Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-09-2023, 12:50 AM
Sparky***

Default Official. New shirt sponsor.

Unread 13-09-2023, 12:54 AM
armchair

Quote:
Qualcomm is a predominantly fabless provider of semiconductor products for wireless communications and data transfer in portable devices.[246] According to the analyst firm Strategy Analytics, Qualcomm has a 39 percent market-share for smartphone application processors and a 50 percent market-share of baseband processors.[247] Its share of the market for application processors on tablets is 18 percent.[248] According to analyst firm ABI Research, Qualcomm has a 65 percent market-share in LTE baseband.[249] Qualcomm also provides licenses to use its patents, many of which are critical to the CDMA2000, TD-SCDMA and WCDMA wireless standards.[250] The company is estimated to earn $20 for every smartphone sold.[251]: 64 

Unread 13-09-2023, 02:31 AM
Stickman

Reign crumble rating - Mild

Unread 13-09-2023, 06:33 AM
windy waffles

No mention of figures? Assuming it's not a new record breaking sponsorship like we used to get...

Unread 13-09-2023, 07:00 AM
Dr Stranger

We’re not selling the club, are we?

Unread 13-09-2023, 07:05 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
No mention of figures? Assuming it's not a new record breaking sponsorship like we used to get...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We’re not selling the club, are we?
See what they're doing to us?

Unread 13-09-2023, 07:19 AM
Lok

Just when we thought we had shit useless owners, they go and pull this out the bag. Scenes.

Quote:
It must be higher than Team Viewer. We told them that we're going to hold them to the agreement until we can find someone to pay more.

Unread 13-09-2023, 07:19 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Athletic reporting it as £60 million per year. TeamViewer was reportedly £47.5 million per year.

Would put is around the Real Madrid mark and the most valuable in the Premier League, with no state backed back-channel deals required.

We're shit, but at the end of the day we're still plastered all over papers and social media constantly. Shirt sponsors are all about exposure, and that's a guarantee when your company name is on our shirt.

Unread 13-09-2023, 07:26 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Athletic reporting it as £60 million per year. TeamViewer was reportedly £47.5 million per year.

Would put is around the Real Madrid mark and the most valuable in the Premier League, with no state backed back-channel deals required.

We're shit, but at the end of the day we're still plastered all over papers and social media constantly. Shirt sponsors are all about exposure, and that's a guarantee when your company name is on our shirt.
Thanks for that, Steven Bartlett.

Unread 13-09-2023, 08:25 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b

Not been the best exposure recently though...

Unread 13-09-2023, 08:39 AM
dunk

What an odd company to commit so much money to sponsorship. It doesn’t sound like the kind of thing that needs exposure, given nobody has ever heard of them and they appear to be doing pretty well. So were Aon, AIG, Chevrolet and TeamViewer though I suppose.

At least it’s not a fake airline deal or a betting company.

Unread 13-09-2023, 08:55 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What an odd company to commit so much money to sponsorship. It doesn’t sound like the kind of thing that needs exposure, given nobody has ever heard of them and they appear to be doing pretty well. So were Aon, AIG, Chevrolet and TeamViewer though I suppose.

I've heard of them...

They make chips for phones. Samsung use them.

Unread 13-09-2023, 09:49 AM
DublinRedDevil

It's a weird fit, a phone chip company and a football team. I mean, having a successful team promote a lifestyle or corporate brand is one thing, but your average United fan isn't going to care less what chip is in their phone, much less make a choice of what device to buy based on the brand of chip in it.
Anyway, hopefully this crowd make enough turnover to pay us this time.

Unread 13-09-2023, 09:57 AM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I was thinking this, I mean if Coca-Cola sponsored us or something similar then I get the idea. We're plastered all over the press/tv, you see it and think, ooh yeah, would love a coke right now, but even if I didn't know who Qualcomm or Snapdragon are, I'm not gonna Google them and then think about upgrading my phone to make sure I have the latest chip from them. They also seem to be doing pretty well without sponsorship as they are worth around $44bn.

Unread 13-09-2023, 09:59 AM
Offerington

65m a year aye. Huge deal. As has been said, we are utter shite but can still command the big bucks.

Unread 13-09-2023, 10:00 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
I was thinking this, I mean if Coca-Cola sponsored us or something similar then I get the idea. We're plastered all over the press/tv, you see it and think, ooh yeah, would love a coke right now, but even if I didn't know who Qualcomm or Snapdragon are, I'm not gonna Google them and then think about upgrading my phone to make sure I have the latest chip from them. They also seem to be doing pretty well without sponsorship as they are worth around $44bn.
It's about exposure isn't it? You hadn't heard of them but you have now. That's the £#%&!ing point

Unread 13-09-2023, 10:56 AM
believe

Can honestly say that not once in my life have I seen a coke advert and thought “ooh I fancy a coke”

Unread 13-09-2023, 11:03 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
It's about exposure isn't it? You hadn't heard of them but you have now. That's the £#%&!ing point
Yes, awareness is the metric. They have obviously decided they need people to know who they are, quickly at scale and voila.

More bothered that this is a strong indication they’re staying. Would imagine a big draw for Ineos and Qatar was plastering their name on us. This screws that right over.

Unread 13-09-2023, 11:37 AM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Can honestly say that not once in my life have I seen a coke advert and thought “ooh I fancy a coke”
What about a phone-chip, though?

Unread 13-09-2023, 11:41 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
No, but you will at some point gone and bought Coke because it is the biggest seller, most advertised soft drink on the planet, rather than because it is the nicest of most thirst quenching.
Closed Thread