United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 10-01-2021, 01:16 PM
redhegemony

Henderson and Williams both did OK. Tuanzebe continues to impress. Think Donny did well but seemed to fade a little. He doesn't yet seem to have the confidence to go demanding the ball like Bruno does but that might come.

Lingard showed his known limitations - Mason is just having an inevitable dip but will be fine.

Unread 10-01-2021, 01:41 PM
Tronics

Rewatched the game again and McTom played really well in the 1st half after scoring his goal, loads of running around that’s a bit deceptive but his general play was good, although he stunk out the place a bit 2nd half and reverted back to do that thing he does ‘hiding in open space’. He’s a good impact sub but he shouldn’t be starting games United. But if we persist I think his strongest position is further forward, he looks a threat.

Van de Beek was good but a bit patchy, he uses the ball really well and rarely gives it away which is a pleasure to see from our collection of midfields but as someone pointed out on here he does have a tendency of letting the game pass him by from time to time. But I’m hoping that’s more of issue of rhythm once he starts playing more often it will go away.

Dan James he tries bless him and he had a decent 10-15 mins in the 1st half but he’s simply not good enough for this level. he gets himself in great positions with his pace but he’s completely braindead he kind of reminds me of Theo Walcott towards the end of his spell at Arsenal. I would have more faith in him if we had a proper coach who could help develop his game, but he’s wasted here he could probably do with a move to a club like Leeds, Bielsa would get the best out of him imo.

Greenwood not convinced he’s an out and out centre forward personally

Unread 10-01-2021, 01:44 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Rewatched the game again and McTom played really well in the 1st half after scoring his goal, loads of running around that’s a bit deceptive but his general play was good, although he stunk out the place a bit 2nd half and reverted back to do that thing he does ‘hiding in open space’. He’s a good impact sub but he shouldn’t be starting games United. But if we persist I think his strongest position is further forward, he looks a threat.

Van de Beek was good but a bit patchy, he uses the ball really well and rarely gives it away which is a pleasure to see from our collection of midfields but as someone pointed out on here he does have a tendency of letting the game pass him by from time to time. But I’m hoping that’s more of issue of rhythm once he starts playing more often it will go away.

Dan James he tries bless him and he had a decent 10-15 mins in the 1st half but he’s simply not good enough for this level. he gets himself in great positions with his pace but he’s completely braindead he kind of reminds me of Theo Walcott towards the end of his spell at Arsenal. I would have more faith in him if we had a proper coach who could help develop his game, but he’s wasted here he could probably do with a move to a club like Leeds, Bielsa would get the best out of him imo.

Greenwood not convinced he’s an out and out centre forward personally
My guess is that he is now playing in a system (fast break) which is very different to the on he is used to (possession football). I would imagine he would look better in, for example, the city team. Needs time to adapt and for us to better utilise his skills.

Unread 10-01-2021, 01:47 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Rewatched the game again....
MOST DEDICATED FREDSTER 2021

won in January...

Unread 10-01-2021, 01:54 PM
puressence

Quote:
Alright Ole chill out mate, McTom was good in the 1st half but poor in the 2nd

https://twitter.com/TheManUtdWay/sta...32494055149570

What does that even mean? Cause he runs around?
Another @#%&! who contributes £#%&! all to the site. U Palmer Carlton all the same @#%&!

Unread 10-01-2021, 02:12 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Another @#%&! who contributes £#%&! all to the site. U Palmer Carlton all the same @#%&!
Objection!

Carlton, whether or not you agree with his politics, contributes a lot to the forum. He writes detailed posts, shares lots of links and has probably encouraged more discussion on certain threads than the vast majority of us.

Unread 10-01-2021, 02:16 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Objection!

Carlton, whether or not you agree with his politics, contributes a lot to the forum. He writes detailed posts, shares lots of links and has probably encouraged more discussion on certain threads than the vast majority of us.

Unread 10-01-2021, 02:19 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
He does! Even if it’s just a load of the FCP (Fred Communist Party) telling him how wrong he is! Dunno what measly would do without him now either.

Unread 10-01-2021, 02:29 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
That well known Manchester suburb of Scotland.

Unread 10-01-2021, 02:31 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit

Unread 10-01-2021, 03:46 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Objection!

Ned clearly rattled at someone dissing his sockie account.

Unread 10-01-2021, 04:21 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Another c*** who contributes f*** all to the site. U Palmer Carlton all the same c***
They’re all WUMs

Unread 10-01-2021, 08:56 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
That well known Manchester suburb of Scotland.
Though if you go back a few generations that is basically true