United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-09-2014, 09:53 AM
Rorschach

Thumbs up

Ideal solution for Ribery is to go along with Platini's farce for 1 game. Immediately after the KO, he should go up to the ref, upturn his collar, tweak his nose and pat him on the cheeks in a Stooges comedy style.

Instant red card and the farce is over and shown to the world for the %@#$&!s that it is.

Cheque payable to "Rorschach Solutions" please.

Unread 10-09-2014, 09:53 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by crockster
If I was Ribery I would tell Platini to go and s**k my b*lls.
Ribery prefers to have underage prozzers do that for him.

Ahem, allegedly.

Unread 10-09-2014, 09:54 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach
Ideal solution for Ribery is to go along with Platini's farce for 1 game. Immediately after the KO, he should go up to the ref, upturn his collars, tweak his nose and pat him on the cheeks.

Instant red card and the farce is over and shown to the world for the %@#$&!s that it is.

Cheque payable to "Rorschach Solutions" please.
Probably still get a club ban as they are so vindictive. Best just to play very badly

Unread 10-09-2014, 09:59 AM
crockster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Ribery prefers to have underage prozzers do that for him.

Ahem, allegedly.

Unread 10-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Probably still get a club ban as they are so vindictive. Best just to play very badly
That was my first thought too: "Hoof it like Bebe."

But I preferred to highlight the farcical nature of Platini's folly to teach the @#%&! a lesson.

Unread 10-09-2014, 10:03 AM
dodger

I seem to remember having this argument before and the upshot was you can actually retire from international football, officially and all that, and not be called up. This idea that you can't is a media fallacy that Platini seems to have fallen for too. At least that's how i remember it.

Unread 10-09-2014, 10:07 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
No-one would notice with English players.

Unread 10-09-2014, 10:08 AM
dodger

Here, quote from FIFA about halfway down

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/5291486.stm

Unread 10-09-2014, 10:09 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I seem to remember having this argument before and the upshot was you can actually retire from international football, officially and all that, and not be called up. This idea that you can't is a media fallacy that Platini seems to have fallen for too. At least that's how i remember it.
Again, you aren't under contract to your Country, so why should you play if you don't want to?

In Ribery's case, he neither plays in the French League nor lives in France, how can the French have any power over him?

Unread 10-09-2014, 10:10 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Here, quote from FIFA about halfway down

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ea/5291486.stm
So it turns out Platini is a clueless @#%&!.

Unread 10-09-2014, 10:14 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Who knew?

Unread 10-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

How does platini think he has the authority to do this anyway? If he in his uefa role, was to ban ribery from playing in Germany, then surely he would have to impose this same punishment on all European players?

Platini is a £#%&!ing clown it seems. Talks bollox about English teams spending too much but helps PSG become an oil club?

Seems he's using his international position to benefit France, whether that means being a hypocrite or not. Typical French protectionism.

Unread 10-09-2014, 10:20 AM
My Name is Keith

Pretty sure it's a hair thing. Thinking about it, it can only be hair related tbh.

Platini has always had a big downer on ribery's medieval cut preferring players with long curly D'atagnan style locks. He's taken him to task on it repeatedly apparently but ribery's not the kind of guy to get shoved around on this kind of issue and both parties have come to blows.

This is the latest in this drawn out saga which is becoming more futile with each passing year as big frank couldn't now probably achieve the luxuriant silky locks that Platini is so desperate for.

Sad really.

Unread 10-09-2014, 10:21 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
How does platini think he has the authority to do this anyway? If he in his uefa role, was to ban ribery from playing in Germany, then surely he would have to impose this same punishment on all European players?

Platini is a £#%&!ing clown it seems. Talks bollox about English teams spending too much but helps PSG become an oil club?

Seems he's using his international position to benefit France, whether that means being a hypocrite or not. Typical French protectionism.
He's also a major player in the Qatar world cup farce. Which does wonders for his credibility

Unread 10-09-2014, 10:40 AM
forzagarza

Hang on this might work out well. Force Ribery to play in Qatar in 2022, he dies of heatstroke, Platini is charged with manslaughter

Unread 10-09-2014, 11:03 AM
Ashley's Grime

Platini is a £#%&!ing moron. No goal line technology and a 24 team Euro 2016.

Unread 10-09-2014, 11:13 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicarito
nouveau au le Francais copain?

somethings going on - I actually understood that.

Unread 10-09-2014, 11:16 AM
MJ Ramone

Never understood why anybody would retire from International football tbh
It's become a bizarre trend in recent years.

They're pro-Footballers ffs, they should want to play as often as possible.
They reach retirement age at 40, it's not as if their kids are going to have flown the nest by the time they've hung up their boots.

I'm personally not a fan of watching International football any more because for the most part I think it's dull as £#%&!. If I played though I'd bloody love going to a World Cup.

A lot of International retirements are 'flounces' because they're not getting picked, others are 'look at me' bullshit from mid-30s bores.

In summary, I'm not even remotely arsed.

Unread 10-09-2014, 11:52 AM
vangaalsbigballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I am not sure if the dodger has read the article correctly. If you read at the end where chelsea clubs statement is given

"We understand the letter of the law is very clear on this subject, and the ramifications for Claude and Chelsea if he is called up but does not play".

Makes it clear that could have been penalties for both Makelele and chelsea if he had refused to play and domenech named him in the squad.

Unread 10-09-2014, 11:53 AM
vangaalsbigballs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Never understood why anybody would retire from International football tbh
It's become a bizarre trend in recent years.

They're pro-Footballers ffs, they should want to play as often as possible.
They reach retirement age at 40, it's not as if their kids are going to have flown the nest by the time they've hung up their boots.

I'm personally not a fan of watching International football any more because for the most part I think it's dull as £#%&!. If I played though I'd bloody love going to a World Cup.

A lot of International retirements are 'flounces' because they're not getting picked, others are 'look at me' bullshit from mid-30s bores.

In summary, I'm not even remotely arsed.
exactly. Ben £#%&!ing foster
Closed Thread