TreeFiddy

Default Who should be sold this summer?

Rashford
Maguire
The Scottish Player
Sancho
Varane
Maybe AwB

Controversial, but I think we may end up a stronger team without Bruno and he’d command a big fee. Maybe not just yet though.

Unread 05-02-2024, 08:30 AM
Patty_b

Greenwood
Sancho
Varane
Donny
Martial

Unread 05-02-2024, 08:44 AM
Stickman

Maguire
Antony
Bruno
Onana
Sancho
Donny
Martial
Dalot

I don’t think we’re in a position to sell Varane especially given Martinez injury issues.

The Scottish Player can stay as a squad box crasher. Goals win games.

Rashford gets a stay of execution as we’re far too light up there as it is. AWB, same.

Unread 05-02-2024, 08:45 AM
Sapien

Unread 05-02-2024, 09:09 AM
pedr0

- either of our dogshit RBs.
- either of Maguire/lindelof (id prefer to keep Maguire if he's willing to stay as 3/4th choice)
- greenwood
- Sancho
- martial
- vd beek
- eriksen
- Antony loaned out

Unread 05-02-2024, 09:54 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Onana
Awb
Maguire
Malacia
Antony
Donny
Sancho
Martial

Unread 05-02-2024, 10:03 AM
Dr Stranger

Hopefully on topic enough for this thread.

The ever-informative Swedish Rumble outlining how and why we’re so restricted this January…..but things are looking brighter for the summer …. BUT we still need to shift some big earners

Unread 05-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
Onana
Awb
Maguire
Malacia
Antony
Donny
Sancho
Martial
This - a bit harsh on Onana imv - signs aren’t good but he’s only been here half a season. It all depends on who we could get. Don’t say Dave.

Bulleting Antony is what Erik needs to do but it would be a brave shout - basically Erik admitting that he doesn’t really know ball.

Unread 05-02-2024, 10:24 AM
Medlock

Not necessarily this summer, but in the next 2-3 Windows:

Onana
Dalot
Varane
Malacia
Eriksen
DVB
Pelestri
Anthony
Sancho
Martial

Unread 05-02-2024, 10:28 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Bulleting Antony is what Erik needs to do but it would be a brave shout - basically Erik admitting that he doesn’t really know ball.
Read he cost us £82 million

If we were to sell him this summer, what we would get? £25 Million? 30 at a push...

No way could we take that kind of loss on a player ETH seemingly pushed so hard for AND for the manager to keep his job. He'll have another a year at least. Let's hope he can be developed

Unread 05-02-2024, 10:31 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX

If we were to sell him this summer, what we would get? £25 Million? 30 at a push...

No way could we take that kind of loss on a player ETH seemingly pushed so hard for AND for the manager to keep his job. He'll have another a year at least. Let's hope he can be developed

Not a chance anyone is paying that.

Unread 05-02-2024, 10:35 AM
atticusgrinch

Onana
Maguire
AWB
The Scottish Player
Rashford
Eriksen
Antony
DVB
Sancho
Martial
Pellestri

I'd look at phasing out Bruno as well, whether for Mount or whoever. And bring back Greenwood obv. And look at phasing out Shaw.

Unread 05-02-2024, 10:38 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX

There’s no way we’d get £25m back. £15m more likely. I know that’s not how the club has operated to date but I’m hoping that Ineos change that - they’ve indicated that they will. To date, the supposed asset value of players has dictated our managerial approach - it’s part of the reason why Pogba was chosen over Mou. It has to change. We need players on more sensible wage structures - stepped upwards based on performance if necessary - and we need to stop over paying for shit players. Antony’s wages went from £15k a week to £200k a week. Wtaf? Its negligence.

Part of that is accepting mistakes have been made and moving on rather than keeping players for years who aren’t good enough.

The suggested greatest coach in the world seems to have churned through multiple players without any heat whatsoever making countless mistakes. I know he can because there’s no financial limits but city wouldn’t allow a poorly performing player to sink the manager.

Unread 05-02-2024, 10:53 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
There’s no way we’d get £25m back. £15m more likely. I know that’s not how the club has operated to date but I’m hoping that Ineos change that - they’ve indicated that they will. To date, the supposed asset value of players has dictated our managerial approach - it’s part of the reason why Pogba was chosen over Mou. It has to change. We need players on more sensible wage structures - stepped upwards based on performance if necessary - and we need to stop over paying for shit players. Antony’s wages went from £15k a week to £200k a week. Wtaf? Its negligence.

Part of that is accepting mistakes have been made and moving on rather than keeping players for years who aren’t good enough.

The suggested greatest coach in the world seems to have churned through multiple players without any heat whatsoever making countless mistakes. I know he can because there’s no financial limits but city wouldn’t allow a poorly performing player to sink the manager.
All makes great sense, apart from Antony's wages (the lucky git). Let's hope Jim'll fix it.

Unread 05-02-2024, 10:55 AM
NedKelly

Maguire
Pellistri
Jonny Evans
Sancho
Martial
The Scottish Player
Mount

Unread 05-02-2024, 10:57 AM
Jethro

If Varane is happy realising he's no longer a first pick at a big club then there is no way he should be sold. But sadly footballers never quite click on quick enough.

Unread 05-02-2024, 11:01 AM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy

Controversial, but I think we may end up a stronger team without Bruno and he’d command a big fee. Maybe not just yet though.
I'm torn with Bruno.

There's a part of me thinks he'll never be a starter in any team with ambitions to challenge for a league title with his known issues re controlling the game and erratic behaviour. But there's another part of me thinks that with another top midfielder alongside Mainoo, and working with a selfless striker like Hojlund, that could be a set up to get the best out of him.

Unread 05-02-2024, 11:03 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter
I'm torn with Bruno.

There's a part of me thinks he'll never be a starter in any team with ambitions to challenge for a league
He's one of only a few we have who would get in city's team.

Unread 05-02-2024, 11:08 AM
magic_cantona

Maguire has been decent but still shows why he shouldn't be part of a top team (his mistake yesterday where West Ham should've scored)

Dalot

Rashford - on the premise that the fee is invested on another player

Donny

Antony

AWB - again, if a quality RB (Branthwaite) is brought in.

Martial, Sancho - nailed on

Varane - if replacement etc

Unread 05-02-2024, 11:08 AM
Whip Hubley

all opinions of course, but I find it £#%&!ing bonkers that people think Bruno should be sold.

People will throw out excuses for literally everyone else regarding the fact we've not had a solid team, but i'd argue Bruno is the one outfield player who most needs a settled team around him - no great £#%&!ing shock that with Casemiro and Mainoo as the 2 midfielders next to him we've won 3 games on the bounce, scoring 11 goals. Not rocket science is it?

there's approximately 25 players I'd get rid of before one of the most productive attacking mids in europe who never misses a game

each to their own though....