United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-05-2009, 03:52 PM
Coracao

Default Official: European Transfers - Summer 2009

Juventus look like they're in for a busy-ish summer already.

Sacked Ranieri.

Pretty much completed the deal for Diego.

And are re-signing Cannavarro

Unread 19-05-2009, 03:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Looks like Inter are going to sign Diego Milito and Thiago Motta from Genoa. Mourinho made a mess of his transfers last summer; these don't look that much more inspired, imo.

Unread 19-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Looks like Inter are going to sign Diego Milito and Thiago Motta from Genoa. Mourinho made a mess of his transfers last summer; these don't look that much more inspired, imo.
What sort of reception do you think Cannavarro will get off the Juve fans? £#%&!ing off when they got relegated and returning when you're a shadow of the player you were can't go down too well, surely?

Unread 19-05-2009, 04:05 PM
dunk

The way the Italians do it is £#%&!ed up IMO. How can you buy players when you don't have a manager? Stupid, just stupid.

Unread 19-05-2009, 04:06 PM
Baron

Real have elections & the whole Perez thing is gathering pace..

Quote:
Originally Posted by @#%&!y Mc@#%&! Perez
"We need to make a major investment, probably what we would do in two or three years,"
So Madrid will potentially spend the equivilant of 3 Summers budget this year...

Given they did something like £16m on Diarra, £20m on Huntelaar, £13m on van der Vaart etc this season you'd be thinking they'll £#%&! something in the region of £150m this Summer... probably recoup a fair bit from a few as well but still, will start a bit of a merry-go-round shirley?

Unread 19-05-2009, 04:12 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
What sort of reception do you think Cannavarro will get off the Juve fans? £#%&!ing off when they got relegated and returning when you're a shadow of the player you were can't go down too well, surely?
I'm not sure. They may look on him a little more fondly than they do Zlatan because he went abroad rather than to a rival. But yeah, I suspect he'll have a lot of work to do in order to win them over. Despite his performances at the World Cup, I've always been a little underwhelmed with him ever since he left Parma. Sounds crazy when talking about someone who has since played for Inter, Juve and Real and won the Fifa award, but I thought he'd go on to be a bit better than he did

Unread 19-05-2009, 04:20 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I'm not sure. They may look on him a little more fondly than they do Zlatan because he went abroad rather than to a rival. But yeah, I suspect he'll have a lot of work to do in order to win them over. Despite his performances at the World Cup, I've always been a little underwhelmed with him ever since he left Parma. Sounds crazy when talking about someone who has since played for Inter, Juve and Real and won the Fifa award, but I thought he'd go on to be a bit better than he did
I've always preferred Nesta personally. Not seen a great deal of him in recent years though, so couldn't comment on his current ability.

Unread 19-05-2009, 04:24 PM
dodger

Quote:
, I've always been a little underwhelmed with him ever since he left Parma. Sounds crazy when talking about someone who has since played for Inter, Juve and Real and won the Fifa award, but I thought he'd go on to be a bit better than he did
Too short to be brilliant in that position

Unread 19-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Baron

Quote:
I've always preferred Nesta personally. Not seen a great deal of him in recent years though, so couldn't comment on his current ability.
his Fleetwood is £#%&!ed this season, not played at all.

Unread 19-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
his Fleetwood is £#%&!ed this season, not played at all.
Didn't realise, not watched much of it this season at all. Can't be looking good for him missing a whole season with his back.

Unread 19-05-2009, 05:01 PM
withapacketofsweets

Quote:
Typical Inter defenders IMO, shite, dirty @#%&!s. They'll go well with Materazzi and Cordoba.

Unread 19-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by withapacketofsweets
Typical Inter defenders IMO, shite, dirty @#%&!s. They'll go well with Materazzi and Cordoba.
Diego is a centre forward pal.

You're thinking of Gabriel.

Unread 19-05-2009, 05:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I've always preferred Nesta personally.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by withapacketofsweets
This is actually the striker Diego Milito, not Gabriel Milito, the defender, of Barcelona. He's scored 20 goals this season in Serie A with Genoa. But he'll be 30 in the summer and has never played for a big club. Apparently they will pay over £22m for him, which seems slightly insane.

Unread 19-05-2009, 05:08 PM
withapacketofsweets

Quote:
Diego is a centre forward pal.

You're thinking of Gabriel.
Quote:
Agreed.

This is actually the striker Diego Milito, not Gabriel Milito, the defender, of Barcelona. He's scored 20 goals this season in Serie A with Genoa. But he'll be 30 in the summer and has never played for a big club. Apparently they will pay over £22m for him, which seems slightly insane.
I know that lads, I dont know how that S sneaked on the end of the word defender.

Unread 19-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Sparky***

Personally, i can't see united signing more than 1 player this summer tbh. Probably a full back or a LM.

Forget about the likes of Ribery, Benzema, Villa or david silva. That ain't happening. Especially with Real Madrid out there throwing money about for the sake of it.

I fully anticipate Liverpool will probably spend more money than us this summer actually and so will chelsea.

Unread 19-05-2009, 05:16 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Personally, i can't see united signing more than 1 player this summer tbh. Probably a full back or a LM.

Forget about the likes of Ribery, Benzema, Villa or david silva. That ain't happening. Especially with Real Madrid out there throwing money about for the sake of it.

I fully anticipate Liverpool will probably spend more money than us this summer actually and so will chelsea.

and when they do and we win 4 in a row benetez will moan that he jsut can't compete with our spending power....

Unread 19-05-2009, 06:55 PM
borsuk

be interesting to see how many of these move on. quite a few, at a guess. it could be one of the busier summers, though i can't see united doing much business.

ribery
benzema
dzeko
aguero
valencia
silva
villa
ballack
tevez
kaka
fabregas
adebayor
diego (done, it appears)

Unread 19-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Pretty Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
be interesting to see how many of these move on. quite a few, at a guess. it could be one of the busier summers, though i can't see united doing much business.

ribery
benzema
dzeko
aguero
valencia
silva
villa
ballack
tevez
kaka
fabregas
adebayor
diego (done, it appears)
Good thread this. I can see Moratti making a huge bid for Aguero, who will be an excellent signing, even for 30m imo. Think he can do better than Inter personally -will probably have to work like a donkey while Mourinho is there.

Cant see Arsenal letting Fabregas go, even if Madrid come calling. Read somewhere that he can Van persie are negotiating new contracts .

Unread 19-05-2009, 08:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Boy
Good thread this. I can see Moratti making a huge bid for Aguero, who will be an excellent signing, even for 30m imo. Think he can do better than Inter personally -will probably have to work like a donkey while Mourinho is there.

Cant see Arsenal letting Fabregas go, even if Madrid come calling. Read somewhere that he can Van persie are negotiating new contracts .
Fabregas has got about 6 years left on his current contract and RVP keeps knocking them back.

I'd love us to go for Aguero, replace Tevez with him, he is going to be, and already is a stunning player.

Who the £#%&! is Dzeko?

Unread 19-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Fabregas has got about 6 years left on his current contract and RVP keeps knocking them back.

I'd love us to go for Aguero, replace Tevez with him, he is going to be, and already is a stunning player.

Who the £#%&! is Dzeko?
don't hold your breath.

Real Madrid and Barcelona will cherry pick the best out of Spain. They won't come to England - unless to sign for El Filth.

United don't sign Superstar players anyway.
Closed Thread