United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 06-11-2017, 12:52 AM
Shade

Herrera
Mata
Young
Smalling
Mkhitaryan
Jones
Lingard
Darmian

You just know that they'll all be at United next season. And probably beyond.

Unread 06-11-2017, 12:59 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
What position would Perisic improve us at? Not left wing or number 10, he has fewer goals and assists than Martial or Mkhitaryan despite starting every game for Inter and playing full games for most of them.

Perisic is just another excuse, it's always something else, the players are shit the boards tight and shit, so we didn't sign him, he's Ivan Perisic not £#%&!ing Neymar.
Comparing stats between players, from different clubs, playing in different leagues.... football doesn't always work like that pal.

To answer your question imo he'd improve our left side greatly. He'd offer another option and more importantly a different one. But because he's not hip and 12 years old or the new neymar he's labelled shit.

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:23 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
United need to sign the right players, whether they're 22 or 29 who gives a flying f***

We've also signed younger players over the last few seasons you f***ing nugget, point is because we're lacking in quality through out the squad those younger players are expected to be instant first team players. City have a squad full of quality established players to take the load off of the younger players when the inevitable inconsistent run of form happens

Would Perisic improve us? Yes
Is he better than what we've currently got in his position? Yes, by a distance

But because he's not 16 and classed as a 'wonder kid' on championship manager you say he's not good enough
Perisic is better than Martial?

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:25 AM
Buck

Quote:
Comparing stats between players, from different clubs, playing in different leagues.... football doesn't always work like that pal.

To answer your question imo he'd improve our left side greatly. He'd offer another option and more importantly a different one. But because he's not hip and 12 years old or the new neymar he's labelled shit.
Martial's been excellent mostly from the bench. He's probably better than Perisic but dropping 50m on Perisic would have blocked his path even more

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:26 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Perisic is better than Martial?
You'd play Perisic as a striker?

Bold move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Martial's been excellent mostly from the bench. He's probably better than Perisic but dropping 50m on Perisic would have blocked his path even more
Or use Martial in rotation with Rashford, Lukaku and when fit Ibra. Playing Perisic on the left of midfield in a 343.

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:28 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
You'd play Perisic as a striker?

Bold move.
Obviously it depends on system, but Martial playing as basically an inside forward on the left as he did in his debut season, versus Perisic playing as any kind of industrious left wing-back, wide midfielder or similarly attacking role, who would you invest in?

Especially given their ages. For me it's insane that a talent such as Martial isn't being trusted. Predictably so, unfortunately.

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:34 AM
AK14

Quote:
Obviously it depends on system, but Martial playing as basically an inside forward on the left as he did in his debut season, versus Perisic playing as any kind of industrious left wing-back, wide midfielder or similarly attacking role, who would you invest in?

Especially given their ages. For me it's insane that a talent such as Martial isn't being trusted. Predictably so, unfortunately.
I'd much prefer to see him up front tbh. yes he played well from the left in his first season but has been patchy since

There were plenty of rumours of Inter wanting Martial as part of the Perisic deal. Perhaps Mourinho had a place for them both in his plans?

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:37 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I'd much prefer to see him up front tbh. yes he played well from the left in his first season but has been patchy since

There were plenty of rumours of Inter wanting Martial as part of the Perisic deal. Perhaps Mourinho had a place for them both in his plans?
I think if you play him from the left you cannot overburden him defensively. He will never be a wide player in the fashion Mourinho likes. It tested his patience massively to try and get Hazard to work back and play a more rounded game, and he's more of a natural winger than Martial, plus they had Willian on the other side providing industry.

I'd agree Martial might be best suited to a striker, but on the left of a front three without defensive responsibility would suit him, Lukaku and Rashford right now. It's unlikely to happen as it would leave the flanks more vulnerable than Mou would tolerate.

Unread 06-11-2017, 01:54 AM
utd99

Quote:
I think if you play him from the left you cannot overburden him defensively. He will never be a wide player in the fashion Mourinho likes. It tested his patience massively to try and get Hazard to work back and play a more rounded game, and he's more of a natural winger than Martial, plus they had Willian on the other side providing industry.

I'd agree Martial might be best suited to a striker, but on the left of a front three without defensive responsibility would suit him, Lukaku and Rashford right now. It's unlikely to happen as it would leave the flanks more vulnerable than Mou would tolerate.
I’m curious to know why you think Martial never makes runs independent of the ball. Why is he so static and needs it to feet all the time?

Unread 06-11-2017, 02:19 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’m curious to know why you think Martial never makes runs independent of the ball. Why is he so static and needs it to feet all the time?
He's lazy. Reminds me of the old school Brazilians, like Romario, before they become so industrious. Only comes alive on the ball.

Having said that, he was alive last weekend.

Unread 06-11-2017, 03:29 AM
utd99

Quote:
He's lazy. Reminds me of the old school Brazilians, like Romario, before they become so industrious. Only comes alive on the ball.

Having said that, he was alive last weekend.
I remember when the story of Martial being lazy at Monaco first surfaced Grimmers suggested it was probably racial stereotyping.

Ok then, why do you think we never break quickly once we’ve regained possession? Surely it can’t be three managers in a row that don’t believe in it.

Unread 06-11-2017, 03:46 AM
Macca1990

So £#%&!ing sick of going into these games now KNOWING exactly what will happen its so predictable its genuinely boring.

To much is made of "the united way" but jesus christ we don't even have a go same old same old, people going to blame Lukaku and Mkhitarayan what are they supposed to do with 9 players behind them? Mourinhos asking to much.

I'd literally rather be slapped 4-0 and we play more than one striker with ten men behind the ball because at least then you know we've had a go, super depressing shite football.

Unread 06-11-2017, 04:06 AM
Denis Irwell

Mikki was just non-existent. Not even showing for the ball. You have to make yourself available for the ball before anyone can give it to you.

On the face of it, no major disgrace going down there but this was the poorest Chavs team I’ve seen in a while and although we started meaningfully enough, we just let them back into the game and simply looked like we weren’t arsed.

Unread 06-11-2017, 04:18 AM
Stickman

We just dont have a clue what to do when pressed other than pass the ball back, Valencia (and I like him generally) is infuriating too, receives the ball on the wing one on one with the wing/full back and it doesn't matter whether there's 40 yards behind his opponent to the byline, he just doesnt instinctively look to beat him which is baffling given his physical attributes.

We all knew how yesterday would play out, moderate at best intent to score* and if we go behind - £#%&!ed. Away from home Mkhitaryan should be dropped for another forward given the little use he is to the midfield, he was as invisible as he was at Anfield. Lukaku needs to do a hell of a lot more when hes not scoring too. Id actually bench him if he doesnt waken up against Newcastle.

*Im Pro Mourinho but admit thats pissing me off massively in away games against the so called top sides. He needs a new trick because clearly, it isnt working.

Unread 06-11-2017, 04:59 AM
shenwen

Not the worst of out problems, but Lukaka so static in last few games. And where is his strength? Frustrating. Compare with Salah and Morata, both of whom just work a whole lot harder than Lukaku. But then the players around Lukaku also lacking any effective movement. A system problem or a player problem?

Starting to look like the kind of player who will get only one or two chances a game. If so, he needs a better finishing ratio.

Unread 06-11-2017, 07:44 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
And you're just on the other side of the same shitty coin you tiresome c***.
thanks for your comment ..marked under £#%&!ing no mark @#%&!

still going strong .. cant work out whos to blame for the 2nd loss of the season

1 rashford
2 felly
3 lvg
4 moyes
5 training
6 jose
7 the current champions
8 citys spend
9 de bruyne mane salah
10 the defenc e
11 any of the above

Unread 06-11-2017, 08:45 AM
Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
thanks for your comment
No problem.

You carry on wetting the bed every time Sparky clicks the post button.

Unread 06-11-2017, 09:00 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
No problem.

You carry on wetting the bed every time Sparky clicks the post button.
can only read his comments by the constant of people quoting him avoiding him by mute button is proving pointless a bit like yourself

Unread 06-11-2017, 09:03 AM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
So f***ing sick of going into these games now KNOWING exactly what will happen its so predictable its genuinely boring.

To much is made of "the united way" but jesus christ we don't even have a go same old same old, people going to blame Lukaku and Mkhitarayan what are they supposed to do with 9 players behind them? Mourinhos asking to much.

I'd literally rather be slapped 4-0 and we play more than one striker with ten men behind the ball because at least then you know we've had a go, super depressing shite football.
We played 2 up top and pressed high. Yesterday wasnt due to being defensive it was just down to not being good enough

Unread 06-11-2017, 09:26 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Ok then, why do you think we never break quickly once we’ve regained possession? Surely it can’t be three managers in a row that don’t believe in it.
Obviously under LvG there was more emphasis on winning the ball high and playing in the opposition half; we usually pinned teams back but struggled to find space between the lines or open them up. When the chance to break came it was often wasted, although it was a slower side, with Rooney and Mata. LvG promoted and clung to Lingard to try and get more in behind, but overall he didn't buy well enough to give us dynamism in attack tbh.

Mourinho's sides are usually far more transition-based so it's a surprise how bad we look on the break atm. He will be instructing them to go direct and quickly when we win it in our half, but it's so aimless. We win the ball and just kick it into the opposition half. I wonder what Lukaku thinks; right now he's probably getting poorer service than he did at Everton.