Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
hence only getting £4m for him. nft.
I'd agree with that analysis Alan.

Unread 15-05-2008, 11:58 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
What kind of a message does this send to our youth team though? We lost Rossi last year, Pique this year whilst keeping arguably less talented people around. What's wrong with people who live and breathe United, have grown up with the club and are settled in the area? It's crazy man.
I concur.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:01 PM
Tiberian

Especially with the advent of 7 subs the likes of Pique and Rossi would have had many more opportunities.

7 subs should have been brought in long ago, bringing England in line with the other top leagues, gives managers the chance to include young talent.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Would be sad to see Pique go, bar acceleration he has everything a top center half needs, with the added bonus of excellent ability on the ball. For me he is a superior player to Evans and performed well when Vidic was out.

Can also right back and defensive midfield, O'Shea should go before Pique.
Agree with the first bit entirely. O'Shea will not be leaving so there is no point discussing it imo.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Can't see us getting a centereback better than Pique in as backup to Vidic and Rio personally.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:36 PM
Betty's Hotpot

This is what I have just been told by a (fairly) reliable source. Losing Queiroz will be as big a blow as losing someone like Evra in my opinion, I'll be devastated. As for Darren Ferguson, i'm sure Rio will be pleased

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty's Hotpot
This is what I have just been told by a (fairly) reliable source. Losing Queiroz will be as big a blow as losing someone like Evra in my opinion, I'll be devastated. As for Darren Ferguson, i'm sure Rio will be pleased
not a chance in hell

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:38 PM
toseeunited

i think carlos knows his limits... ok it was madrid, but i'm pretty sure he won't leave the club again (not while saf is still here)

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Ether

While we can't do much if Queiroz wanted to leave, there's absolutely no chance of Darren coming to work under his old man.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:39 PM
Sparky***

oh shit. I don't know what worries me more, carlos leaving or the prospect of fergie jr being assistant. Especially as ronaldo, nani and anderson obviously view carlos as a sort of father figure.

Maybe we can get frank rijkaard in as fergie's number 2.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Arsenal and the royals to switch managers?

http://awooga.org/images/icfrt610snxmw5e1dv9q.jpg

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Whalefish

More chance of Paul Ince coming in than Darren.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Betty's Hotpot

I tend to agree with you regarding Darren but he has done a great job at Posh and we know how much Fergie likes to keep it in the family. Hope it doesn't happen, Carlos is a great coach.

Unread 15-05-2008, 12:52 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betty's Hotpot
well we've got the WUM part of the thread going.

Unread 15-05-2008, 01:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
What kind of a message does this send to our youth team though? We lost Rossi last year, Pique this year whilst keeping arguably less talented people around. What's wrong with people who live and breathe United, have grown up with the club and are settled in the area? It's crazy man.
Totally agree with that.

Unread 15-05-2008, 04:35 PM
magic_cantona

Pique has 'agreed personal terms with Barca' apparently.

Is this 'Titanic' smiliey worthy, or is it news to every @#%&!?

Unread 15-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Firswood Red

Pique to Athletico Madrid

Unread 15-05-2008, 07:21 PM
dunk

I have been presented with the list of Transfers for this summer, 4 of them, with alternatives in places.....

To begin with I give you Karim Benzema....

Should that deal fail to come to fruition, we will be signing...

Which I'm not all that happy about, although I suppose he will do...

Number 2, you will have already heard about....

Number 3 is the full back we all crave...

Will cost a few quid, but will complete a truly stunning defence...

And lastly Bruno Perninha from Sporting, quality 19 year old midfielder we have apparently been watching for years. (I couldn't find a picture, apologies)

So there you have it, no more rumours or guess work required.

This years Acronym for our targets will be BRAP.

(Shit I know, but I'm bored)

Unread 15-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
Finally somewhere for Antonin to post daily links to the Sun sport website

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Wouldn't make much sense to sell them both imo. Don't want O' Shea anywhere near centreback.personally i'd keep em both and £#%&! O Shea and Silvestre off.

Silvestre is fantastic cover, especially at left back.

Unread 15-05-2008, 09:02 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick

Silvestre is fantastic cover, especially at left back.
You don't half over-egg things.
Closed Thread