United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-12-2017, 08:58 AM
ziggyman17

Default Paul Scholes..

Applied for the under 23 coach last season and got blanked.. I think the club mesed up here.. Wanted to start coaching at a younger level and work his way up the ladder..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...TV-truths.html

Unread 24-12-2017, 11:00 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Applied for the under 23 coach last season and got blanked.. I think the club mesed up here.. Wanted to start coaching at a younger level and work his way up the ladder..

Yeah why get people with pedigree who understand the club eh

Unread 24-12-2017, 11:16 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17

I can't help but think we've missed a trick here but it puts all that 'boyhood Latics fan' and 'would only be involved with Oldham after playing career finished' stuff to bed doesn't it?

Unread 24-12-2017, 11:30 AM
puressence

Will be at City soon. Yhihf

Unread 24-12-2017, 11:37 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Will be at City soon. Yhihf

Hmmmm....Apparently a number of our former players have chosen to put their lads into City's youth system over ours too.

Unread 24-12-2017, 02:31 PM
TreeFiddy

Remember what an absolute £#%&!ing pleasure it was to watch the ginger genius play for United every week? Special player. Watching United brings me no joy these days.

Unread 24-12-2017, 02:33 PM
Ethers

“Neville is good at arguments. He likes them. He usually wins them. 'I get United fans having a go at me on Twitter sometimes,' he says, referring to the conversation he's just had. 'Every so often I'll get their number and ring them up.'”

Strange lie

Unread 24-12-2017, 02:40 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
“Neville is good at arguments. He likes them. He usually wins them. 'I get United fans having a go at me on Twitter sometimes,' he says, referring to the conversation he's just had. 'Every so often I'll get their number and ring them up.'”

Strange lie
PM number.

Unread 24-12-2017, 03:24 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

Strange lie
"who the £#%&! is tony adams?"

Unread 24-12-2017, 03:29 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
"who the £#%&! is tony adams?"

“I know who Tony Adams is you fooking dick”

Classic

Unread 24-12-2017, 03:33 PM
sa7

Quote:

Strange lie

Lad needs a regular job.

Unread 24-12-2017, 03:57 PM
Buck

"Forecourt at 9"

Unread 24-12-2017, 04:00 PM
utd99

I’d be more inclined to put Scholes back in the £#%&!ing team than have him coach tbh.

Unread 24-12-2017, 04:01 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’d be more inclined to put Scholes back in the f***ing team than have him coach tbh.

Sad but true

Unread 24-12-2017, 04:09 PM
andyroo

We already did it once, all it did was make Pogba £#%&! off

Unread 24-12-2017, 04:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Love Scholesy, but he’s naive. According to a piece in The Times, Mourinho doesn’t want the Co92 around as he doesn’t fully trust them. Scholes may be oblivious to how his constant slagging of the previous manager while his mate was assistant and had his eye on the job came across, but apparently Mourinho found it uncomfortable.

Shocking to me that neither he nor Giggs realised it at the time tbh.

Unread 24-12-2017, 04:24 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Love Scholesy, but he’s naive. According to a piece in The Times, Mourinho doesn’t want the Co92 around as he doesn’t fully trust them. Scholes may be oblivious to how his constant slagging of the previous manager while his mate was assistant and had his eye on the job came across, but apparently Mourinho found it uncomfortable.

I think your analysis is spot on there S/Side.Red, you've expressed my feelings much more neatly than I could have done myself to be honest.

Unread 24-12-2017, 04:48 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

So he should have been bad at his job then? He was paid to give an honest opinion, and it was an opinion shared by most on here. Beige pundits who are scared to express their views don’t last long.

Unread 24-12-2017, 04:50 PM
andyroo

The Class of 92 stuff, It's romantic but it's a bit rubbish. They were wonderful players, we were so proud of them but any idea they're destined for great things in management is no more than wishful thinking.

More players like that, we'll that's another thing. Hurry up United

Unread 24-12-2017, 04:55 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
The Class of 92 stuff, It's romantic but it's a bit rubbish. They were wonderful players, we were so proud of them but any idea they're destined for great things in management is no more than wishful thinking.

More players like that, we'll that's another thing. Hurry up United
Because people can’t seem to grasp the concept that there is very little correlation between what you did as a player and what you’re likely to do as a manager/coach. Why would there be? They’re two completely different skill sets.

Despite a mountain of evidence to the contrary, this old chestnut just won’t go away. ‘Getting’ a club is irrelevant to anything.
Closed Thread