Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Sack Mourinho?
Yes sack him asap 23 40.35%
No keep him longer 34 59.65%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:34 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Saffers on the monday comedown by the looks of this and anyone who indulged him by joining his OCD poll deduct points and anyone who voted keep JoMo, stick a pin in your own eye as well.

You don't have to know who his replacement will or should be, to know that he has to be P45ed come the end of the season. I'd take Steve the Bruce and get back to being manchester utd

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:34 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
1: No idea how "available" he is and despite undoubtedly making progress with Spurs he still hasn't won anything.

2: Only been a manager at Hoffenheim since 2016. Currently has a win percentage of 41% No way is he ready to rebuild United at this stage.

3: Has so far managed the mighty Erzgebirge Aue and Schalke for a combined total of 12 months. Even less experienced than number 2.

4: Been sacked this year by Stuttgart. Never won a thing.

5: Only ever managed one club in Mexico. Not sure how this means he's qualified to rebuild Manchester United

6: Never heard of him but the last person we had at the club with the same name twice was Djemba Djemba and we all know how that worked out.

In short, there's no-one available right now who would definitely improve on what we've already got so Clarkie's point still stands.
Don't understand this "never won anything" argument

In modern day football you can only win the biggest trophies if you are managing one of the wealthy elite clubs of Europe (Leicester 2 years ago the exception that proves the rule)

Sure Poch could have won an FA cup or a League Cup or a Europa League with Spurs but truthfully who at our level really gives a £#%&! about those trophies anymore
It would be a miracle akin to Leicester if Spurs on their budget won the league under him

You simply have to judge a manager on how good a job he's done and in the last few years no one in the PL has come close to the job Poch has done at Spurs

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:39 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Why does a manager have to have won something to take the united job ?
Exactly

7. David Moyes

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:41 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
1: No idea how "available" he is and despite undoubtedly making progress with Spurs he still hasn't won anything.

2: Only been a manager at Hoffenheim since 2016. Currently has a win percentage of 41% No way is he ready to rebuild United at this stage.

3: Has so far managed the mighty Erzgebirge Aue and Schalke for a combined total of 12 months. Even less experienced than number 2.

4: Been sacked this year by Stuttgart. Never won a thing.

5: Only ever managed one club in Mexico. Not sure how this means he's qualified to rebuild Manchester United

6: Never heard of him but the last person we had at the club with the same name twice was Djemba Djemba and we all know how that worked out.

In short, there's no-one available right now who would definitely improve on what we've already got so Clarkie's point still stands.
Jesus

They're our best candidates?

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:43 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

In modern day football you can only win the biggest trophies if you are managing one of the wealthy elite clubs of Europe (Leicester 2 years ago the exception that proves the rule)

Sure Poch could have won an FA cup or a League Cup or a Europa League with Spurs but truthfully who at our level really gives a f*** about those trophies anymore
It would be a miracle akin to Leicester if Spurs on their budget won the league under him

You simply have to judge a manager on how good a job he's done and in the last few years no one in the PL has come close to the job Poch has done at Spurs
Exactly. Poch has proven he's an excellent coach who extracts the best of his players. Many of whom nobody would bat an eye at before he came and even now in a few cases.

Too many people focus on gravitas. I'd have Poch everyday ahead of Ancelotti for example. The latter has won titles but Poch fits more with what I identify with as a Utd manager. Zidane has won a lot recently but I rank Poch's work over his. One is building a club up, the other is not much more than a figurehead.

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:44 PM
Barcabal

Pogba at Real, he'd be lit fam

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Jesus

They're our best candidates?
Nope...

They are young hungry managers....

Poch is the one...should move for him in the summer.

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Sure Poch could have won an FA cup or a League Cup or a Europa League with Spurs but truthfully who at our level really gives a f*** about those trophies anymore

Correct.

Also I suppose it is a bit odd that having hired two of the most decorated managers in the game and watched them fail to mount titles challenges while playing poor football, the first thing we ask for is that track record of winning things.

Bunks spot on. Get a hungry manager with a commitment to building something. And playing the game the right way.

Unread 26-03-2018, 02:57 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Nope...

The days have gone when a phone call would have someone hurtling up the M6, especially when the call is being made by our nice Mr Ed Wooden on behalf of the glazers

Unread 26-03-2018, 03:00 PM
AK14

Quote:
Nope...

So basically it’s Pochettino or no one then?

Unread 26-03-2018, 03:01 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
The days have gone when a phone call would have someone hurtling up the M6, especially when the call is being made by our nice Mr Ed Wooden on behalf of the glazers
Absolute nonsense but I suppose it's inkeeping with the rest of the thread.

Unread 26-03-2018, 03:01 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Correct.

Also I suppose it is a bit odd that having hired two of the most decorated managers in the game and watched them fail to mount titles challenges while playing poor football, the first thing we ask for is that track record of winning things.

Bunks spot on. Get a hungry manager with a commitment to building something. And playing the game the right way.
Carl Robinson is available?

Unread 26-03-2018, 03:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Why does a manager have to have won something to take the united job ?
People are scared to admit Poch is the one.

If he wins the FA Cup this season apparently he becomes United worthy overnight.

Unread 26-03-2018, 03:05 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
So basically it’s Pochettino or no one then?
Incorrect again, Poch is probably the best fit currently...

There’s a dozen young managers out there that I’d welcome at Old Trafford...

We’ve tried Cut from the same cloth, we’ve tried a footballing brain with prestige, we’ve tried meltdown impact trophy man..

We need a plan for the future and that is youth and desire...

Unread 26-03-2018, 03:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
Incorrect again, Poch is probably the best fit currently...

There’s a dozen young managers out there that I’d welcome at Old Trafford...

We’ve tried Cut from the same cloth, we’ve tried a footballing brain with prestige, we’ve tried meltdown impact trophy man..

We need a plan for the future and that is youth and desire...
Right, so the ones you named are the other best candidates?

Unread 26-03-2018, 03:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Right, so the ones you named are the other best candidates?
Jesus.....

They are candidates, I can name another six if you like...
Each has his own positive and negative points, but it’s not my job to employ them, I won’t be making the call, half of them I don’t even know their current contracts...

You’re being lazy and argumentative now for the sake of it...

“If we sack him there’s no one out there”

There is....

Unread 26-03-2018, 03:09 PM
Ethers

Would bloody love Big Nagelz, look at the cool bastard. Would scare the shit out of Pep with his clobber and full head of hair.

Unread 26-03-2018, 03:10 PM
Bunker Buster

The nag

Unread 26-03-2018, 03:11 PM
Ethers

The Young Nags Head

Unread 26-03-2018, 03:14 PM
S/Side.Red

Can’t help but see that German coaches are going to dominate a bit. All their harsh ruthless old school values modernised by the LvG/Pep imprint on German football. Very hipster, but very now. Nice to see Bunks sageing Tedesco too

Tuchel would be the shout if it wasn’t for the fact he’s supposed to be a #@&%!.
Closed Thread