United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Would beating the dippers in the European Cup final cancel out "5 Times"
No 10 27.03%
Yes 19 51.35%
AC Milan will be in the final not us 8 21.62%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 16-04-2007, 08:25 PM
Cantona's collar

Default Would beating the dippers in the European Cup final cancel out "5 Times"

I personally think that if we beat the scouse scum in Athens then it would cancel out all "5 Times" gloating.
The sight of Gary Neville lifting old big ears as Gerrard, Fowler and Carragher look on would be the proudest moment in my United supporting life.

Unread 16-04-2007, 08:43 PM
Gizza

Maybe for us it would, but they'd still sing it.

And if that @#%&! fowler is still a 'footballer' next season, he will still have is fingers ready for the united game.

Unread 16-04-2007, 08:44 PM
Tumescent Throb

The 5 times gloating doesn't bother me really. If we beat them on penalties it would give me no pleasure apart from the fact that they hadn't beaten us on penalties. If we beat them fair and square like 77 and 96 they could say what they £#%&!in want about 84 and 05

This post contains an actual lie. If we beat them even on penalties it would be a fantastic party

Unread 16-04-2007, 08:46 PM
monkey

Long-term, unfortunately not.

Unread 16-04-2007, 09:06 PM
irk

it would do their £#%&!ing heads right in.

if the boot is on the other foot i will quite simply have to kill myself.

Unread 16-04-2007, 09:08 PM
mark o

I'd like to vote for Chelsea will be in the final and not them.

Unread 16-04-2007, 09:10 PM
Spiffy

5-3 would be nice. Assuming we win the league, wouldn't we then only be 1 behind them on leagues? If so, only 2 behind on EC's would be schweet.

Unread 16-04-2007, 09:16 PM
iamwaiting

I have a long held theory that if you beat a team twice in the league you will get beaten in the FA Cup Final by them if you meet. Im not sure if this can be extended to the European Cup Final but do not want it put to the test. Its absolutely essential that Chelsea beat them.

Unread 16-04-2007, 09:19 PM
ScarFace

Course it would.

Beating them 1nil this season was brilliant, imagine if that would of been the final !

Unread 16-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwaiting
I have a long held theory that if you beat a team twice in the league you will get beaten in the FA Cup Final by them if you meet. Im not sure if this can be extended to the European Cup Final but do not want it put to the test. Its absolutely essential that Chelsea beat them.
I,ve always thought that as well. Worse, I've just checked and we have never won a cup final against a team we've done the double over in the league. In recent times we beat Liverpool and Arsenal home and away but lost a cup final to them.

Unread 16-04-2007, 09:36 PM
iamwaiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I,ve always thought that as well. Worse, I've just checked and we have never won a cup final against a team we've done the double over in the league. In recent times we beat Liverpool and Arsenal home and away but lost a cup final to them.
Now Im really scared

Unread 16-04-2007, 09:39 PM
iamwaiting

Quote:
Now Im really scared
Im not joking-I've suddenly developed a sort of sick feeling in my stomach.

Unread 16-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Tumescent Throb

Don't fret. We've never played the same team in two finals in the same year. Never played Liverpool or Chelsea in Europe. And never beaten AC Milan on aggregate either

Unread 16-04-2007, 09:46 PM
Sparky***

Would it £#%&!. The only way they'll ever stop is if we win it another 3 times. It's ALL they have. They have no other stick to beat us with.

Unread 16-04-2007, 09:47 PM
iamwaiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Don't fret. We've never played the same team in two finals in the same year. Never played Liverpool or Chelsea in Europe. And never beaten AC Milan on aggregate either
My heads reeling from the possibilities there-basically if we qualify we will play Liverpool but we wont because we wont beat Milan. Oh dear.

Unread 16-04-2007, 09:49 PM
wiganste

If we beat those @#%&!s in the final, we would dine out on it for a lifetime.

Everything they have won would mean jack shit and I reckon a fair few of them would top themselves!

Unread 16-04-2007, 09:52 PM
iamwaiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
If we beat those @#%&!s in the final, we would dine out on it for a lifetime.

Everything they have won would mean jack shit and I reckon a fair few of them would top themselves!
Trouble is thats a two way street.

Unread 16-04-2007, 09:52 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Trouble is thats a two way street.
And one of the ways isn't an option.

Unread 16-04-2007, 09:55 PM
MJ Ramone

It'll NEVER HAPPEN....but, If we won the European Cup Final against the dippers...to complete either a Treble or a Double I would never fret or worry about anything football related ever again!...perfection would have been achieved. The greatest possible scenario would have been realised.

I'd be buzzing off that for the rest of my life.
It would be the ultimate. The zenith of any Manchester United supporters life.
Whatever else happened in any game ever again we could just think about that moment.
It's SO wonderful, it couldn't be true....it simply couldn't happen.

We're far more likely to witness a Chelsea double & a vermin European triumph.

Unread 16-04-2007, 09:57 PM
iamwaiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
And one of the ways isn't an option.

I hope to £#%&! you're right. Mind you the worst I would get would be stick from my Brother in Law-you might have to leave home for a while
Closed Thread