United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2013, 12:58 AM
Blagger

Default Today's Papers: Rooney

A lot of reputable journalists are reporting a soured relationship between Ferguson and Rooney. Ferguson being the one who's lost his patience. Anyone heard anything about it? Or is it just shite?

Unread 07-03-2013, 01:09 AM
ScarFace

The sun says 25mil.

we'll get 30mil min

Unread 07-03-2013, 01:18 AM
sullerz

That's very sad.

If anything planning laws need to be liberalised.

Serious note - I think he's off.

Unread 07-03-2013, 01:24 AM
Cream

Wages would have to be an issue (for us and his buyers) at a poxy 20 mill.

Fergie has spoken a few times about Wayne's curious fitness levels, apparently he needs to play a LOT. Even said before the Real match that he 'needs games', despite him being dropped for tactical reasons.

I'm sure this is all paper talk but he was very fat and sluggish for a fair few games at the start of the season, the manager is concerned about his sharpness at this stage of the season: can we afford a 200k a week player that's on top form for one third of the season?

Unread 07-03-2013, 02:09 AM
Stickman

I would say hes off. He left him out for Welbeck at the end of the day.

We didnt really miss him on the night, but it was a big big call nevertheless to leave out a former 'first name on the teamsheet' for someone with 2 goals this season.

If hes out we need a top top player coming in.

And yes I think he will go to Paris. I cant see him at City, Chelsea or Barca.

Maybe, maybe Real.

35M it will be. And we'll miss his goals at Eastlands ffs, you just expect him to score there.

The thing with Rooney is everybody takes his assists for granted when he doesnt appear to be lighting the pitch up, he's involed in an absolutely huge chunk of our goals.

Unread 07-03-2013, 02:12 AM
tatty

He hasn't consistently produced for 3 or 4 years imo and if he was playing for another club and came on the market I don't think we'd be clamouring for Ferguson to sign him.

That said, if the cash disappears down the Glazer sinkhole or we end up with a cut-price nonentity then we may as well keep him.

Unread 07-03-2013, 02:36 AM
Stickman

It's like what Jem says, he's worth more to United than his market value.

Being behind the sale of Rooney gets a huge be careful what you wish for shout from me.

The only way is be saying yes definitely to it is if it was to feed the pipe dream, Ronaldo, but that's all it is, a pipe dream.

Unread 07-03-2013, 02:39 AM
rafabio

How many top seasons does rooney have in him? Max 2-3 looking at his fitness. Its going to get worse.

Glazers, please cash in on him. thx. love xxx

Unread 07-03-2013, 03:25 AM
Blagger

Thumbs down

I'd be gutted to see him go, tbh. I trust Fergie's judgment with respect to these cases though.

Unread 07-03-2013, 03:36 AM
Part 36 Offer

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
I'd be gutted to see him go, tbh. I trust Fergie's judgment with respect to these cases though.
judgement

Unread 07-03-2013, 04:42 AM
believe

they've spelt 50 million wrong.

Unread 07-03-2013, 05:55 AM
Marlon Van Baron

I gotta trust Fergie's judgement on this one if it is true. He sees the players day in and day out, other than Stam he doesn't get many decisions like this wrong.

Personally I won't slag the guy as he has been a superb player during his time at United. However I do think his best days are behind him, his general fitness has been a concern on many occasion over the years. But in the last 12/18 months his weight has appeared to me to be a serious problem. I saw footage of him the other day during a pre season game against Hannover and he looked a fat mess.

If Wazza is not happy and Fergie is ready to cash in then I say sell him. But not at the ridiculous price of £20/£25m. He has to be worth at least £35m, United should start mugging off some of these cash rich clubs in the same way clubs do to United.

Unread 07-03-2013, 05:57 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
I gotta trust Fergie's judgement on this one if it is true. He sees the players day in and day out, other than Stam he doesn't get many decisions like this wrong.

Personally I won't slag the guy as he has been a superb player during his time at United. However I do think his best days are behind him, his general fitness has been a concern on many occasion over the years. But in the last 12/18 months his weight has appeared to me to be a serious problem. I saw footage of him the other day during a pre season game against Hannover and he looked a fat mess.

If Wazza is not happy and Fergie is ready to cash in then I say sell him. But not at the ridiculous price of £20/£25m. He has to be worth at least £35m, United should start mugging off some of these cash rich clubs in the same way clubs do to United.
not sure that was wrong either...

Unread 07-03-2013, 07:10 AM
Mr Castro

Those stories are very reputable and honest, totally true.

Like I said, for all that is written, I'd like to see one journo ask him on Friday about it.

Unread 07-03-2013, 07:14 AM
Shooter McGavin

I believe we would sell but only for the right price. This is to start bidding, £20m FFS

Unread 07-03-2013, 07:17 AM
Pop

As long as a decent replacement is lined up and he's not off to City I couldn't give a £#%&! about the scouse @#%&!.

Unread 07-03-2013, 07:18 AM
believe

Our most important player by a long shot and will be difficult to replace for what we'll get. Should make a lot of United fans happy though so silver linings and all that.

Unread 07-03-2013, 07:20 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Our most important player by a long shot and will be difficult to replace for what we'll get. Should make a lot of United fans happy though so silver linings and all that.
This,

The £#%&!ing people on here gleefully skipping into work today, every cloud....

Hope it's bullshit, still one of our most important players.

A match winner.

Unread 07-03-2013, 07:28 AM
My Name is Keith

Big ramoners, if you're out there, just get in touch, please.

Has been an inspirational player for united but his effectiveness is definitely on the Wayne.

If he goes then we have to replace him with someone better and therein lies a big problem.

Unread 07-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Knockers

He'd go to city or he'd go nowhere. The thought of him scoring for them against us and all the 99p-hair-gel wearing pederasts who follow them screaming and going mad makes me feel physically sick. Keep him and I dunno, just make him play a bit better.
Closed Thread