United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 18-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Blagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
the same lines are always trotted out whenever there's a bad result. jem's been peddling the 'we win in spite of fergie' line since the early days of ri.
I know, yeah. I shouldn't bother.

Unread 18-11-2012, 01:53 PM
dunk

Fergie picked the team, a slight variation on the one that failed and had to be rescued last week, absolutely everybody immediately recognised the potential for a gargantuan £#%&! up the second the team was released, the manager didn't.

Not sure who else to blame tbh. Apparently an old dog can't be taught.

Unread 18-11-2012, 01:57 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Fergie picked the team, a slight variation on the one that failed and had to be rescued last week, absolutely everybody immediately recognised the potential for a gargantuan £#%&! up the second the team was released, the manager didn't.

Not sure who else to blame tbh. Apparently an old dog can't be taught.
the way people are going on you'd have thought it was something new. for 20-odd years fergie has £#%&!ed about with the side, picking weakened teams against weaker opposition, and from time to time it's bitten him on the arse. it happened yesterday and it's his fault but some of the shite about him not having a clue, tactically inept, lost it, needs to move on is ludicrous ffs.

Unread 18-11-2012, 01:59 PM
Zorg

Phelan has a lot to answer for imo.

Unread 18-11-2012, 02:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
the way people are going on you'd have thought it was something new. for 20-odd years fergie has £#%&!ed about with the side, picking weakened teams against weaker opposition, and from time to time it's bitten him on the arse. it happened yesterday and it's his fault but some of the shite about him not having a clue, tactically inept, lost it, needs to move on is ludicrous ffs.
Mistakes happen, no problem. It's the continued repitition of the same £#%&!ing mistakes that grates. Such as the continued insistence on picking one of Scholes or Giggs alongside Carrick in a 2 man midfield despite all the evidence proving that it doesn't £#%&!ing work.

I would never call him tactically inept, but the having a clue thing is starting to worry me.

Unread 18-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Rhodzy

Van Pizzle was poor yesterday. Wish we were still a 1 man team with him.

Unread 18-11-2012, 02:08 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Mistakes happen, no problem. It's the continued repitition of the same £#%&!ing mistakes that grates. Such as the continued insistence on picking one of Scholes or Giggs alongside Carrick in a 2 man midfield despite all the evidence proving that it doesn't £#%&!ing work.

I would never call him tactically inept, but the having a clue thing is starting to worry me.
This.

Unread 18-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
He needs to improve, do you agree? Both in terms of team selection and ideas.

Giving players minutes is one thing, giving giggs minutes in a 2 man midfield, with players like cleverley, Anderson and fletcher to a degree in much more need of games.

He also chooses 44£#%&!ing2 time after time, regardless of our inability to carry it, having a shit midfield as we do. And we know the reason for that ain't the owners.

Unread 18-11-2012, 02:20 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

there's a reason we've gone behind 11 times this season

i'm not saying fergie should be sacked
i'm saying phelan should
@#%&!

Unread 18-11-2012, 02:30 PM
saffers

Does Fergie even watch our games back?

Must be next to no coaching going on at the club, never seen a squad so strong be so mismanaged. Makes you wonder where we'd be without Chicha and RvPizzle....

Unread 18-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
there's a reason we've gone behind 11 times this season

i'm not saying fergie should be sacked
i'm saying phelan should
@#%&!
I'm not so sure that phelan has the input into team selection and tactics that you give him credit for.

I think fergie does it all and the other two are just yes men.

We need a good number two who is both tactically aware and not afraid to tell the great man when he may have got it wrong.

Carlos seems to have had his chance and blown it when he left for the second time and I don't see any other obvious candidates ... unless Ole wants to do it, with the long term aim of eventually taking over.

Unread 18-11-2012, 02:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
He's a better player than valencia anyway
No, he isn't.

Unread 18-11-2012, 03:04 PM
dunk

£#%&! it, I'm done with it now. Time to look forward to the Fletcher and Scholes master class in Hell on Tuesday

Unread 18-11-2012, 03:07 PM
saffers

Quote:
£#%&! it, I'm done with it now. Time to look forward to the Fletcher and Scholes master class in Hell on Tuesday
Gotta watch juve v chelsea surely, something riding on it.

Not gonna subject myself to fergies boring football when weve already won the group.

Unread 18-11-2012, 03:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Not gonna subject myself to fergies boring football when weve already won the group.
Nah, can't be arsed watching anyone but United atm, painful as it is.

Unread 18-11-2012, 03:13 PM
wiganste

We got away with it at Villa last week. We were every bit as shocking there than we were yesterday (first half @ VP was woeful)

As soon as I saw the team sheet I knew we were in for another shit fest of football. Fergie will never, ever learn re: picking weakened teams against inferior opposition. He just can't help himself. Giggs & Scholes should be played only in meaningless games from now on - the Champions League dead rubbers for example - but he give Giggs 90 £#%&!ing minutes alongside slackjaw. It's a recipe for disaster.

I know we can't win every game but Carrow Road ought to be a place we go to and come away with 3 points. Instead we rocked up, played absolutely shit and got what we deserved. Did Ruddy make a save of note? (Apart from the near own goal) Pathetic

Unread 18-11-2012, 03:13 PM
wiganste

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Couldn't give a shit about Juventus v Chelsea pal

Unread 18-11-2012, 03:16 PM
dunk

FWIW, if we'd gone there yesterday and lost with Anderson or Cleverley in rather than Giggs, I doubt the reaction would be quite the same. It used to wind me up when he insisted on picking Blanc rather than O'Shea or Brown, I don't mind losing if the players/manager are going to learn from it, or even if we're beaten by a side who is just on it that day or better, but to be beaten because old players are being relied upon when there are youngsters in need of game time and development is frustrating.

Unread 18-11-2012, 03:22 PM
PaddyAdams

A

Unread 18-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Harri Jaffa

Thumbs up

Quote:
FWIW, if we'd gone there yesterday and lost with Anderson or Cleverley in rather than Giggs, I doubt the reaction would be quite the same. It used to wind me up when he insisted on picking Blanc rather than O'Shea or Brown, I don't mind losing if the players/manager are going to learn from it, or even if we're beaten by a side who is just on it that day or better, but to be beaten because old players are being relied upon when there are youngsters in need of game time and development is frustrating.
Very well put