United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:17 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
That's really scary tho Zig
I know, Im hiding behind my sofa as I type this..........

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:17 PM
waynes ear's

Changed my pants three times watching this match

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Zlatan coming back by Christmas, aswall Rojo who was top class before his history and do not forget the Mou factor, the man is a born winner and now this is his team and you can now see that in the way its performing, compared to last season.. Jones, Martial, Young, Valencia, Fellaini all looked like they could have been shown the door last summer and now with in a year of working with the manager they look like different players.
You just have to hope that they'll get fatigued at some point and their confidence will take a knock hopefully.

So far this season they've played Liverpool and Chelsea, both of whom were allegedly going to cause them problems and expose their 'dodgy defence'. So far they've scored 6 goals over the 2 fixtures and conceded none without so much as breaking sweat.

It doesn't bode well given that these are two of the better teams in the league, the rest of the dross that make up the league will just be cannon fodder for them.

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:18 PM
Cream

Chelsea pathetic.

Getting absolutely punked at home.

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:19 PM
Lok

There's a bizarre lack of urgency from Chelsea. They were slow as £#%&! with that throw in.

rockored2

City look good. So do we.
We won't know anything of great significance until Xmas.

This is the way football works.

The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Behave. If we beat Chelsea away this convincingly we'll be jizzing all over each other.
Maybe but I wouldn't say that would be terrifying !! little bit OTT there. Chelsea have been very poor and didn't have an outlet for an hour. Other than the goal I can't think of 1 decent chance/save although I have been hiding behind the sofa all game

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:21 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Changed my pants three times watching this match
I am so afraid, that I am sitting here in a black plastic bag and it is giving me an awfully bad itch..

Lok

De Bruyne faking injury to miss international duty.

Not even subtle.

Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You just have to hope that they'll get fatigued at some point and their confidence will take a knock hopefully.

So far this season they've played Liverpool and Chelsea, both of whom were allegedly going to cause them problems and expose their 'dodgy defence'. So far they've scored 6 goals over the 2 fixtures and conceded none without so much as breaking sweat.

It doesn't bode well given that these are two of the better teams in the league, the rest of the dross that make up the league will just be cannon fodder for them.
They look excellent. They've totally done a number on Chelsea tonight. Anyone denying their quality is kidding themselves . In terms of firepower,they're the best in the league.

The real test will come when they dip. And they will dip. The 'test of character' rather than isolated fixtures that look tough on paper will determine their success.

And it's not our problem. I'm delighted with our form. If they blitz the league, so be it.

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:23 PM
The Stella Fella

Can I come out from behind this sofa yet??

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:24 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
I think we look good but City look terrifying. We're not at their level at all IMHO. I'll chill when it's absolutely impossible for them to win the quadruple. God look at their £#%&!ing fans. Having a ball. I feel stabby.
They are clearly the best pure footballing side in the country. Utd are far more functional in comparison, but can be as effective in their own way. Heavy pitches, a few injuries, think, hope, Utd might be better set up to deal with those issues over a full season.

Chelsea should be no higher than third, not the team of last year with some of their moves and Hazard looking for his best form. Even last year they were solid and competent rather than exceptional, the best of a mediocre bunch.

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:24 PM
The Stella Fella

Slippy G is absolutely spot on

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:25 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Can I come out from behind this sofa yet??
I know I'm being a fadge but I view City's impending domination of the universe in the same way as much of the forum view the minute possibility of the scousers winning the league. Armageddon.

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:26 PM
barca99

City back on top having played the much harder fixtures.

Gunna be a long season, fear the worst tbh.

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:26 PM
Cream

Sorry but this game says more about Chelsea than City.

#Mou_out if we perform like that against them.

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
City back on top having played the much harder fixtures.

Gunna be a long season, fear the worst tbh.
£#%&!ing fanny

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:27 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
They look excellent. They've totally done a number on Chelsea tonight. Anyone denying their quality is kidding themselves . In terms of firepower,they're the best in the league.

The real test will come when they dip. And they will dip. The 'test of character' rather than isolated fixtures that look tough on paper will determine their success.

And it's not our problem. I'm delighted with our form. If they blitz the league, so be it.
they are joint top with us, they have beaten Chelsea by a single goal, they looked poor against Liverpool until the sending off, drew at home to Everton, we have hit four goals in 4 league games, that is not to be sniffed at, we still have Zlatan to come back and used properly in the second half of the season and he could be a big game changer for us, add him to Lukaku, Rashford and Martial and we have the fire power to win this league, we have a better goal keeper and defence and that could be the key to winning this league this season..

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Sorry but this game says more about Chelsea than City.

#Mou_out if we perform like that against them.
Back 8 will return, 90% possession for City, Fellaini with 4.

Unread 30-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Mr_Ed

City have spanked the verm and won down there. We’ve not played a team in the top ten yet. Makes you think...
Closed Thread