United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-07-2018, 01:00 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky***
what the f*** are you doing in london you simple c*** - busking?
he tried renting a transit

Unread 23-07-2018, 01:03 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
he tried renting a transit

Unread 23-07-2018, 01:04 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Unread 25-07-2018, 11:54 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
As I've said in another thread...Jose will be gone soon and we can get one of those magical unicorn managers who wins titles playing expansive football with Young and Valencia as full backs.
After Castles podcast today I think whoever comes in after Jose chucks Ed and a few others under a bus the football side of things will just deteriorate further. I personally don't think the overall squad is good re quality and I can't be arsed discussing Martial. We go on about how shit/dull/whatever he is (Jose) but if Castles is right he has identified the same areas that need strengthening that we on here have been calling for. We may not like some of his targets (Willian for example) but I think by and large they'd improve the first team and squad. Sadly Ed et al have lied and sold him short (Perisic for starters last Summer, several bids Jose yes yes ). I don't see any of that changing whoever is in charge. They're @#%&!s.

The LB business is £#%&!ing ridiculous btw, a converted winger who does an ok job and fat bloke Shaw who may or may not fancy it, depends on his mood/whether his mates are staying with him/pizza tendencies. Yet despite the glaring problem in a key position it's ignored.

Unread 25-07-2018, 11:57 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
After Castles podcast today I think whoever comes in after Jose chucks Ed and a few others under a bus the football side of things will just deteriorate further. I personally don't think the overall squad is good re quality and I can't be arsed discussing Martial. We go on about how shit/dull/whatever he is (Jose) but if Castles is right he has identified the same areas that need strengthening that we on here have been calling for. We may not like some of his targets (Willian for example) but I think by and large they'd improve the first team and squad. Sadly Ed et al have lied and sold him short (Perisic for starters last Summer, several bids Jose yes yes ). I don't see any of that changing whoever is in charge. They're @#%&!s.

The LB business is £#%&!ing ridiculous btw, a converted winger who does an ok job and fat bloke Shaw who may or may not fancy it, depends on his mood/whether his mates are staying with him/pizza tendencies. Yet despite the glaring problem in a key position it's ignored.
Aside from the goalkeeper not one of our defenders would get in any other top side in europe.

if people think the manager should be getting better football out of this team then fair enough, but please don't expect to be winning any big prizes with that lot there. It's just not going to happen.

Unread 26-07-2018, 12:06 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Aside from the goalkeeper not one of our defenders would get in any other top side in europe.

if people think the manager should be getting better football out of this team then fair enough, but please don't expect to be winning any big prizes with that lot there. It's just not going to happen.
Yep agree with that. Look at Fergie's defences of old, in fact look at Jose's too. You think either would be happy with the current lot?

Moving forwards if age profile is a biggie the club also has to look at the wage structure because shifting players on is a real ballache. Unless that's another Ed tactic, sorry Jose we just couldn't quite get there with Darmian so here's that FB you wanted. I'd suggest they forget about this biggest club in the world balls too, because they really won't be for much longer given the state of the football.

Unread 26-07-2018, 12:10 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yep agree with that. Look at Fergie's defences of old, in fact look at Jose's too. You think either would be happy with the current lot?

Moving forwards if age profile is a biggie the club also has to look at the wage structure because shifting players on is a real ballache. Unless that's another Ed tactic, sorry Jose we just couldn't quite get there with Darmian so here's that FB you wanted. I'd suggest they forget about this biggest club in the world balls too, because they really won't be for much longer given the state of the football.
How United have the front to bang on about being the biggest club in the world when there's a club over in spain with 13 European cups and 30 odd league titles and a 100,000 seater stadium that regularly signs the world's best players...

Unread 26-07-2018, 12:13 AM
Whip Hubley

Exclamation

Quote:
How United have the front to bang on about being the biggest club in the world when there's a club over in spain with 13 European cups and 30 odd league titles and a 100,000 seater stadium that regularly signs the world's best players...

Talk about net instagram followers

Unread 26-07-2018, 12:57 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Maybe not in todays game, but Utd won a treble with a back 5 of a declining Schmeichel, pre-prime Gary Neville, Stam, rotating Johnsen and Berg, an old Irwin and Phil Neville rotating at LB. Only 1 of those defenders was close to world class at that stage of their career.

Bruce and Pallister earned 22 international caps between them, how would they be perceived by todays fans? How many games did Silvestre play for Utd, or Heinze, or O'Shea? The 2008 defense is one of the best in the last 30 years, not easy to find that level, and outside of Rio they did it on the cheap.

Unread 26-07-2018, 07:17 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Maybe not in todays game, but Utd won a treble with a back 5 of a declining Schmeichel, pre-prime Gary Neville, Stam, rotating Johnsen and Berg, an old Irwin and Phil Neville rotating at LB. Only 1 of those defenders was close to world class at that stage of their career.

Bruce and Pallister earned 22 international caps between them, how would they be perceived by todays fans? How many games did Silvestre play for Utd, or Heinze, or O'Shea? The 2008 defense is one of the best in the last 30 years, not easy to find that level, and outside of Rio they did it on the cheap.
Bruce and Pallister didn't win 22 caps between them.

It was Pallister with 22 caps alone...

Bruce was never capped you crank.

Unread 26-07-2018, 08:07 AM
YCSYFEUYA

Are we really going to spend £50m on some lugheaded @#%&! who had a great game against Panama?

Unread 26-07-2018, 08:19 AM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCSYFEUYA
Are we really going to spend £50m on some lugheaded @#%&! who had a great game against Panama?
Of course not. Will probably end up spending closer to £78m on him.

Unread 26-07-2018, 08:20 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Bruce and Pallister didn't win 22 caps between them.

It was Pallister with 22 caps alone...

Bruce was never capped you crank.
Erm whoosh. The point was that neither had many.

Unread 26-07-2018, 08:21 AM
YCSYFEUYA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Of course not. Will probably end up spending closer to £78m on him.
We’re a £#%&!ing joke when it comes to transfers

Unread 26-07-2018, 08:28 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by YCSYFEUYA
No but if Phil Jones goes the other way as part of the deal, it’ll be excellent business

Unread 26-07-2018, 08:31 AM
Seamus

As Keane said during the world cup that the best coaches having been working with Jones on a daily basis and he is still a poor defender. The same goes for smalling. They have to be replaced.

I would give fosu mensah a run of games at centre half with a fit Bailly

Unread 26-07-2018, 08:47 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Unread 26-07-2018, 08:48 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
he really is a £#%&!ing stupid @#%&!

Unread 26-07-2018, 08:52 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
As Keane said during the world cup that the best coaches having been working with Jones on a daily basis and he is still a poor defender. The same goes for smalling. They have to be replaced.

I would give fosu mensah a run of games at centre half with a fit Bailly
Tuanzebe & Bailly, TFM at RB and Shaw at LB. £#%&! it.

Unread 26-07-2018, 08:59 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Tuanzebe & Bailly, TFM at RB and Shaw at LB. £#%&! it.
Yeah, £#%&! it

Each game will be like The Siege of Firebase Gloria
Closed Thread