United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Keep Ten Hag or Sack.
Keep 61 53.51%
Sack 53 46.49%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 06-04-2024, 10:52 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Heard Mitten saying he could walk and go to another club. Never really thought of that, but could see it happening. It would save face for him.
I'm not sure who would take him that would allow him to 'save face'. His most likely destination is back to Ajax as no top team in Europe will touch him after this season. Is it saving face if he 'walks' and ends up back there? He may as well take his payout and go back to them.

Unread 06-04-2024, 11:27 AM
Dr Stranger

Managers don’t walk anymore. And I don’t blame them.

Unread 06-04-2024, 11:30 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Managers don’t walk anymore. And I don’t blame them.
luckily he’s only got a year left

Unread 06-04-2024, 12:37 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats View Post
The most obvious question to ask is would all our opposition fans want him to stay? I’d say the answer is glaringly obvious, much like if you were to ask us if we would like Klopp to change his mind.

Any sort of aura he had gained from an up to then good first season completely evaporated after the 7-0, and I don’t think you could ever get it back after something like that.

We need a fresh start, definitely not Southgate, but l could definitely get on board with Nagelsmann, it was a shock when Bayern sacked him and it looks like they are living to regret that now.

The whole point of Ineos creating a vision for how we play means that we should be able to change managers without having to rip everything up if they are underperforming and without doubt, Ten Haag most definitely is.

To the people comparing the situation with Ferguson and that patience is all that is needed, Ferguson had just broken the grip of the old firm in Scotland, something that when you look back now is every bit as remarkable as what he did with us.
Completely agree with this post but particularly the second and fifth paragraph. All I can see when I look at him is that scoreline last March. He could have avoided this being the case by just shutting it down when they went 4-0 up. I could maybe even accept it more if we had a red card but didn't.

Unread 06-04-2024, 01:12 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
The most obvious question to ask is would all our opposition fans want him to stay? I’d say the answer is glaringly obvious, much like if you were to ask us if we would like Klopp to change his mind.

Any sort of aura he had gained from an up to then good first season completely evaporated after the 7-0, and I don’t think you could ever get it back after something like that.

We need a fresh start, definitely not Southgate, but l could definitely get on board with Nagelsmann, it was a shock when Bayern sacked him and it looks like they are living to regret that now.

The whole point of Ineos creating a vision for how we play means that we should be able to change managers without having to rip everything up if they are underperforming and without doubt, Ten Haag most definitely is.

To the people comparing the situation with Ferguson and that patience is all that is needed, Ferguson had just broken the grip of the old firm in Scotland, something that when you look back now is every bit as remarkable as what he did with us.
Yep.For me, if Nagels was obtainable then I think we should get him and thank Erik for the milk cup win but if not, and assuming there are no other decent candidates, then I would probably stick with Erik for another year and wait for the right candidate to come up.

Unread 06-04-2024, 01:41 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
Yep.For me, if Nagels was obtainable then I think we should get him and thank Erik for the milk cup win but if not, and assuming there are no other decent candidates, then I would probably stick with Erik for another year and wait for the right candidate to come up.
We should at least be talking to Nagelsmann's people to gauge whether he is interested in taking over after Euros

Unread 06-04-2024, 01:51 PM
Furry Russian hats

We just have to put our faith in Ratcliffe don’t we and assume he’s doing the right things behind the scenes. I’m guessing he has a bit of gumption if he’s risen to be Britains richest man

Unread 06-04-2024, 03:09 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
We just have to put our faith in Ratcliffe don’t we and assume he’s doing the right things behind the scenes. I’m guessing he has a bit of gumption if he’s risen to be Britains richest man
Musk is the worlds richest and has done some of the dumbest things imaginable

Unread 06-04-2024, 03:12 PM
Bunker Buster

Naggelsman the flavour of the month then.....

The £#%&!ing three quarter length Chino £#%&!....

Unread 06-04-2024, 03:12 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
No one does that nowadays. Too much compensation to think of.
Only got one year. If a big German team put his failure down to Utd (reasonable, given all the Dortmund players we’ve ruined) they might take him.

Unread 06-04-2024, 03:13 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro View Post
Musk is the worlds richest and has done some of the dumbest things imaginable
Musk is nowhere near the richest man in the world, tbh.

Unread 06-04-2024, 03:45 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post

I don't think it's a ridiculous comparison at all. It's comparing a situation more than comparing individuals.

Far too sensible for a lot of the outers pal

Unread 06-04-2024, 04:03 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
Urgh. Yes. Again. Oh my god can u believe it hun.
I don't think it's a ridiculous comparison at all. It's comparing a situation more than comparing individuals.
But their situations are completely different

The role of a manager has fundamentally changed, Fergie was given time because he was taking a hands-on role in shaping the academy and scouting operations. Part of the defence of ETH is that he shouldn’t even be responsible for signings, his role amounts to little more than coaching, tactics and a style of play which are all things that INEOS won’t be getting involved in.

Unread 06-04-2024, 04:38 PM
roy acorn

Poll at 38-38 tells you how finely balanced it is. Stick with Ten Hag another year in the hope that a proper team working with him, a clear out of useless players and maybe fewer injuries will see us finally turn the corner next season. Or back to square one yet again with a new manager. I'd let him start next season, there'll be no excuses, and if things stay as bad as they are now then fire him out of a cannon.

Unread 06-04-2024, 04:42 PM
NedKelly

‘Keep’ is where the alphas are at.

Unread 06-04-2024, 04:44 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
‘Keep’ is where the alphas are at.
only an epsilon would think that.

Unread 06-04-2024, 05:33 PM
larry

i was the first to vote keep
at that point it was keep 1 - sack 6
but i am my own man and don't bow to peer pressure
meanwhile that pathetic @#%&! jem has made 28 posts in this thread but is too terrified to vote and should shut up

Unread 06-04-2024, 05:37 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
meanwhile that pathetic @#%&! jem has made 28 posts in this thread but is too terrified to vote and should shut up
Grow up

Unread 06-04-2024, 05:38 PM
magic_cantona

Why is Jem abstaining?

Unread 06-04-2024, 05:39 PM
Jan Kubis

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry View Post
Jem is a forum legend.

How dare you call him a @#%&!.