United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 18-07-2017, 04:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Shite game, decent result. Fair summary?
Nope.
Great first half, poor second

Unread 18-07-2017, 04:59 PM
red in cumbria

So half right, then

The altitude can't have helped tbh.

Unread 18-07-2017, 05:01 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
So half right, then

The altitude can't have helped tbh.
Will have done tbf.

Unread 18-07-2017, 05:04 PM
Buck

Not watched any of this reds

Unread 18-07-2017, 05:37 PM
ZiggyStardust

Surprised some of you are down on Lukaku's performance in the first half

Some loose touches but overall I thought he was pretty good

Unread 18-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Surprised some of you are down on Lukaku's performance in the first half

Some loose touches but overall I thought he was pretty good
He's not been good to watch, I'm hoping it's nerves and once he is more settled won't look so awkward on the ball

Unread 18-07-2017, 05:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
He's not been good to watch, I'm hoping it's nerves and once he is more settled won't look so awkward on the ball
that's what wba and everton hoped as well

we've bought him to beat the canon fodder. if he turns into a proper footballer it will be a massive bonus and a big shock.

Unread 18-07-2017, 05:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Wow, changed your tune pal ?

Rom in a day ?

Unread 18-07-2017, 05:53 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
He is built like a rugby player compared to most of the others on the pitch. A man of that mass is not going to be the most graceful and when it comes to his first touch it is difficult to make those minute adjustments at his size. Not the most agile.

It is also his main strength though, allows him to bully defenders, often he will take a poor touch but he is so powerful he can still retain the ball. The game is more nuanced than Lukaku scoring 30 goals automatically making the team better. Despite his flaws I much prefer Utd with a mobile main striker.

Unread 18-07-2017, 06:18 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Wow, changed your tune pal ?

Rom in a day ?
He looked dangerous and you can see his threat. The goal was very well taken and straight after he scored he picked up the ball outside the box and without thinking smashed a good hit just wide, the difference when he wasn't over-thinking things was huge.

Just think he's had a touch of the Forlan's when he isn't in a danger zone, tbf things would bounce off Cole when he joined and he ended up twice the player within two seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
It is also his main strength though, allows him to bully defenders, often he will take a poor touch but he is so powerful he can still retain the ball. The game is more nuanced than Lukaku scoring 30 goals automatically making the team better. Despite his flaws I much prefer Utd with a mobile main striker.
I think he is a big upgrade for the team vs Zlatan who couldn't/wouldn't move that much. Just hope as well as being more mobile he can add intricate link-up play to his repertoire.

Unread 18-07-2017, 06:52 PM
gbmufc

Quote:
Nope.
Great first half, poor second
First half was pretty shit tbh. We couldn`t string two passes together!

Unread 18-07-2017, 06:56 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbmufc
First half was pretty shit tbh. We couldn`t string two passes together!
Apart from the 4/5 fast break away, with a spin and go in the build up...for Mhiki's goal,

A defence splitting pass and calmly round the keeper for the second goal...

Yeah, you're right....

Unread 18-07-2017, 07:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Oh his touch is £#%&!ing dirt...

But being there Hunched over a laptop last night was like being in the Allianz arena when Anderson whalloped that free kick (pre season)

These pre season United moments...

Would hate to be a red hung up On highlights and slating a performance like the first half of united last night...
We played some very good football at times and both goals were class.
Hopeful reds.
It's Early July
Boca Juniors iirc

What a player.

Unread 18-07-2017, 07:55 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Boca Juniors iirc

What a player.
Boca, I was a £#%&!ing disgrace. Surprised I wasn't deported.

Unread 18-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Boca Juniors iirc

What a player.
hot day that....was really ruined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Boca, I was a £#%&!ing disgrace. Surprised I wasn't deported.
You were

Unread 18-07-2017, 08:29 PM
jem

fellaini.

violencia.

lukaku didn't calmly round the keeper; he completely miscontrolled it. again.

awful second half, but martial (twice), fellaini and smalling could all have scored. crosses from rashers and herrera were begging for it and martial cutting in from the left is always dangerous. certainly compared to fellaini taking people on. he should concentrate on being as pointless as darmian.

best to write that off as useful altitude training. good save by romero at the end.