United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:39 PM
marlo

The reason he isn’t starting games is because he isn’t £#%&!ing good enough...

he doesn’t even excel at any definite aspect of his game.
What quality does he possess that you’d say use to justify calling him a wonder kid ?

you have to be an idiot to think we’d win the league or even challenge with rashford playing up top, the thought of it literally scares me.
I know we want to feel like we have a special youth product on our hands, but we honestly don’t.
Compare and contrast rashford ability with martial. Martial is like a aston Martin to rashford ford focus ST (orange and bought from the Salford dealership)
we will all be here in 3 years.
I also said the same about adnan Janajaz while he had the 11 shirt...

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:42 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

What quality does he possess that you’d say use to justify calling him a wonder kid ?

you have to be an idiot to think we’d win the league or even challenge with rashford playing up top, the thought of it literally scares me.
I know we want to feel like we have a special youth product on our hands, but we honestly don’t.
Compare and contrast rashford ability with martial. Martial is like a aston Martin to rashford ford focus ST (orange and bought from the Salford dealership)

hard to argue with that.

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:44 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I know pal

Who would have thought that a discussion about Oezil would turn into everyone wetting themselves about Mourinho again.

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:44 PM
Barcabal

Cant wait to see him start...

Berts being bitter but the flag

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:52 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
The reason he isn’t starting games is because he isn’t f***ing good enough...

Aww bless. He didn't wanna be in your gang did he?

Unread 24-01-2018, 11:55 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
The reason he isn’t starting games is because he isn’t f***ing good enough...

Didn’t realise there was a Salford Ford dealership.

Unread 25-01-2018, 12:02 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
What do you think Rashford’s position is? It’s been pretty clear to me ever since he’s broken through that he’s a striker. So playing him as a wide player - as not that often - is not giving him chances. I want to see him get chances and shown faith in his actual position.

He got 16 league starts last season (subbed in all of them) and how many as a centre forward? This idea that token sub appearances and flogging him out wide are giving him chances is, at best, disengenous. Personally I think it’s just wilfully ignoring the reality that he’s not being developed as the striker he should be.

Btw Ronaldo had nothing like the impact Rashford did when they started here at 18. The team comes first, but developing an outstanding young talent is pretty good for the team. Ronaldo would never have developed to the extent he did if Fergie had signed players such as Sanchez, Oezil, Pogba and Lukaku.

You show faith in the kids or you don’t. It’s quire simple. Rashford isn’t getting that.
Well I think we fundamentally disagree on that last part.

He's getting a lot of chances, although not in his preferred position. To ask him to start at 20 as our main striker is a huge ask. And all off the back of a debut half season of promise.

Cameos And occasional starts are chances, I'm afraid. The alternative is start him every week without fail in his favoured position.

That would be, imo, too big a risk. We needed a new senior striker after Rooney. Lukaku wouldn't have been my choice, but here he is.

Again I must draw the comparison with martial. What would his best position be? Where did he have his early success with us? Through the middle. He isn't playing in his favoured position either, but he is seizing his chance elsewhere and is as effective for us as he's ever been atm. He's taken what you wouldn't call chances and made the spot his own. It's up to Rashford to take it off him and make it his own. Its healthy.

Lingard doesn't get to play where he wants all the time. Neither does Mata. Even pogba isn't optimised as well as he could be. In fact, the majority of players, young and old, are having to fight for their place in whatever position they get.

Rashford isn't an exception just because he's 20.

And it isn't as black and white as 'play them or don't'. You can play them in areas where they aren't as comfortable. Which is exactly what's happening.

Henry started out there. Darren Fletcher used to play right wing. Roy Keane at left back.

There's plenty of time for Rashford or establish himself as a centre forward, but he has to earn his stripes.

I think we're handling him well. He plays plenty, has freedom to express himself, but right now he isn't doing it and others are.

Time to step up.

We can't simply rely on the idea of potential. It has to pay off. In the meantime, we have targets. He could be brilliant. He could be welneck. We can't sacrifice half a season trying to find out.

Oh, and Ronaldo may not have scored as many goals early as Rashford, but are you using that to suggest that Ronaldo wasn't something a but special? Now who is being disengenuous?

Unread 25-01-2018, 12:02 AM
Cream

Quote:

Unread 25-01-2018, 12:22 AM
Ethers

Genuinely don’t understand the Rashford hate from a seemingly ever growing group of people.

He’s literally just turned 20 years old ffs.

Do me a favour. Think of some of your favourite ever strikers. Then go and have a look at their goal scoring record at 18/19/20. Apart from a few outliers, you’ll find the majority of them look like Rashford’s, if not far worse.

Ruud Van Nistelrooy had scored 8 goals by the age of 20 ffs.

Unread 25-01-2018, 12:22 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

You weren’t alone - Januzaj was a fanny. He had his acolytes but there was plenty of doubt.

Probably a bit previous to say Rashers is at a crossroad but there’s a lot of development happening with the team. Still young enough to deserve and maybe need a break from the limelight as is the time honoured way with young players. If Lokaku was out for an extended period and Martial took his place, there’d be moaners saying Rashford not getting a chance. A lot of competition yet, for his favoured place but as previously mentioned, he’ll have to earn it and I’m sure he’s got a bit more about him than Januzaj.

Unread 25-01-2018, 12:40 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Genuinely don’t understand the Rashford hate from a seemingly ever growing group of people.

Do me a favour. Think of some of your favourite ever strikers. Then go and have a look at their goal scoring record at 18/19/20. Apart from a few outliers, you’ll find the majority of them look like Rashford’s, if not far worse.

This times ten million. You’d think seasoned football watchers would know better.

Unread 25-01-2018, 12:42 AM
Wez

Quote:

Dont talk sense mate, it goes against the narrative of this place

Unread 25-01-2018, 12:50 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

Which is why we signed him when he was 25.

Unread 25-01-2018, 12:54 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
This times ten million. You’d think seasoned football watchers would know better.
They're not seasoned football watchers they are bog standard social media bitches that think their second hand opinions have merit by screaming loudly and repetitively.

Unread 25-01-2018, 01:00 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Can remember making the exact same argument as Ethers on RI back in the day about Ronaldo, who used to get plenty of stick. Look at the great players at his age etc. Incredible how people can watch the same thing happen again and again without learning.

For me the ideal thing for Rashford and Martial would have been to sign a dynamic and versatile striker who could interchange and rotate, even during games. Someone like Mane or Aubameyang for me would have been more interesting and beneficial than the Zlatan/Lukaku route.

Unread 25-01-2018, 01:12 AM
armchair

start a rashford thread. jesus

Unread 25-01-2018, 01:27 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Yep; it's absolutely ludicrous. I fully expected it from Marlo as he has a major axe to grind after Rashford refused to be represented by him but a i'm bit surprised at Sparky tbh because despite being a jumped up £#%&!ing weasel at times, he actually does know his football for the most part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
start a rashford thread. jesus
Who the £#%&! are you to tell people what to do, the guy that runs this place or something?

Unread 25-01-2018, 01:37 AM
My Name is Keith

Rashers is one of the few players I actually like at the club and really want to succeed. Can’t understand anyone not wanting the same.

Whether he’s absolutely top draw or not is difficult to say but he’s still very young so anyone writing him off now is a bit too eager to do so.

Think mou is doing the right thing with him generally - not putting all the pressure on him and giving him plenty of minutes. The criticism of that feels agenda driven. Think he’s just having a bit of a lull but obviously, that’s way too simple an analysis for most.

Unread 25-01-2018, 01:46 AM
AK14

Quote:
Lukaku - 3 goals in last 6 starts.

Rashford - 2 goals in last 6 starts.

Let’s not pretend it’s £#%&!ing prime RVN keeping him out of that team
So what you're saying is Lukaku has a better strike rate?

Here's another stat, Lukaku has 17 goals in 33 games and that's why when he's fit he starts. He might not be the greatest player to play for the club but at this moment he's the best forward we've got

Rashers time will come, but for now he's being used as he should be, out wide where he has more time and space. Until he becomes more clinical in front of goal he can't be relied upon to start as the main striker week in and week out, it wouldn't be fair on the kid.

Quote:

Ermmmm...

Unread 25-01-2018, 02:05 AM
Stickman

I personally like Rashford and want him to succeed, I just don't see a potentially great player but would love to be proved wrong.
Closed Thread