United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Question A question regarding these 2 South Americans from Wigan we are reported to be after.

Why?

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

For the laugh. Why not.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:41 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
For the laugh. Why not.
Oh I see, just wonder if what money we have is best spent on 2 South american midfielders I've never really heard of.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:44 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Oh I see, just wonder if what money we have is best spent on 2 South american midfielders I've never really heard of.
was djemba djemba south american

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:44 AM
elephantstone

are these the full back brothers (not the Nevilles)

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

It will catch Europe's finest off guard. Oh no, SAFs gone and signed two ordinary players from a team that barely survived in the league. Run away.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:47 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
was djemba djemba south american
yes

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:49 AM
Rhodzy

Reading that we are after Thiago Neves and Alexis Sanchez, two other south americans.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:49 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
are these the full back brothers (not the Nevilles)
Nope, 2 wingers called Valencia and Palacios. They play for Wigan apparantly.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:50 AM
believe

as long as they speak brazilian they'll be fine.

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Reading that we are after Thiago Neves and Alexis Sanchez, two other south americans.
I've never heard of them either. are we entering the Copa Libertadores next year or summat?

Unread 01-05-2008, 10:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
as long as they speak brazilian they'll be fine.
Turns out they aren't even South American, they are Central American, from Hunduras and Ecuador????

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Turns out they aren't even South American, they are Central American, from Hunduras and Ecuador????
German settlement in Honduras?Ex Nazis??

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:27 AM
Qwertyuiop

Exclamation

How can they be South American if they are from Wigan

Racist?

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:45 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

One of them won young player of the last world cup didn't he? I rate the pair of them and think they would be ideal transfer targets for teams looking to qualify for the Uefa. If they can be had for peanuts (and Fletcher) then I am sure they could do a job as squad players but it does strike me that we would likely to be ripped off for them because we are united.

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:46 AM
Vic Mackey

Sheesh, whats with all the cynicism? Just because you havent heard of them, doesnt mean they're crap.

Seems like there's always some negativity whenever we're linked with some 'fancydan' South America. Maybe its because of what happened with Veron.

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:54 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic Mackey
Sheesh, whats with all the cynicism? Just because you havent heard of them, doesnt mean they're crap.

Seems like there's always some negativity whenever we're linked with some 'fancydan' South America. Maybe its because of what happened with Veron.
I didn't say they were crap. I asked for info as to why we might sign 'em. BRL provided some at least so thanks to him.

as to being anti South american, I'm one of those few who actually liked Veron at United, i also love Tevez and Anderson.

Unread 01-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
I didn't say they were crap. I asked for info as to why we might sign 'em. BRL provided some at least so thanks to him.
Nah, I'm just saying that Fergie obviously see's something in them.

Valencia certainly has a lot of pace, and is a very tricky winger. Seems to have muscled up a bit since first turning up here. Still only 22 aswell, so he has time to develop.

Not too sure Palacios is good enough for United, but I haven't seen much of him.

Unread 01-05-2008, 12:00 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Sanchez came off the bench to give away a penalty a few minutes from the end of River's Copa Libertadores match with San Lorenzo last night.

The Thiago Neves one came from A-Bola in Portugal. Benfica have been after him for a while but they reckon United are now on the case.

Palacios is from Honduras, by the way.

Unread 01-05-2008, 01:07 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Sanchez came off the bench to give away a penalty a few minutes from the end of River's Copa Libertadores match with San Lorenzo last night.

The Thiago Neves one came from A-Bola in Portugal. Benfica have been after him for a while but they reckon United are now on the case.

Palacios is from Honduras, by the way.
Didn't A-Bola break the Anderson and Nani deals?
Closed Thread