United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Withered Hand
Anderson had a good game last night, looked better when Scholes came on though.

He did from our box to 30 yards from their goal.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:02 AM
Withers

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He did from our box to 30 yards from their goal.
Pretty much a midfielders job really.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:04 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Pretty much a midfielders job really.
To some extent, yes, though a bit of creativity in the finasl 3rd wouldn't go amiss. Just wish collectively we'd realised that getting it wide might create a bit of space.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:04 AM
dunk

Anderson has only really looked good against a shocking Blackburn side and in the 2nd half against Aalborg, the rest of the time he has done enough and no more. It's encouraging to see the improvement in his performance in recent games, but he hasn't done enough to suggest he is a better option from the start than Fletcher as yet, for me anyway.

Scholes played an impressive cameo yesterday, against a shite midfield in which no defending whatsoever was required. He's a long way off starting games, IMO. He's perfect for the games against cannon fodder, but away at spurs we need our fittest, most in form midfield on the pitch, as it is vital we get the win.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Anderson has only really looked good against a shocking Blackburn side and in the 2nd half against Aalborg, the rest of the time he has done enough and no more. It's encouraging to see the improvement in his performance in recent games, but he hasn't done enough to suggest he is a better option from the start than Fletcher as yet, for me anyway.

Scholes played an impressive cameo yesterday, against a shite midfield in which no defending whatsoever was required. He's a long way off starting games, IMO. He's perfect for the games against cannon fodder, but away at spurs we need our fittest, most in form midfield on the pitch, as it is vital we get the win.
Probably, though as I say a bit of creativity and awareness in the final 3rd would be nice. I also have a question as to who that most in form midfield id, probbly Carrick and Fletcher, though Fletch was very poor against Sunderland.

borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
fletcher is a limited player. Put him amongst a group of average midfielders then he might shine.

But as the team has settled, he has become more and more marginalised. In the past few games, he has become invisible. Shrugged off the ball easily and outpaced by the slowest of midfielders.

If he is a regular starter in our midfield when both anderson and scholes are fit, god help us.

we should go with nani, anderson, carrick, ronaldo against spurs. Spurs defence and midfield will be shit scared about the ability to pass and pace of those 4. Jenas will not know what hit him when anderson puts his one of many bone crunching tackles.
what a complete #@&%! you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Maybe but it took Scholes to realise tonight that trying to go straight through a packed defence constantly was idiotic. To be honest Fergie does love Scholes, wouldn't be surprised to see him go back to Scholes and Carrick in midfield.
scholes is still the best m/fder at the club and, probably, in the premiership. the sooner he gets back to full fitness the better.

just as our return to defensive solidity coincided with the return of carrick to full fitness, our ineffectiveness in attack will mysteriously fade away with the return of scholes to the team.

Withers

Quote:

First half against Arsenal he was the best player on the pitch.

Given the blokes frame I don't think he is made for the odd game here and there and needs a run of games to get into a rhythm and better match condition. Not saying he definately deserves it but I find it hard to see how we can make our mind up about him until he gets it.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

I think I'd pick Scoles at WHL, probbly with Fletcher and Carrick in a 3 and Tevez, Ronnie and Berbie up front.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Whalefish

Personally think Fletcher's been fairly toss the last couple of games he's started. Had a decent season though.

I don't think we need to contain Spurs midfield tbh - to the extent we probably would against Chelsea. Zakora and Jenas (or Huddlestone) with Modric playing behind Bent or the Russian lad? It's stopping Lennon we need to worry about. If he keeps getting in behind the full back (and it's likely to be O'Shea) then that's when we'll start to see problems. It'll be panic stations then.

I'm not expecting anything from WHL. I'm normally pretty confident there as both teams get the ball down, play, and Spurs aren't the sort to press our lads. However chuck in their recent form (9 wins in 12) and 'appy 'arry and I just can't see us getting anything. A draw at best, won't be the end of the world.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:12 AM
dunk

Quote:
First half against Arsenal he was the best player on the pitch.

Given the blokes frame I don't think he is made for the odd game here and there and needs a run of games to get into a rhythm and better match condition. Not saying he definately deserves it but I find it hard to see how we can make our mind up about him until he gets it.
Therein lies the problem as I see it. Needs to be in the team, but hasn't shown enough to deserve to be in there ahead of others, same as Nani, to an extent. We can't just pick him and wait for him to come good, it doesn't work like that at OT, as Berbatov SHOULD be about to find out.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:27 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'll be stunned if Anderson starts Saturday.

Which is a pity because I don't think we need to 'contain' Spurs midfield. It's not that good.
zakora is playing brilliant atm .. hes not scored for spurs yet and his 50/1 first or last for saturday

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:33 AM
marlo

Quote:
Therein lies the problem as I see it. Needs to be in the team, but hasn't shown enough to deserve to be in there ahead of others, same as Nani, to an extent. We can't just pick him and wait for him to come good, it doesn't work like that at OT, as Berbatov SHOULD be about to find out.
what has berbatov done to warrant a starting place?

and its hilarious you are putting anderson in the same category as nani but i wouldnt expect anything else tbh.

'anderson was only good in the 2nd half against aalborg'
pathetic. he had a good game and was our best midfielder. has got 3 assists in his last two games and can only beat whats infront of you.

and to say he is doing it against shit sides is abit wrong when you think of the fact the 'first team' has scraped past two of the worst two teams in the league by a single goal.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Anderson adds a lot more energy and can pass out to the wings very well. That is all.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:39 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
zakora is playing brilliant atm .. hes not scored for spurs yet and his 50/1 first or last for saturday
I don't bet but I'd keep your money. He'll probably score now.

I've not been that impressed with Spurs in the games I've seen since Harry took over although they've got the wins. They've looked lively out wide though and they don't need 3/4 chances to bag a goal unlike us.

Gomes will look world class on Saturday and we'll ensure their back four plays like Milan in their pomp.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:39 AM
prunier84

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
sorry, i know youre not foot locker but do you have this in a bigger size?
quality picture.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Anderson adds a lot more energy and can pass out to the wings very well. That is all.
One of the things I like about him, has the ability to raise the tempo. Not afraid to carry the ball forwards.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:42 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I don't bet but I'd keep your money. He'll probably score now.

I've not been that impressed with Spurs in the games I've seen since Harry took over although they've got the wins. They've looked lively out wide though and they don't need 3/4 chances to bag a goal unlike us.

Gomes will look world class on Saturday and we'll ensure their back four plays like Milan in their pomp.
tbf 10 wins in 12 is pretty impressive and they have dicked the scousers twice

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:46 AM
Whalefish

Oh aye it is, just not been that impressed with some of the overall performances. As I said they take their chances when presented - or have done in the games I've seen. I haven't seen Bent or the Russian lad have 4 good chances and only score one for example.

The back four will have to earn their money Saturday that's for sure.

Modric's back isn't he? Will be given a free role behind one of the strikers. A very dangerous and intelligent player.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:52 AM
marlo

Quote:

As for last night, Anderson was alright 1st half, better 2nd, 1st half was hampered by Giggs 2nd outshone by a half fit Scholes. Although, the pass to Rooney was a beauty. As i said, encouraging.
if you thought he was outshone by a half fit scholes id think during scholes last days for england you thought beckham was better than him.

Unread 11-12-2008, 10:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollowman
if you thought he was outshone by a half fit scholes id think during scholes last days for england you thought beckham was better than him.
No, Scholes was the best player England had by a mile until he retired.

If you thought Anderson was better than Scholes last night, then you are love struck to a worrying degree, and need to find yourself a black woman with cornrows, extension, a big arse and a pout, and soon!
Closed Thread