United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
View Poll Results: Who will win?
United 38 73.08%
Spurs 4 7.69%
Draw 10 19.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 28-10-2017, 07:51 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
There is also a case then of you overrating players then.

I'm firmly in the belief that it lies with the manager and the players but, you telling me it's the manager's fault that Shaw hasn't it in him? Even though previous managers have called him out? Likewise, Herrera? I'm struggling to see what he does exactly. Miki as well today, struggling to make a simple f***ing pass and, in general, just struggling to the simple things....You cannot blame that on the manager. If you do, there's a clear agenda.

Granted, things like the hoof ball, formation etc today were clearly the instructions of the manager, and I'll criticism for that. It was hard to watch and I got disheartened by it. But, he was justified in the end.
It depends how you view the responsibility. He doesn't make or want Herrera or Mickey to £#%&! up, but where do those errors stem from? Confidence? Being played out of position? Wrong players around them? That could be down to the manager.

If a player he signs does Well, we praise him for signing him. So shouldn't we criticise him if the players he chooses to keep perform badly?

In the end, it's the old 'buck stops with the manager' argument. They're his players, it's up to him to get them to play well.

There's off days, but the likes of Lukaku, Mickey and Herrera have been fairly shit for the last month or so.

Unread 28-10-2017, 08:08 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
I choose realism pal. That works both ways in that I don't jump on the bandwagon slating good players who aren't playing well like many do, because I can see the bigger picture, which is a team playing the way its manager wants them to.
It also means I'm not going to get giddy over a few flattering scorelines against shit teams.
Your posts say a lot about how concerned you are about the PR of your own online franchise IMO.
What?! I’m a united fan who has invested the majority of my life to supporting the club (less so now) so forgive me if I want to squeeze out enjoyment as often as I can? I’ve enjoyed quite a few games this season

My online franchise pr - what the £#%&! are you on about? This is an anonymous forum and no one on here knows me irl. I called out van gaal early on into his 2nd term when the majority was still supportive and you, agreeing with me at the time, even once said that I don’t follow the crowd to be popular make your mind up pal.

Weirdo.

Unread 28-10-2017, 08:29 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I called out van gaal early on into his 2nd term, and you, agreeing with me at the time, even once said that I don’t follow the crowd to be popular

make your mind up

I thought..

Unread 28-10-2017, 08:38 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
I thought..

Do feel a bit tearful tbh. Thought me and melancholy al were tight. Need to put on a brave face though in case my online rep suffers.

Unread 28-10-2017, 08:39 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Do feel a bit tearful tbh. Thought me and melancholy al were tight. Need to put on a brave face though in case my online rep suffers.
Sort it out.

You have your online franchise to think about all.

Unread 28-10-2017, 09:49 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
pity you did'nt, probably would have broken your little limp wrist.........
oh, dear.

the only thing that would stop me cutting you into little pieces and feeding you to the dog would be that the stench of the shit running down your legs as soon as you realised you were within 100 yards of me would be offputting.

imagine that apostrophe is your head and the letters n and t are your shoulders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Punching your screen ffs your an old man you barmy old @#%&!
I'm also smart enough to know that punching my screen isn't actually going to hurt mourinho. it was a joke. I never lose my temper. I will despatch zm17 in a calm and efficient manner, clearing up as I go along.

old? get to £#%&!.

Unread 28-10-2017, 10:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
oh, dear.

the only thing that would stop me cutting you into little pieces and feeding you to the dog
You don't have Fido on a veggie diet, then? Disgraceful

Unread 28-10-2017, 10:37 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
You don't have Fido on a veggie diet, then? Disgraceful
I have to clear up her poo.

Unread 29-10-2017, 01:44 AM
wiganste

I thought it was a good game. 2 very good teams and that 2nd half was brilliant to watch
Deserved to win, Ashley Young was immense. His desire to win has been top. Notch recently

I’m a bit drunk pals but that’s how I seen it x

Unread 29-10-2017, 01:49 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I thought it was a good game. 2 very good teams and that 2nd half was brilliant to watch
Deserved to win, Ashley Young was immense. His desire to win has been top. Notch recently

Agreed to all

Unread 29-10-2017, 06:42 AM
Furry Russian hats

The bit of aggro between the players was good as well, really helped the atmosphere.

Unread 29-10-2017, 07:07 AM
puressence

telling alli to come back when you win premiership ..love young tbh never fails limited player gives everything proper puts a shift in whatever game he plays have 11 of them jobs easy

Unread 29-10-2017, 10:47 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
telling alli to come back when you win premiership ..love young tbh never fails limited player gives everything proper puts a shift in whatever game he plays have 11 of them jobs easy
Yep. Shaw might wanna stop crying and have a look at himself

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:35 PM
wiganste

Atmosphere was good. Was funny to hear the Spurs fans sing “your support is facking shit” towards the end of the match after making almost zero noise themselves all game

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Atmosphere was good. Was funny to hear the Spurs fans sing “your support is facking shit” towards the end of the match after making almost zero noise themselves all game
There's 60,000 of them in wembley every other week and the place is like a £#%&!ing morgue.

They should talk.

Unread 29-10-2017, 12:56 PM
puressence

Quote:
you will be upsetting the southereners on the site steve

Unread 29-10-2017, 01:07 PM
utd99

Quote:

Clear man of the match I thought. Young gets a lot of shit on here -and I can kinda see why, although I disagree- but he’s the hardest working player in the squad, understands how the game works and our best form over the last four or five years has invariably come with him in the side. He shouldn’t be playing left back though.

Unread 29-10-2017, 01:31 PM
Alex Jones was Right

So, according to some:

Draw at anfield, missing a few key players, not good enough.
Winning 1-0 against tottenham, missing Pogba, not good enough.
Sticking 4 past cannon fodder on numerous occasions. Not good enough.

What is good enough for a united manager less than 18 months into a job?

Unread 29-10-2017, 01:36 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
So, according to some:

It wasn’t the draw at Anfield that was the problem, it was the way we played. We had at least as good a chance of winning that game as they did, but we pretty much ensured it was either going to be a draw or they nick a winner. It didn’t have to be that way.

I don’t think many were complaining about beating Spurs or the big wins, were they?

Unread 29-10-2017, 02:07 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
So, according to some:

What isn't good enough is his entire approach to football, sticking some trophies on a pile of shit, doesn't make the pile of shit more appealing.