United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 16-02-2024, 02:12 PM
Arnold Muhren

Default Stick to Football: Episode 19 - Champions League Fallout & Uniteds new Sporting Director

Welcome back to Stick to Football with Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Roy Keane and Jill Scott – the original show from the award-winning The Overlap, brought to you by Sky Bet.

With Ian away in St Lucia and Jill back in the studio, the panel kick off the show with the reaction to the first round of the Champions League knock-out stages, where holders Manchester City beat FC Copenhagen whilst Harry Kane’s Bayern Munich lose to Lazio.

Gary, Jamie, Roy and Jill discuss whether any team can anyone stop Pep’s City, whether the Champions League has gone stale or not and how next season’s rule change could be beneficial to Europe’s elite competition.

As Manchester United have approached Newcastle United’s director of football Dan Ashworth, the team talk about what changes he could bring to Old Trafford if he decides to move and how important the off-the-field staff have on a modern football club.

Lastly we end on our Super 6 segment, has Gary pulled further ahead of Roy and who will they predict in the latest round of fixtures?

We’re approaching one million subscribers, so please don’t forget to hit subscribe to never miss an episode!

Chaptering
00:00: Behind The Scenes
06:33: Introduction
06:57: Champions League reaction
21:30: Can anyone stop Manchester City?
30:30: Manchester United’s approach for Dan Ashworth and the importance of directors of football
52:34: Super 6

Unread 16-02-2024, 09:13 PM
armchair

The Dan Ashford stuff about England from Neville was interesting.

Unread 16-02-2024, 11:21 PM
AK14

I have to say I missed Ian Wright this week, he’s really grown on me.

Jill Scott is so tiresome isn’t she. The constant need to force ‘banter’ with Keane is very irritating and usually just falls flat.

Unread 16-02-2024, 11:33 PM
Stickman

At the risk of sounding all Joey B I agree. She adds absolutely nothing to that dynamic and alwaaaaays trying to make a shite joke.

Unread 17-02-2024, 03:29 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
At the risk of sounding all Joey B I agree. She adds absolutely nothing to that dynamic and alwaaaaays trying to make a shite joke.
She's also dog ugly.

If there was a nice bit of crumpet on the panel, it would be acceptable, but she adds nothing verbally or visually.

I absolutely detest opinionated, unattractive women.

Unread 17-02-2024, 03:34 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
I absolutely detest opinionated, unattractive women.
Incel of the year 2024 - vote Neo

Unread 17-02-2024, 03:34 PM
larry

october 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
they need to dump jill 'smile while saying everything' scott
i understand every aspect of modern media has to have female representation, just bring in a woman who isn't shit at what she does
december 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
gary listened to me
last two episodes have been absolutely great without her, and i haven't even seen the second one yet
good to see you guys catching up