United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:30 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
City have spanked the verm and won down there. We’ve not played a team in the top ten yet. Makes you think...
They've played 3 out of the current top 6, scored 12, conceded none.

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:36 PM
Neo

Had no idea you get more points for beating teams in the top half of the table.

Absolute £#%&!ing fannies on here.

United will be neck-and-neck with City all season. Who comes out on top will come down to experience, luck with injuries, mental toughness to see out a blip, and the ability to grind out wins irrespective of form.

Given that United have a manager that has won the league in England numerous times, and have a squad that isn't made up entirely of limp-wristed mercenaries, I'd say there's a good chance Red will conquer Blue.

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:37 PM
ZiggyStardust

City were a class apart today and probably will be in the league too

So much talent in that squad

Given how city play it’s hard to see too many sides giving them a game this season

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
they are joint top with us, they have beaten Chelsea by a single goal, they looked poor against Liverpool until the sending off, drew at home to Everton, we have hit four goals in 4 league games, that is not to be sniffed at, we still have Zlatan to come back and used properly in the second half of the season and he could be a big game changer for us, add him to Lukaku, Rashford and Martial and we have the fire power to win this league, we have a better goal keeper and defence and that could be the key to winning this league this season..
Well obviously our goalkeeper is better because he's the best in the world. But as for the defence? I'm not so sure tbh. We give up far more chances on our goal during games than they do and we play in patches rather than a total 90 min intensity like they do.

And how are you supposed to judge City's defence when they never actually have any defending to do because they monopolise the ball for 70% of every game? Chelsea had a chance to give them an examination today and they failed miserably, I don't think i've seen two slower full backs than Chelsea's. Bakayoko looks like a one-paced donkey as well.

Spurs will give City an examination as they are currently the only team in our league that employ the same high-energy tactics as well as they do. Whether they'll beat them or not who knows.

The sooner they play someone like PSG or Real Madrid in europe the better. Could do with the wind being taken out of their sails a bit.

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:39 PM
AnthonyMartial

Chelsea were pathetic.

So timid.

I

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:48 PM
Barcabal

Theyll kill this league it looks like..
fancy us to beat them but theyll destroy the top tier teams

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:52 PM
Clarkie

It's the end of September...It's far too early to be calling it.

For all we know, our players could be half arsing it with the likes of Palace and go and turn it on at Anfield in two weeks and @#%&! them? Martial could start and he might have the game of his life to knock Rashford down to the bench.

We could get @#%&!ted at Anfield and go on a terrible run of results.

We don't know enough yet to predict any out come in terms of trophies. Us and City could lose to dodgy offside decisions or penalties etc and Chelsea could leapfrog us. Who knows?!
All I know is that is that it feels good to be back playing, looking like major contenders and enjoying the football the club I love produces.

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:56 PM
irk

City have a decent team but it includes Fabian ducking delph at left back and that limp wristed fraud Sterling up front. Forgive me if I don't think they'll steamroller all comers.

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:58 PM
ScarFace

Didn't city win the first 10 games last season then completely nosedived?

Chelsea were bitches today.. imagine lukaku at 0-0 getting injured on 30min with zlat on the bench and we put £#%&!ing Lingard on.

Unread 30-09-2017, 08:00 PM
suedeshoes

Poor Sparky

Unread 30-09-2017, 08:00 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

So much talent in that squad

Given how city play it’s hard to see too many sides giving them a game this season
Said everybody this time last season when they'd won 10 in a row.

Their defense is £#%&! with no reserves is even they get injured.

Not saying it will but it could all crumble again just like last season, if a few key things happen.

Unread 30-09-2017, 08:01 PM
red in cumbria

Chelski had a hard intense CL match against one of the best sides in the world on Wednesday night.

City had a glorified training session 24 hours earlier.

Given that, is anybody surprised?

Unread 30-09-2017, 08:04 PM
taff

maybe chelsea just aren't very good.

Unread 30-09-2017, 08:06 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
maybe chelsea just aren't very good.
They're not quite as good as ourselves or ciddy probably. Which makes my point just now the more germane, if anything.

Unread 30-09-2017, 08:15 PM
Buck

In spite of the territorial dominance it took a long ranger to break Chelsea down. Chelsea's lack of intensity may be down to having to go up against Atletico whereas City had a stroll at home the night before.

Anyway this game won't have implications on the title..........we're not even in October ffs

Unread 30-09-2017, 08:21 PM
Pop

%@#$&!s to City.

Unread 30-09-2017, 08:24 PM
utd99

It’s way too early to tell anything. City dominated, but got lucky that Morata had to go off so early; what was wiggy doing replacing him with Willian? Obviously has no faith in his squad depth. He won’t be at Stamford Bridge next season.

Chelsea actually did a pretty good job on Jesus, but City had too much quality behind him, and credit where it’s due, they worked their socks off. Whether they’ll keep up that workrate if things turn south a bit remains to be seen.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a goalkeeper kick the ball with as much power as City’s, whatever the @#%&!s name is.

Unread 30-09-2017, 08:37 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s way too early to tell anything. City dominated, but got lucky that Morata had to go off so early; what was wiggy doing replacing him with Willian? Obviously has no faith in his squad depth. He won’t be at Stamford Bridge next season.

Chelsea actually did a pretty good job on Jesus, but City had too much quality behind him, and credit where it’s due, they worked their socks off. Whether they’ll keep up that workrate if things turn south a bit remains to be seen.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a goalkeeper kick the ball with as much power as City’s, whatever the @#%&!s name is.
Jose's newspaper goon said on the radio this week he thinks Carlo will go back to Chelsea in the summer. That Chelsea wanted him last season but he had already agreed to Bayern. Still owns the house he lived in when Chelsea boss etc.....who knows.

why did they sack him again?....

Unread 30-09-2017, 08:41 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Jose's newspaper goon said on the radio this week he thinks Carlo will go back to Chelsea in the summer. That Chelsea wanted him last season but he had already agreed to Bayern. Still owns the house he lived in when Chelsea boss etc.....who knows.

why did they sack him again?....
Wheels came off when raw Wilkins got sacked for turning up to work every day with a bag of cans. Carlo couldn't communicate with the players and fell out with big Roman.

I hope he goes back. He's not as good as he once was.

Unread 30-09-2017, 08:57 PM
redhegemony

Chelski were poor - low energy - never really threatened or dominated a stage of the game. City took advantage and flowed forwards.

We won't give City that much space to play in and will be far more dangerous going forwards.
Closed Thread