United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 30-10-2013, 10:47 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Great to see the ABM crew silenced.

4-0 thrashing, Moyesiah's arrived. Big Wilf and Janners are the new Rooney and Ronaldo.

comparing young and zaha. :shakehead: both shit.

Unread 30-10-2013, 10:48 PM
jem

bebe > zaha

that attempted trick just before was taken off.

Unread 30-10-2013, 10:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
bebe > zaha

that attempted trick just before was taken off.
Shhhh, he was really good apparently

Unread 30-10-2013, 11:46 PM
red in cumbria

He was better than Young. I recognise this is setting the bar pretty low, admittedly

Unread 31-10-2013, 01:02 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The clear implication here is that they do not dislike him for any good reason. This is, of course, incorrect
not at all

the implication is that the reasons are less about his actual performances and more about a combination of other stuff - his personality for instance, or the fact he was signed

as far as I'm concerned it was a decent signing and he remains a decent attacking threat for united, providing balance on the left, options for the manager and a realistic goal threat as well. he also works hard and 'puts a shift in'

i realise this doesn't fit with popular opinion, but i don't usually go out of my way to run with the herd anyway, so the young bashers make me laugh - why bother? he's not the best player we've ever had but he's half decent on form and there's £#%&! all wrong with that

i wouldn't usually entertain this tbh cus the bitterness and dogmatic standpoints in places like this makes it futile, but anyway...

Unread 31-10-2013, 01:28 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
not at all

the implication is that the reasons are less about his actual performances and more about a combination of other stuff - his personality for instance, or the fact he was signed

as far as I'm concerned it was a decent signing and he remains a decent attacking threat for united, providing balance on the left, options for the manager and a realistic goal threat as well. he also works hard and 'puts a shift in'

i realise this doesn't fit with popular opinion, but i don't usually go out of my way to run with the herd anyway, so the young bashers make me laugh - why bother? he's not the best player we've ever had but he's half decent on form and there's £#%&! all wrong with that

i wouldn't usually entertain this tbh cus the bitterness and dogmatic standpoints in places like this makes it futile, but anyway...
Not scored in nearly 2 years...

Unread 31-10-2013, 01:51 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not scored in nearly 2 years...
as i said, i'm not interested in defending the player, i'm only pointing out what i see

only the blinkered will not see that this player is beneficial to united's goal threat. he's a very useful member of united's squad.

Unread 31-10-2013, 02:01 AM
dunk

Quote:
as i said, i'm not interested in defending the player, i'm only pointing out what i see

only the blinkered will not see that this player is beneficial to united's goal threat. he's a very useful member of united's squad.
He isn't.

Missed the majority of last season with niggly injuries and wasn't missed one bit. awful, pointless player.

Unread 31-10-2013, 02:11 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
He isn't.

Missed the majority of last season with niggly injuries and wasn't missed one bit. awful, pointless player.
why are you even discussing it with me?

you don't agree with me and i certainly don't agree with you so what's the point?

Unread 31-10-2013, 11:42 AM
jem

and what's the point of talking to people who agree with you?

young is not total shit, but he isn't performing and his diving is inexcusable. there may be some element of him just not being the sort of player we needed when he was bought, but he has still been a big disappointment. there are plenty of people who want nani and valencia gone too.

Unread 31-10-2013, 12:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
why are you even discussing it with me?

you don't agree with me and i certainly don't agree with you so what's the point?
Just adding balance to your unicorns and fairies in the garden posting tbh.

Unread 31-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

dunk catches throb out chatting absolute bollox as per.

Unread 31-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
you should be quite capable of "adding balance" to the forum without the need to quote people who have a different opinion - one that the likes of yourself certainly don't have the skill to change.

Unread 31-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
and what's the point of talking to people who agree with you?

young is not total shit, but he isn't performing and his diving is inexcusable. there may be some element of him just not being the sort of player we needed when he was bought, but he has still been a big disappointment. there are plenty of people who want nani and valencia gone too.
he has proved to be a bit fragile, it's true. but when he has been fit and close to his best he has always been a useful player in our attack (and our defence).

the curious thing is that we needed a leftie to hit the line and ferguson rarely had him doing that. moyes has at least given him a chance from the right, but that hardly solves the problem either, given Nani and Valencia (and Zaha and Bebe) all play over that side...

Unread 31-10-2013, 05:02 PM
saffers

Cool

Quote:
United playing?