United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-07-2018, 05:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's not a false narrative, it's a fact.
Don't you often complain that we didn't spend the Ronaldo money? So your narrative back then was about net spending, now it isn't? Tibs is completely correct. We broke the world transfer record for Pogba a month after Mou arrived. We beat City to Sanchez by giving him a fortune. We have spent £75m on two CBs who don't play. We brought in a £75m striker. We signed and discarded Mkhytaryan.

Nobody is buying the poor little United routine. We may be incompetent, but we're hardly scraping by.

Unread 23-07-2018, 05:42 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
then he should be remembered as a quitter.
No way, he's leaving not just to save himself but to also ring the alarm at the club. So that fans can wake up and smell the coffee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Can’t be right, I distinctly remember Saffers assuring us this was an absolute game changer
Why mention the experienced players they got in bargains but not the young players and mid 20s players who became stars at juve?

Basically 6 months in the job and he's leaving us for russia? Somethings gone on there and it should concern you.

Unread 23-07-2018, 05:44 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Are you tempted to send in a CV ?
Could start by paying his subs

Unread 23-07-2018, 05:45 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Even saffers is sick of the @#%&!.
My number one priority is give mou what he wants and needs to win for United.

No title would be sweeter this season than mou lifting it.

Make no mistake if he leaves before he is ready to leave we will be in a world of trouble. No more cl football for one.

Unread 23-07-2018, 05:45 PM
puressence

Fact 95 percent contributing bullshit to this thread wouldn’t recognise ribalto if he walked past them. Complete non entity of a man

Unread 23-07-2018, 05:47 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Mou would be whining for more if he had City's budget.
Like Pep has been.

Unread 23-07-2018, 05:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
No way, he's leaving not just to save himself but to also ring the alarm at the club. So that fans can wake up and smell the coffee.

Why mention the experienced players they got in bargains but not the young players and mid 20s players who became stars at juve?

Basically 6 months in the job and he's leaving us for russia? Somethings gone on there and it should concern you.
Like who? Dybala? Cuadrado? Guys who had strong reps in Serie A? Juve don't tend to develop young players. Talents like Rugani get wasted; Coman left for Bayern. It's not what they're about; hence them just spending £300m on Ronaldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Fact 95 percent contributing bullshit to this thread wouldn’t recognise ribalto if he walked past them. Complete non entity of a man

Unread 23-07-2018, 05:53 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
You need 3 centre backs to play 5 at the back though pal.

if he could he would play them all at the same time

Unread 23-07-2018, 05:57 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Don't you often complain that we didn't spend the Ronaldo money? So your narrative back then was about net spending, now it isn't? Tibs is completely correct. We broke the world transfer record for Pogba a month after Mou arrived. We beat City to Sanchez by giving him a fortune. We have spent £75m on two CBs who don't play. We brought in a £75m striker. We signed and discarded Mkhytaryan.

Nobody is buying the poor little United routine. We may be incompetent, but we're hardly scraping by.
It's hard to imagine Mourinho asked for either Sanchez or Pogba. They've got Woodward's greasy fingermarks all over them.

But the point is true, we're not scraping buy. The biggest problem is our incompetency in negotiating and Woody doing his own thing. None of those are going to change any time soon.

Something has obviously gone on with Ribalta. I doubt we'll find out what.

Finally: pay your subs you pauper.

Unread 23-07-2018, 06:00 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Attack is a mess because what was inheritated was a mess which will take a long time to recover from.

We really doing the net spend thing?

Everton outspending United two summers in a row....
What “thing”? Does money coming in just wink out of existence then?

And do you really want to be spending 50 million quid on Sigurdssen because that’s the joke club premium these days?

Unread 23-07-2018, 06:14 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It's hard to imagine Mourinho asked for either Sanchez or Pogba. They've got Woodward's greasy fingermarks all over them.

But the point is true, we're not scraping buy. The biggest problem is our incompetency in negotiating and Woody doing his own thing. None of those are going to change any time soon.

There's no way El Partridge didn't have final say on Sanchez and Pogba, £#%&!ing hell Woody asked Moyes if he fancied Thiago Alcantara or not.

Unread 23-07-2018, 06:22 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Even saffers is sick of the @#%&!.
We're all sick of things as they are currently tbh. Including our (for the time being) manager it would appear.

Unread 23-07-2018, 06:29 PM
ScarFace

Last season the story was Jose chose the option to have a budget of £150mil that he can spend on who he wants, without question. Meaning Woodward doesn't need to ask the yank @#%&!s permission for x amount fo x player.

That all seems to be utter bullshit then because if Jose wanted Sandro, then paying the £50mil wouldn't be an issue. But Woody is clearly haggling Juve down.

The window closes 2 weeks on Friday. We're £#%&!ed. We'll sign the new Jones from Leicester and that will probably be it.

Either way, next season we'll play awful football, finish top 4 and hopefully have a new manager the following season.

Unread 23-07-2018, 06:38 PM
sa7

Oh god please no!!!

Btw, before I get angry, can someone explain what this @#%&! has actually done while on the payroll?

Unread 23-07-2018, 06:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

You make some good points.

Still doesn't change the fact that the poor players we have aren't going to get any better and we need better ones.

Unread 23-07-2018, 06:44 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Oh god please no!!!

Btw, before I get angry, can someone explain what this @#%&! has actually done while on the payroll?

Unread 23-07-2018, 07:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Why?

Unread 23-07-2018, 07:06 PM
Lok

Quote:
Why?
Think of every single anti-Mourinho argument you've made over the last two years. Then tell me you think Mourinho signed Pogba.

Unread 23-07-2018, 07:09 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Why?
They thought they were getting a Michael Corleone, but ended up with Fredo.

Unread 23-07-2018, 07:23 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Think of every single anti-Mourinho argument you've made over the last two years. Then tell me you think Mourinho signed Pogba.
While Mourinho feels the "unbelievable" Pogba "has everything", he has stressed it may take time before the 23-year-old France international is fully firing in the United side and has vowed to "protect" him if needed.

"He's a very young player, an unbelievable midfield player with such physicality but, at the same time, such agility, co-ordination, skill. He has everything," the Portuguese said.

Asked if the player seemed happy to be back in Manchester, Mourinho replied: "I can feel that when I speak with him for the first time. I'm feeling now when I see him at the training ground with people he knows since he was a kid. He doesn't look like a star.

"He looks like a kid who is back to his old school and is finding people that he cares about and people that love him a lot.

"So I believe that, after a couple of days, he will feel like he never left the club. So I think at adaptation level, he's not a new player - he's just a kid back home again."

Closed Thread