United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-12-2008, 11:31 AM
dodger

Inter- Shite, Real - shite, Lyon - solid but unspectacular, Sporting- very average, Athletico- average.

Really not concerned about anybody except the English clubs and we can't play them yet. Bring it on.

By the way, Chelsea v Panthanaiakos is nailed on.

Unread 11-12-2008, 11:39 AM
The Watcher

Although it'd be preferable to get the likes of Sporting at this stage in Europe, I can't help but hope we get Real Madrid or Inter Milan. A proper European Cup tie too stir the blood. Real Madrid especially, really want to KO them after the defeats of 2000 & 2003, not to mention all the bullshit surrounding Ronnie.

Our £#%&!ing strikers better have their act together by then though. If we play as we have so far in Europe (1 win and 2 draws at home ffs), I can see any of our potential opponents knocking us out.

Unread 11-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Weekend Rockstar

Anyone but Inter, Real please.

Unread 11-12-2008, 05:50 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
some very tough teams have finished 2nd, sporting are the only team i would be confident about, possibly lyon. inter/mourihno would do us, real and atletico are both dangerous on their night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
inter and real madrid will knock us out imo.

lyon could be tricky if we go a goal behind so basically sporting or athletico are the only ones we will beat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Rockstar
Anyone but Inter, Real please.
Are you lot SkySports News monkeys or something? Only seeing Ibrahimovic's flicks and wondergoals.

Inter are gash. They're record this season is the only team bar Villareal's that worse than ours. W2 D2 L2 scoring 8 conceding 7, in a group with Werder Bremen, Panathanaikos and a team of ornithologists.

Get a grip

Unread 11-12-2008, 06:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Are you lot SkySports News monkeys or something? Only seeing Ibrahimovic's flicks and wondergoals.

Inter are gash. They're record this season is the only team bar Villareal's that worse than ours. W2 D2 L2 scoring 8 conceding 7, in a group with Werder Bremen, Panathanaikos and a team of ornithologists.

Get a grip
I suspect the apprehension with regard to playing Inter is Mourinho’s record against United. He knows us well and is generally very successful at setting his team up to nullify our strengths and often gets good results against us. I’d imagine Fergie has faced him maybe a dozen times and I can only think of one win in those matches. That and the fact that they are still a decent side with some excellent players.

Our form in the tournament this year has hardly been exceptional, either. Only two wins from our six group games; we couldn’t even score in two games against a Villarreal side that conceded five against Aalborg. Plenty of sides will be writing us off as not being as strong as last season.

Unread 11-12-2008, 06:12 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I suspect the apprehension with regard to playing Inter is Mourinho’s record against United. He knows us well and is generally very successful at setting his team up to nullify our strengths and often gets good results against us. I’d imagine Fergie has faced him maybe ten times and I can only think of one win in those matches. That and the fact that they are still a decent side with some excellent players.

Our form in the tournament this year has hardly been exceptional, either. Only two wins from our six group games; we couldn’t even score in two games against a Villarreal side that conceded five against Aalborg. Plenty of sides will be writing us off as not being as strong as last season.
exactly.

mourihno > fergie

Unread 11-12-2008, 06:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Get a grip
the three lads you Quoted are Home and away reds...Probably a little pissed about the venues.

Fairplay to them.

Somtimes the city and beer with the reds is more important

hth

Unread 11-12-2008, 06:25 PM
Argentina

Klaus Ollofs > Mourinho evidently

There is no way United would get undone by Inter.

Unread 11-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Weekend Rockstar

Quote:

Get a grip
Can only see Inter troubling us, Mourinho knows us well. Or what Bunker said.

Unread 11-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
the three lads you Quoted are Home and away reds...Probably a little pissed about the venues.

Fairplay to them.

Somtimes the city and beer with the reds is more important

hth
Ginlarde, and Vio? Home and away reds?! Ok. Maybe, if that red is Arsenal's red, I could agree with the Vio comment.

Ginlarde's been to america more times than hes been to a United match.

Weekend Rockstar, I knowing nothing about his match going habits.

Bunker...are you drunk?

Unread 11-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Bunker...are you drunk?

Thats about the third time you have asked me that this week.......

I dont drink Monday to Thursday.

Unread 11-12-2008, 06:39 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Thats about the third time you have asked me that this week.......

I dont drink Monday to Thursday.
Now I know you're pissed, because Ive never spoken to you before. You're not allowed to speak to me directly. I just made an exception on these couple of occasions because of the unusual diatribe you posted. Normal service will be resumed until a post of equally surprising non-sensical comments is posted.

Unread 11-12-2008, 06:58 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Now I know you're pissed, because Ive never spoken to you before. You're not allowed to speak to me directly. I just made an exception on these couple of occasions because of the unusual diatribe you posted. Normal service will be resumed until a post of equally surprising non-sensical comments is posted.

Give him a break mate he is suffering from Diogenes Syndrome

Unread 11-12-2008, 07:20 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer

Give him a break mate he is suffering from Diogenes Syndrome

Interesting thing to mention. Where did you dredge that from?
Closed Thread