United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-07-2018, 10:28 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Fans who are used to the best pay their money to be entertained and to win, not wait for three years for something to be built.
I don't think this is true. I think fans would be patient if they could see something being built.

buying the likes of sanchez and willian is not £#%&!ing building anything. playing tuanzers, tfm, martial and rashford would be building something.

Unread 22-07-2018, 11:25 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I don't think this is true. I think fans would be patient if they could see something being built.

buying the likes of sanchez and willian is not f***ing building anything. playing tuanzers, tfm, martial and rashford would be building something.
Well you know what I'm gonna say to that LvG was doing that and we were near the top of the league when the fans kicked off. Tbf Poch I think would get more trust and a little less ignorance about what he was trying to do. If Poch had United near the top of the table and the football was shite, people would focus on the fact that there's a lot more to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I don't think the football would come quickly. I think the process of getting rid of the deadwood has been that slow that even a manager like Poch would come in and need a few windows to sort out the dross and add his own type of player(s) to the squad. It'll no doubt afford those players who supporters know aren't good enough another stay of execution and that'll hamper what a new manager wants to do.
It could take a while, and you need a bit of luck too. I always think that managers benefit from being in the right place at the right time, choosing the right club for you etc. Poch would need to get it right with a few signings, given he'd probably want to clear loads. But then he's reliant on the club handling that side and we know how that usually turns out.

Unread 23-07-2018, 04:52 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Well if we’re going to fall short id say it would make more sense to fall short with players who will benefit from the experience and will be ready to challenge in a year or two versus 29 year olds who will have checked out by then.
If we had more players who can deliver now, we wouldn’t fall short. As bad as we’ve looked at times, we’re not that far off.

Unread 23-07-2018, 04:38 PM
red in cumbria

What's this "not worth £3" stuff

Unread 23-07-2018, 04:58 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
What's this "not worth £3" stuff
Forum snides pal

Unread 23-07-2018, 05:02 PM
red in cumbria

Yeah, realised now. Could be quite effective actually