United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2007, 12:21 AM
Coracao

is it time to rest rooney now he can control a ball, with 6 games left?

Answer: no

Unread 22-04-2007, 12:22 AM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
as for leroy, the guy doesn't seem old enough to have a decent debate with so I'll leave that one
What would you like to debate without throwing what you concieve as a subtle put down in the text? At least i call it as i see it. Forums are about opinions and on a supposed United forum i consider the opinion of a scouser inferior. Shock £#%&!ing horror.

As for age, I've been watching United long enough that no scousers' opinion should count unless they are from a select list; Coppell, Rooney etc.

Olive, sadly for you is not on that list, and if you wish to meet friends from Liverpool without seeing them take sustained abuse, i suggest you find another site that is not Manchester United related. It may stop people hurting both your feelings, especially when you both conspire to suggest that other posters ramblings are puerile/dyslexic.

Now kindly £#%&! off.

Unread 22-04-2007, 12:25 AM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
is it time to rest rooney now he can control a ball, with 6 games left?

Answer: no
Coracao, thats my point. If you watch the ball over for the goal he had 5-6 touches and it still wasn't under him. Maybe a period off the pitch watching the rest of the lads he might see that he's putting too much pressure on himself and maybe needs to play a bit more loosely.

Unread 22-04-2007, 12:27 AM
Ether

Quote:
ether, i'm not going to be drawn into arguing with every person on here who doesn't like the fact that caz supports the skaus.

i'm sure if you met her you'd get on fine, but that's not the point.

my point is that what you or leroy or anybody for that matter thinks about her being here is irrelevant and that it gets boring after a while when nothing constructive can be said.

we can all throw insults from behind a keyboard, I just can't see the point in it

I've even seen city fans on more established united sites that over time people learn to live with and have decent debate

anyway i've said my bit, i'm sure you and others will carry on regardless so there's probably not much point to me writing the above
I didn't start throwing insults around. I just had a little laugh that she spelt something wrong while taking the piss out of someone else's spelling and grammar as usual. She could have accepted it and had a laugh at herself, but instead she's started some bizarre conspiracy theory that me and Leroy planned it to make it look like she £#%&!ed up a word. And I don't really appreciate my integrity being called in to question

Unread 22-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroyloverod
Coracao, thats my point. If you watch the ball over for the goal he had 5-6 touches and it still wasn't under him. Maybe a period off the pitch watching the rest of the lads he might see that he's putting too much pressure on himself and maybe needs to play a bit more loosely.
Maybe if you watched, you'd see his touch has improved greatly over the past few weeks. And in fact, removing him from our side would greatly detract from our attacking capabilities, especially as we have no @#%&! else to come into the side. £#%&! me

Unread 22-04-2007, 12:39 AM
chorleyred

okay Leroy.

rooney isn't the type of player that rest helps, he's a player that plays himself back into form, which he's been doing nicely over the last few weeks, and still today could have had a hat trick, even when he had to play the second half out on the wing

he's still a kid with lots to learn, he's not the type to let his head go down. the fans stuck by him all day and he responded to them at full time, because he knows he's got great talent, and so do most fans

Unread 22-04-2007, 12:41 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Maybe if you watched, you'd see his touch has improved greatly over the past few weeks. And in fact, removing him from our side would greatly detract from our attacking capabilities, especially as we have no @#%&! else to come into the side. £#%&! me
Quite right. Rooney's touch has been in question all season but it's looked absolutely fine the last few weeks, today included.

Unread 22-04-2007, 12:44 AM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
What games have you been watching? His first touch has been poor for some time.

Unread 22-04-2007, 12:46 AM
chorleyred

obviously ones that you haven't if you think he hasn't been looking the old rooney over the last few weeks.

i.e the player that just won goal of the month on match of the day with a break from one penalty area to another in seconds

Unread 22-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
obviously ones that you haven't if you think he hasn't been looking the old rooney over the last few weeks.

i.e the player that just won goal of the month on match of the day with a break from one penalty area to another in seconds

He's had goals served on a plate for him by the great play of those around him.

Fair play, but we are tired as a squad, the back 4 is none existent, yet we are still not conceding many goals. A change needs to be made further up the field as there is £#%&! all we can do behind it in terms of personnel. I'm not slating any of the players, especially Rooney, i just think that if they suddenly find out their place is not cemented, in spite of injuries, it may be the spur they require. The complacency in knowing we are £#%&!ed for injuries, and that they will be starting could lead to further complacency, and they will find it hard to pick themselves up. At this stage it has £#%&! all to do with wages, its about desire and man-management, and a change may do the squad well.

Unread 22-04-2007, 12:55 AM
TreeFiddy

Let's ignore the fact that you're talking absolute shite for one moment.

Right.

Now who do you suggest comes in for Rooney?

Unread 22-04-2007, 12:57 AM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Let's ignore the fact that you're talking absolute shite for one moment.

Right.

Now who do you suggest comes in for Rooney?

Ole. Rooney as a sub. If you think I'm talking shite, so be it but what are your suggestions?

Unread 22-04-2007, 01:04 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Ole. Rooney as a sub. If you think I'm talking shite, so be it but what are your suggestions?
Play our strongest 11 available and win the £#%&!ing title.

Unread 22-04-2007, 01:05 AM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Play our strongest 11 available and win the £#%&!ing title.
We keep doing that, sustaining injuries and at the moment not winning.

Unread 22-04-2007, 01:07 AM
Camel

sorry for my brief interruption, without reading the rest of this thread

we can't afford to.

Unread 22-04-2007, 01:08 AM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
We keep doing that, sustaining injuries and at the moment not winning.
And I'm not making Rooney out to be a scapegoat for anything. Just think the lad is young and could do with a bullet to sort him out, and he be told to get on with the game instead of trying to referee it all the time.

Treefiddy i think you are a decent lad, and i your avatar has done wonders for my sex life. Lets not hurl personal insults eh?

Unread 22-04-2007, 01:12 AM
chorleyred

I love Ole to bits but i'm sure even he would accept he isn't up to any gruelling schedules any more.

but yes I can accept he could be used more than he is currently.

of course what we really need is some strong management decisions in the summer.

saha out for one. i'm one who thinks he's a very good player, but for the matches we get out of him there's very little point to him. heard a rumour today that maybe fergie has had enough of him too.

and we need to make decision on what roles the likes of evans, pique, rossi etc are going to have. they are either good enough or they aren't.

if they aren't then we need squad players bringing in, to cover superstar injuries, because lack of squad depth is the only thing that will lose us this title

Unread 26-04-2007, 07:35 PM
Leroyloverod

On reflection after the events of the past week i would offer the opinion that this thread was a bit wide of the mark.

Apologies all.

Unread 26-04-2007, 07:39 PM
£#%&! KFC

it's never time to rest Rooney despite all the shit written about him he's been brilliant this season

however I would rest him on Saturday

he just can't handle playing against Everton and his efforts against them have been embarrassing tbh he couldn't miss when Yobo passed to him the other year but apart from that he's been poor against them

I'd leave him on the bench Saturday

Unread 26-04-2007, 07:41 PM
Leroyloverod

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
it's never time to rest Rooney despite all the shit written about him he's been brilliant this season

however I would rest him on Saturday

he just can't handle playing against Everton and his efforts against them have been embarrassing tbh he couldn't miss when Yobo passed to him the other year but apart from that he's been poor against them

I'd leave him on the bench Saturday
Maybe so but my thread was to rest him this week - only for the lad to prove me wrong yet again.
Closed Thread