United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 07-05-2024, 09:57 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
There’s not a manager on the planet could turn United around whilst the current ownership model remains.

The sponsors have the silver bullet imo, not any future manager.
this might be true, but 10h is still shit. I can see a case for saying give sir jim more time, but not 10h.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post
McClaren in as caretaker?
might be the only job for which he is qualified.

a tidy dressing room would help the players focus.

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:00 AM
75Red

Has he gone yet?

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:01 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by 75Red View Post
Has he gone yet?
Jem will always be here

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:03 AM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Jem will always be here

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:11 AM
Lok

Sky really turned on him last night. They've been critical of the players for a while but last night they were openly criticising him. The post match interview was the most difficult one he has faced with the interviewer openly asking questions about his job and whether he is the right man.

Most of us have known for 6 months that he's out of his depth but it seems the media are finally catching on. Get rid after Arsenal and let a caretaker bring in a feel good factor again in the hope of a flukey cup final win. Then get the new full time guy in asap.

I still can't get over the fact that he wouldn't even meet with Rangnick. He'd been with the players for months and had the inside scoop on all of them. He openly called out the fact that they weren't good enough and we needed a major rebuild. EtH just brushed him aside and claimed we just needed minor changes. 2 years later and it's worse than ever. It's an absolute farce.

Absolute bluffer:

He keeps going on about how it's only our 4th defeat of 2024. Like it's a good think and a sign of progress. Top teams only lose 3 or 4 all season ffs.

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:23 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok View Post
Sky really turned on him last night. They've been critical of the players for a while but last night they were openly criticising him. The post match interview was the most difficult one he has faced with the interviewer openly asking questions about his job and whether he is the right man.

Most of us have known for 6 months that he's out of his depth but it seems the media are finally catching on. Get rid after Arsenal and let a caretaker bring in a feel good factor again in the hope of a flukey cup final win. Then get the new full time guy in asap.

I still can't get over the fact that he wouldn't even meet with Rangnick. He'd been with the players for months and had the inside scoop on all of them. He openly called out the fact that they weren't good enough and we needed a major rebuild. EtH just brushed him aside and claimed we just needed minor changes. 2 years later and it's worse than ever. It's an absolute farce.

Absolute bluffer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwcYpGYHJLE

He keeps going on about how it's only our 4th defeat of 2024. Like it's a good think and a sign of progress. Top teams only lose 3 or 4 all season ffs.
Tbf to him re not meeting Ralf, he knew he had to get the players on side immediately and probably also knew he wouldn’t have been allowed to ship out 10+ first teamers in his first window and replace them.

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:34 AM
jem

Quote:
Jem will always be here
not true. but you will always have the search function.

or you could do what you normally do and just make up something you think I might have said to give you something to argue against.

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:40 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Absolute bluffer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwcYpGYHJLE

#
only 4 defeats in 2024??? thats what hes hanging his £#%&!ing hat on?

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:43 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
not true. but you will always have the search function.

or you could do what you normally do and just make up something you think I might have said to give you something to argue against.
u ok pal?

It was just a quip because you were the last post before he said is he still here. It's not that deep that's what she said

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:43 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

might be the only job for which he is qualified.

a tidy dressing room would help the players focus.
Got to get the little things right. Tidy dressing room - tidy passing - tidy finishing.

Unread 07-05-2024, 10:49 AM
jem

Quote:
It was just a quip because you were the last post before he said is he still here.
I am aware of this. of course she wouldn't be deep enough for me, buddy.

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:02 AM
Lok

I wonder what the players think of him. There was a lot of rumours that they weren't happy with the way DDG, Ronaldo and Sancho were treated. Between the 3 of them they probably covered most of the cliques and personalities within the squad. So to £#%&! it up will all 3 of them was a pretty spectacular mistake with hindsight.

He ditched DDG at the last minute when it looked like we were going to give him a contract. His replacement has come in and looked like a downgrade.

Ronaldo was clearly not at the level we need as a starting player but can't help but think the whole thing was managed very poorly. Obviously Ronaldo made mistakes too but all the stuff about the miscarriage etc... paint a very poor picture. Great managers find a way to manage situations and he failed.

Sancho wasn't performing and was taking the piss but again, EtH failed to find a solution.

It's poor man management and you can't help but think the squad hold it against him. They've clearly lost faith in the tactics and are beyond demoralised. Even players like Antony seem pissed off by him.

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:06 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok View Post
They've clearly lost faith in the tactics
have they ever had faith in the tactics?

I know I haven't.

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:43 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

McClaren in as caretaker?

I just can’t see it happening before the final.
He does look like one tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Jem will always be here

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:46 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
have they ever had faith in the tactics?

I know I haven't.
They seemed to for a period from Sep '22 to Feb '23. Then we got smashed by Liverpool and it all went to shit.

Unread 07-05-2024, 11:54 AM
BigRonManager

The man’s painful to watch. He’s obviously one of these that scrambles desperately to find any stat he thinks reflects well on us then keeps vomiting it out ad nauseum. “Only four losses” my God… What loser-speak.

Is he really attempting to suggest we’re hard to beat when everyone with a pair of eyes can see we’re one of the easiest teams to play against in the entire league? Even teams like Luton outplay us. What saves us time and again is their lack of quality in finishing us off.

He’s utterly out of his lane, and if he thinks the support is testimony of any kind of approval he must be mad. It’s pure defiance, nothing more.

Unread 07-05-2024, 12:29 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRonManager
The man’s painful to watch. He’s obviously one of these that scrambles desperately to find any stat he thinks reflects well on us then keeps vomiting it out ad nauseum. “Only four losses” my God… What loser-speak.

Is he really attempting to suggest we’re hard to beat when everyone with a pair of eyes can see we’re one of the easiest teams to play against in the entire league? Even teams like Luton outplay us. What saves us time and again is their lack of quality in finishing us off.

He’s utterly out of his lane, and if he thinks the support is testimony of any kind of approval he must be mad. It’s pure defiance, nothing more.

bit out of order posting about him when he's on holiday in NYC isn't it?

Unread 07-05-2024, 12:44 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
bit out of order posting about him when he's on holiday in NYC isn't it?
Ffs

Unread 07-05-2024, 12:45 PM
Time For Heroes

Apparently he was complaining about 'squad depth' this week and said that it needed to improve if we are to challenge. I'm sorry, but if everyone was fit we'd have one of the most bloated under-achieving squads in the league. We have two keepers, both bought by him and one of which he refuses to play despite him buying him, we have two RBs, two LBs and about 6 CBs. McT, Case, Eriksen, Mainoo, Bruno and Amrabat for the 3 midfield slots and Rashers, Garnacho, Antony, Amad for the wingers (and that's without Greenwood and Sancho). Up top we have Hojlund and Martial and regardless what we think of any of these players we are definitely not lacking in depth if he has signed and is playing these players week in, week out. We don't need depth, we need quality and ambition, maybe hell, even a bit of £#%&!ing desire.

Unread 07-05-2024, 01:18 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I wonder what the players think of him. There was a lot of rumours that they weren't happy with the way DDG, Ronaldo and Sancho were treated. Between the 3 of them they probably covered most of the cliques and personalities within the squad. So to £#%&! it up will all 3 of them was a pretty spectacular mistake with hindsight.

He ditched DDG at the last minute when it looked like we were going to give him a contract. His replacement has come in and looked like a downgrade.

Ronaldo was clearly not at the level we need as a starting player but can't help but think the whole thing was managed very poorly. Obviously Ronaldo made mistakes too but all the stuff about the miscarriage etc... paint a very poor picture. Great managers find a way to manage situations and he failed.

Sancho wasn't performing and was taking the piss but again, EtH failed to find a solution.

It's poor man management and you can't help but think the squad hold it against him. They've clearly lost faith in the tactics and are beyond demoralised. Even players like Antony seem pissed off by him.
I suspect a fair few are faking injuries atm.

Irrespective of what happens to egg head, these players need rooting out and excommunicating.