United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-08-2015, 07:34 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Default Stoney - our man in the Guardian

Good to see Elephantstone of this parish getting national coverage for his views on MUFC this season

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...chester-united

Unread 03-08-2015, 07:37 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Good to see Elephantstone of this parish getting national coverage for his views on MUFC this season

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...chester-united
-10 top red points for mentioning Leeds fan Russell Crowe

Unread 03-08-2015, 07:37 AM
no fun

Ghost written

Unread 03-08-2015, 09:00 AM
irk

the big news here is his use of the familiar "Bastian" for the recently arrived and as yet unproved Schweinsteiger, yet one of the most dedicated and decorated ex-captains of all time is slighted with a dismissive "Keane".

no wonder they call us all fickle.

Unread 03-08-2015, 09:12 AM
Ginners

Quote:
The remarkable thing about this pre-season is that we’ve avoided injuries
Remarkable

Unread 03-08-2015, 09:17 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Headline generator LVG will be under intense scrutiny. He is already talking about his legacy and knows he has to win the league, this season or next.

Who would play your manager in a movie? Russell Crowe in his Noah outfit. He’ll earn biblical status if he returns us to the Promised Land.

My prediction 2nd

Promised land, legacy, biblical.....

"Where will you finish"

"2nd"

Unread 03-08-2015, 09:23 AM
no fun

tbh, stoney fits the stereotype of a guardian columnist.....Oxbridge educated, wears glasses to make him look intellectual, got into "footie" post italia 90...

Unread 03-08-2015, 09:27 AM
Cream

He's a different kind of grafter these days.

Gets where water wouldn't.

Unread 03-08-2015, 09:30 AM
sa7

Didn't call Di Maria a slimy @#%&! - 5/10

Unread 03-08-2015, 09:52 AM
TheFatGoth

Unread 03-08-2015, 10:53 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Really rather touching to see so many people on here pleased for the lad.

Unread 03-08-2015, 11:09 AM
Child of Darkness

He used to do the match reports comments from a fans perspective in the observer . Good barbs usually thrown citeh and Vermins way .

Before I knew it was him , I thought it was one of the Irish reds off here , what with his name and that .

Unread 03-08-2015, 11:16 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Really rather touching to see so many people on here pleased for the lad.
I suppose its a step up from An Phoblacht

Unread 03-08-2015, 11:27 AM
Jack Duckworth

i've heard he's demanded his own trailer on the forecourt for home games and ordered people to address him as 'sir' and not to look him directly in the eye.

Unread 03-08-2015, 11:46 AM
Sparky***

"My big fat gypsy interview"

Unread 03-08-2015, 11:47 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Unread 03-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Can't see him taking that lying down. Ginners/Sparky vs Stoney PPV?

Unread 03-08-2015, 11:50 AM
Semantic Lisp

Loads of trendy syco praise for LVG

Damning assessment of Jones ignores the fact LVG has started with him at every opportunity and has rewarded him with a new contract.

No mention of the total failures in the transfer market - no right-sided centre back brought in for 3 windows now, no striker brought in this time, and massive flops in the shape of Valdes, Di Maria and Falcao.

Schweinsteiger is the leader we've lacked since Keane is the standout line though - he hasn't kicked a ball for us in a competitive game yet ffs

Unread 03-08-2015, 11:54 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp
Loads of trendy syco praise for LVG

Damning assessment of Jones ignores the fact LVG has started with him at every opportunity and has rewarded him with a new contract.

No mention of the total failures in the transfer market - no right-sided centre back brought in for 3 windows now, no striker brought in this time, and massive flops in the shape of Valdes, Di Maria and Falcao.

Schweinsteiger is the leader we've lacked since Keane is the standout line though - he hasn't kicked a ball for us in a competitive game yet ffs

Yeah, what a massive flop that reserve/backup goalkeeper who we've not need to play has been Also, how can a loan player flop - the whole point of a loanee is to assess how they fit in before buying or discarding

Obviously the Schweinsteiger point is as much about presence and leadership off the field as on it, something that has been sorely lacking. And I thought you liked the Schweinsteiger signing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semantic Lisp

I reject the view that this is a slap in the face for Ferguson's transfer policy is all. this is exactly the same level of signing as the RvP deal, a brilliant, proven player lured by the pull of the manager and the club. and the similarity runs to the likelihood of it being a short term fix, too.

I also wasn't aware the transfer market had shut.

Other than that, great critique.

Unread 03-08-2015, 11:58 AM
Semantic Lisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Yeah, what a massive flop that reserve/backup goalkeeper who we've not need to play has been Also, how can a loan player flop - the whole point of a loanee is to assess how they fit in before buying or discarding

Obviously the Schweinsteiger point is as much about presence and leadership off the field as on it, something that has been sorely lacking.

I also wasn't aware the transfer market had shut.

Other than that, great critique.
How touching.
Closed Thread