United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-03-2016, 11:48 PM
armchair

Default Kluivert: "Rashford does remind me of myself more than any other current striker"

‘I loved the words of Van Gaal that he looks like me on the pitch. I was glad to be compared to him. I hope it also gave Marcus a positive vibe because I did achieve something in football.'

‘There are similarities in style. His strength, his movement, his nose in front of goal. He knows where he has to stand — and all this at 18. He will be a very good player, you can see he has the tools.'

‘For the youngsters, Van Gaal is absolutely the right manager. He is a fantastic trainer, a perfect human being. '

'He took me from the youth team and gave me a chance to express myself in the highest competition. He gave me confidence, self-belief. He taught me tactically.'

‘I remember him telling me that a striker needed to go to the near post eight times out of 10, not only to get the ball but also to make space for the second striker. '

'It focused my mind instead of waiting for the ball. He knew when to encourage me and when to tell me off for a bad game.’

'I know Van Gaal very well. The situation will have affected him and it has been difficult for me to watch because we still have a close bond. He’s a proud man and he wouldn’t have expected to struggle so much at United'

‘The people in charge knew what kind of coach they took on, what he achieved with Bayern Munich and Barcelona.'

'I hope he can stay next year but things are getting difficult. '

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ampaign =1490

Unread 20-03-2016, 12:03 AM
dunk

Unread 20-03-2016, 12:11 AM
ryanMUFC

Pats a top lad. We reminisced over the 3-3 games in the 98/99 season in Harrods last year.

Unread 20-03-2016, 12:13 AM
waynes ear's

£#%&! Giggs off and get Big Pat alongside LvG

Unread 20-03-2016, 12:19 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
"I first started hearing about him by watching Premier League matches and observing his performance along with other players," said the 43-year-old.

"I then started seeing some news saying he is the Red Cafu! So there's nothing better than coming to the city and taking a picture with my successor.

"He is a good player; still young and developing, but already gaining recognition at Liverpool and he might even have an opportunity with the English national team. He'll be a great English player in the future.

"He has speed, strength and determination. He's an athlete who goes after it and never gives it up. That's exactly what I used to do; there were no missing chances for me, no tiredness and no being dejected.

"I see that style in him too. I hope he continues that way and achieves as many trophies as I did."

Unread 20-03-2016, 12:20 AM
Sparky***

Patrick, £#%&!off you tit.

Unread 20-03-2016, 12:30 AM
Pop

Unread 20-03-2016, 02:40 AM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Siders will be dining out on those quotes for the next 3 months

Unread 20-03-2016, 03:04 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
They're not old enough.

Unread 20-03-2016, 04:54 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
They're not old enough.
Said jimmy saville. Never

Unread 20-03-2016, 09:53 AM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Archived

Unread 20-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Ethers

Shite player.

Patrick, not Rashers

Unread 20-03-2016, 11:11 AM
jem

Quote:
six months should take him up to rashford's next game for united if he misses a sitter today.

Unread 20-03-2016, 12:36 PM
sa7

Who gives a shit what that @#%&! thinks?

Unread 20-03-2016, 12:43 PM
Sparky***

Whisper it, but i've heard we may be signing him and Ariel Ortega

Unread 20-03-2016, 12:54 PM
Billy Redface

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Whisper it, but i've heard we may be signing him and Ariel Ortega
Pure Clubcall talk

Unread 20-03-2016, 03:25 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Pure Clubcall talk
Imagine Pure had a clubcall line. Paying for utter frontier gibberish

Unread 20-03-2016, 08:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Shite player.

Patrick, not Rashers
He really wasn't tbh, and I have never liked him.

Unread 20-03-2016, 09:09 PM
Crumps

Born the same day as RVN.

Unread 20-03-2016, 09:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Born the same day as RVN.
Due to retire soon then.
Closed Thread