United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-07-2007, 10:18 AM
24hr Leavesey

Default Assuming we get Tevez, is it fair to say the transfer madness is over for this summer ?

I £#%&!ing hope so, it's so serene on here compared to the madness of RI last summer - on certain days it was so £#%&!ing hostile, probably due to frustration on the transfer front.

Anyway, what's your views ?

Unread 10-07-2007, 10:29 AM
believe

just wait till 24th July this forum will be in meltdown

Unread 10-07-2007, 10:36 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Schyeah.

Ha, I've just spoke to one of our clients on the phone.

His name ? D Legendary Iceman Jay. Changed by deed poll. What a #@&%!.

Unread 10-07-2007, 10:37 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Schyeah.

Ha, I've just spoke to one of our clients on the phone.

His name ? D Legendary Iceman Jay. Changed by deed poll. What a #@&%!.
sounds like someone who might post on here

Unread 10-07-2007, 10:40 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
i'm positively peaking at the thought

Unread 10-07-2007, 10:42 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
I £#%&!ing hope so, it's so serene on here compared to the madness of RI last summer - on certain days it was so £#%&!ing hostile, probably due to frustration on the transfer front.

Anyway, what's your views ?
One more before start and Beckham on loan for short period if we have injuries later on.

Unread 10-07-2007, 10:45 AM
24hr Leavesey

Seriously though, it's lovely. I'm not trawling for transfer info at all this summer, and as an added bonus, If we do sign someone else, it'll be a surprise like I haven't had since that January evening when I found out we signed Cole.

toseeunited

in terms of ins yeah we're done after the tevez deal, although SAF hasn't said that that is it, but he's making noises that once tevez is in he will be happy with his squad.

following yesterdays comments it's back to concentrating on europe again, but i think for the first time since 99 we have a squad capable of attacking on all 4 fronts so it shouldn't be too much of a distraction...

koppas

We need a new left back too.

Expect Lahm.

Unread 10-07-2007, 10:47 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
We need a new left back too.

Expect Lahm.

Wouldn't mind a right back actually. Still surprised there was no interest in Drenthe after that tournement.

Unread 10-07-2007, 10:51 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Wouldn't mind a right back actually. Still surprised there was no interest in Drenthe after that tournement.
yeah... i expect there to be a similar situation again with gaz this season - in terms of time out with injuries etc...

wes and jos will be used as cover though in that respect so i don't expect us to sign a right back for a good couple of years...

Unread 10-07-2007, 10:51 AM
rebelcountyred

don't think we will see anymore incoming transfers and we don't need them with the four (fingers crossed) signings, can see a couple of outward bound players but hopefully heinze might decide to stay now that tevez is joining. Also looking forward to seeing some of our loanees returning, jonny evans in particular, that boy is going to be a star.

Unread 10-07-2007, 10:54 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
jonny evans in particular, that boy is going to be a star.
will he get enough chances though really...?

Unread 10-07-2007, 10:55 AM
koppas

Simpson.

Unread 10-07-2007, 11:07 AM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
i don't expect us to sign a right back for a good couple of years...

I hope your wrong on that one, Nevs recovery time is poor, Brown can't cut it in Europe, and I'd rather have Fletch covering than O'Shea. I'd say it's our weakest position tbh.

Unread 10-07-2007, 11:10 AM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

I look forward to being on hols in a coupla weeks and not feeling the need to trawl day old newspapers for transfer gossip.

Unread 10-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Stickman

It is a nice feeling compared to previous summers...

Once the Tevez deals is sealed we can just sit back, put our feet up and light the cigars until the season starts.

Unread 10-07-2007, 11:16 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
and light the cigars until the season starts.
ban him!

Unread 10-07-2007, 11:21 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
I hope your wrong on that one, Nevs recovery time is poor, Brown can't cut it in Europe, and I'd rather have Fletch covering than O'Shea. I'd say it's our weakest position tbh.
don't agree re fletcher as i think jos did well for us this season when he was called upon - and he bagged a couple of important goals as well don't forget

good as a stand-in player anyway.

Unread 10-07-2007, 11:22 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I look forward to being on hols in a coupla weeks and not feeling the need to trawl day old newspapers for transfer gossip.
I remember 2003 I went to Kavos with my ex, this was when we were signing Ronaldhino. Everyday I was calling home asking if the deal was done as it looked nailed on - the @#%&!.
Closed Thread