United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2007, 01:35 AM
wonky no

That is the game i can basically remeber from start to finish. Probably the first game were I was physically nervous.

I remember the MEN having a souvenior 'programme' out in the paper shop (everton had one too). It was the biggest game United had been involved in, in my time. Brighton wasn't the same because we were clear favourites. The game(s) against Barca couldn't compare to "The Cup"

Everton were the mutts nutts and I was having nightmares the night before because Robson was injured.

The pass from Hughes and Norms touch before making Southall look stupid had me on my knees infront of the box and tears running down my face.

Just being there when they brought it back to Manc on the open top bus was magic. It was the greatest thing in the World.

Unread 13-01-2007, 01:37 AM
£#%&! KFC

oh dear had a drink* have we.....

* drink meaning three Fosters obviously

Unread 13-01-2007, 01:38 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
Jimmy Greenhoff my most favourite ever goal.

Evertoin and shit house pool came out ot give us a good hiden. They did getb one over on us beforwe the game but afyter we were invinssible! RED ARMY RED ARMY. we £#%&!in did em aLL THGE WAYNBACJ TO THE STATION THE SOFT @#%&!S!
I was on about 85

Unread 13-01-2007, 01:38 AM
£#%&! KFC

I bet it was wonks...but being at the game was something else....

Unread 13-01-2007, 01:40 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
oh dear had a drink* have we.....

* drink meaning three Fosters obviously
Moi?
yes
Lager is a ladies drink though.

And I was only 10

Unread 13-01-2007, 01:43 AM
seans17

Wonks, to naswer you q from ri, cant be arse flipping between forums:

Depends how you quantify it i suppose. Trips and days out, everton in the cup, burnley away, spurs 2003, stuttgart, northampton, arsenal 03, liverpool away, cantona cup final 96, cup semi 2004, west brom a few times, brum midweek when they first came up, arse home end of the unbeaten run, liverpool @ home ferdinand, copenhagen was a good un, and many more. Charity shield v arsenal howards debut was a very barmy trip.

Most are from when i was 16+ when i was given a free reign from my dad to go and do what i wanted.

In a bar with reds in lyon at about 3 in the morning pissed as a fart
Bucharest £#%&!ing mint
Ripping the camera down at exter
In the home end at at villa woth about a 100 red march 03
Hr v the scouser at cardiff mental
newcastle 5-1?
sothampton fa cup withthe flare
leicester 03

There's loads more, but my memory is shit.

Unread 13-01-2007, 01:49 AM
gbmufc

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoonofMufc
I was 16 in 85 and my girlfriend at the time wanted me to take her out on Cup Final day. She couldn't understand that even though I never had a ticket I'd still want to see the game and said "either you come out with me or we're finished"

£#%&!ing glad Norman curled that one in

Not the last woman to find out that they came a distant second when it came to United

qUALATI! LUV YA

Unread 13-01-2007, 01:52 AM
gbmufc

Quote:
Originally Posted by seans17

Depends how you quantify it i suppose. Trips and days out, everton in the cup, burnley away, spurs 2003, stuttgart, northampton, arsenal 03, liverpool away, cantona cup final 96, cup semi 2004, west brom a few times, brum midweek when they first came up, arse home end of the unbeaten run, liverpool @ home ferdinand, copenhagen was a good un, and many more. Charity shield v arsenal howards debut was a very barmy trip.

Most are from when i was 16+ when i was given a free reign from my dad to go and do what i wanted.

Bucharest £#%&!ing mint
newcastle 5-1?
leicester 03

yOU CANT REMEMBER THE HALF OF IT BUT YOUR DOIN WELL!

Unread 13-01-2007, 01:57 AM
gbmufc

Quote:

Bucharest £#%&!ing mint
newcastle 5-1?
leicester 03

!
AND YOU. GOOD JOB YOUR MATE DIDNT SET THET FLARE OFF IN THE £#%&!IN PUB!

Unread 13-01-2007, 02:04 AM
wonky no

Quote:

Bucharest £#%&!ing mint
newcastle 5-1?
leicester 03

The reason I asked is I don't go to aways but our travelling support is truely second to non but our home support (apart from a few exceptions) is shite and getting worse

Unread 13-01-2007, 02:08 AM
seans17

I dont disagree with you wonks, it's rare any home fans in this country are any good, but it doesnt stop you having top times.

As i said on Fred Tissue if we're going to try and recreate what the older generation got upto we'll fail miserably, but as it is, doing our own thing, we still have some £#%&!ing great days, we still meet some top lads and you never wake up thinking "i could have spent that ton/ton and half on something better".

Unread 13-01-2007, 02:24 AM
£#%&! KFC

Wonks....I wasn't meaning you I was meaning gbmufc

Lille will be my 93rd Euro away*....I think I'll stop when i get to 100

*including summer pre-season trips which I have done many of

Unread 13-01-2007, 02:37 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Wonks....I wasn't meaning you I was meaning gbmufc

Lille will be my 93rd Euro away*....I think I'll stop when i get to 100

*including summer pre-season trips which I have done many of
I don't know how you do it pal, that's some £#%&!ing total!

Have a good one tomorrow chaps, i'm off.

Unread 13-01-2007, 02:39 AM
£#%&! KFC

laters mate...enjoy tomorrow

Unread 13-01-2007, 04:56 AM
Dueling Banjos

That was the first time I organised a trip from over here (Isle of Man). I was 20 and all the lazy older £#%&!s couldn't be relied upon to sort it. I booked us all on the Friday night ferry (9 reds and a blue) and got us to Lancaster station where we got the mail train down. I was holding a carrier bag full of Worthies Pale Ale if I remember correctly I gave it away outside the Torch and it was pretty warm by then!

The game speaks for itself but we managed to jib the early train back to Lancaster and I always remember this guy coming on the top deck of the bus back to Morecambe (where we got the boat back home) wearing a yellow hard hat singing "one man off,one goal up,Bryan Robsons got the cup,la la la la la,la-la,la-la" and he @#%&!ted his head on the top of the bus with every step.
Closed Thread