United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-02-2009, 03:09 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
i know loads of people who dont rate carrick, all he ever does is the easy ball etc. infuriating tbh
But they are all in the same spurs fan club you are and they are bitter he left.

Unread 18-02-2009, 03:21 PM
Ginners

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
But they are all in the same spurs fan club you are and they are bitter he left.
very good

Unread 18-02-2009, 03:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
By you're logic your saying that Van der sar is a better keeper for organising the brilliant parnership of Vidic and Ferdinand that Reina is for getting overrated coin thrower Carragher and over the hill peroxide lover Sammi Hyypia to do a better job in terms of goals conceeded? Okay.

I don't want to end up fighter a scouse corner here but I think that Reina is the most underrated keeper in the division and as he is yet to hit the age that keepers tend to peak I think Liverpool have that part of the squad sewn right up.
fair point, although lest we forget that Agger is the best young ball-playing defender in world football, Carragher aka mr liverpool is a world class performer far ahead of the likes of Ferdinand, and Skrtel's injury is one of the main reasons Liverpool stuttered a bit because he is that good.

by your logic every save a goalkeeper makes is as good as the next one, and if one goalkeeper has a higher number of saves over a 13 game period (or even a 3 golden gloves period) then he must be the better goalkeeper.

defend as a team, attack as a team. both these goalkeepers (like all of them except for purple patches) are world class in some of their game and a bit dodgy at others. Reina is £#%&!ing £#%&! on crosses for example; i'd feel more confident with Nutsack catching the ball in a crowd.

Unread 18-02-2009, 04:19 PM
Tronics

talks sense at times but...

fletcher ahead of Carrick? LMFAO

carragher @ right back? no thanks.

Stevie G ahead of Anderson? allow it. dont want them 100mph 40yard passes anywhere in our team.

Unread 18-02-2009, 04:51 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Stephen Hawking looks more comfortable in possession of a football than Jamie Carragher.

Unread 18-02-2009, 07:27 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

More curiously, the same paper has done a prediction on our run in, which they think will feature a draw at home to Blackburn, and a draw away to Sunderland. And a draw at home to Arsenal. The rest, wins.

Unread 18-02-2009, 07:29 PM
Gorilla Monsoon

Also check out the comment below:

With Rooney on the bench as an impact sub, as I've been very dissapointed with his form of late.

Unread 18-02-2009, 07:42 PM
Hopskipjump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Fair point and you are entitled to your opinion but when he plays, I think our Midfield looks much more potent going forward and he has improved his defensive game too...
good one Jez

Unread 18-02-2009, 08:08 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
i know loads of people who dont rate carrick, all he ever does is the easy ball etc. infuriating tbh
Carrick looks for the forward ball to the attackers as soon as he gets it, which was a breath of fresh air when we signed him after the side ways and backwards shite we had at that time. Carrick is a composed clever player who is a vital part of our team and a key reason to our good football. Of course, if he ran around lunging in at people, screaming and playing hollywood balls with almost every pass he did, he'd be 'great', wouldn't he? The fact that Carrick barely has to 'slide tackle' yet intercepts/wins the ball back for us a lot just shows how clever he is and what a great screen for the back 4 he is.

Carrick - 2 seasons

2 league titles
European Cup
World Club Cup

And you can throw in an F.A Cup final in there to.

Unread 18-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Stickman

Wes Brown > Jamie Carragher

at right back without doubt.
Closed Thread