United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:09 PM
Chris Quayd

Comes to something when a performance as rancid as his against Fulham barely warrants discussion. So much wrong with it but so utterly predictable. I'm noticing more and more that the team is just playing around him, only giving him the ball in a situation where even he would struggle to £#%&! or when there is no other option.

One move that summed him up was midway through the second half, he managed his first decent piece of play with a nice control and touch approaching Fulham's final third. Martial was 20 yards away and in space between two defenders, just needed a well weighted pass and he was in on goal. Of course Rom under-hit it, he seemingly has no ability to control the power behind his passes. So 5 minutes later the ball is played into him and instead of trying a risky ball he plays it simple. Now on the one hand I respect his self-awareness, he realises he is shit and he doesn't want to mess up two attacks in quick succession. But the fact he doesn't have either the ability or the stones to play risky balls at 2-0 up against Fulham says it all about him.

Already passed the nrat line but after a bounce when Ole came in his belief is draining away, he realises that he doesn't fit because he isn't good enough. He felt embiggened to speak out about poor team performances under Mou because he was no worse than most, now he's done and we just have to hope he can bag some goals in some dead rubbers to keep his value up or write him off now and introduce Greenwood.

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:13 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Comes to something when a performance as rancid as his against Fulham barely warrants discussion. So much wrong with it but so utterly predictable. I'm noticing more and more that the team is just playing around him, only giving him the ball in a situation where even he would struggle to £#%&! or when there is no other option.

One move that summed him up was midway through the second half, he managed his first decent piece of play with a nice control and touch approaching Fulham's final third. Martial was 20 yards away and in space between two defenders, just needed a well weighted pass and he was in on goal. Of course Rom under-hit it, he seemingly has no ability to control the power behind his passes. So 5 minutes later the ball is played into him and instead of trying a risky ball he plays it simple. Now on the one hand I respect his self-awareness, he realises he is shit and he doesn't want to mess up two attacks in quick succession. But the fact he doesn't have either the ability or the stones to play risky balls at 2-0 up against Fulham says it all about him.

Already passed the nrat line but after a bounce when Ole came in his belief is draining away, he realises that he doesn't fit because he isn't good enough. He felt embiggened to speak out about poor team performances under Mou because he was no worse than most, now he's done and we just have to hope he can bag some goals in some dead rubbers to keep his value up or write him off now and introduce Greenwood.

he will be gone in the summer, there's a few players Ole doesn't want when he gets the job and he's one of them we will have to take a massive hit on him obviously but we need to get rid, he knows he's going too, he will only start games to give others a rest ....but given how abject he is I'd rather have one of the kids playing or at least try and squeeze something out of Sanchez before he £#%&!s off too

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:13 PM
S/Side.Red

Yep. Even outside of not being top level I think he's declining anyway. Basically he's been much worse this season than last.

Big part of the job now is to try and make him look good in some of these lesser fixtures so that Everton or some other idiots take him.

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:16 PM
Switching Off

Feel a bit bad for the lad. Clearly a prolific goalscorer at international level. Juve interested still?

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Players know btw

Watch Young's face when Rom gets snided in the jeans convo from 0:56

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep. Even outside of not being top level I think he's declining anyway. Basically he's been much worse this season than last.

Big part of the job now is to try and make him look good in some of these lesser fixtures so that Everton or some other idiots take him.
He’s not fit enough. The lean Rom that arrive in 2017 would do a bloody good job in the current side, that thing wearing the number 9 now? Nah.

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:27 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

when was lukaku mentioned in the jeans part? i heard nothing but mongs talking about the gram.....young with a single glove too.
1:21 the mixed race guy suggests Lukaku.

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:28 PM
Whalefish

I was about to say there's a huge size difference in the one signed several years ago, and the one wobbling around on the pitch this season. Is it just a weights thing?

His first touch would still be shit but at least he might have a bit more mobility if he dropped down a bit.

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I was about to say there's a huge size difference in the one signed several years ago, and the one wobbling around on the pitch this season. Is it just a weights thing?

His first touch would still be shit but at least he might have a bit more mobility if he dropped down a bit.
Dunno what it is. He alluded to having bulked up muscle wise back end of last season for the WC he’s miles heavier and just doesn’t look as sharp or mobile, and as such his confidence is shot too.

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:31 PM
armchair

watch this and watch lukaku in it.

it's sad as £#%&!.

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:31 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He’s not fit enough. The lean Rom that arrive in 2017 would do a bloody good job in the current side, that thing wearing the number 9 now? Nah.
It’s his own £#%&!ing fault. This bizarre obsession footballer’s have these days with bodybuilding. How many elite attacking players are built like brick shithouses? How many top class centre halves?

Football is a game of fitness and endurance, not a test of strength. The players who pile on the muscle end up impairing their ability and also putting a lot of stress on their bodies. Look at that thick lump of shit Kompany. He’s ruined his career by becoming too heavy and £#%&!ing up his body.

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:35 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
It’s his own £#%&!ing fault. This bizarre obsession footballer’s have these days with bodybuilding. How many elite attacking players are built like brick shithouses? How many top class centre halves?

Football is a game of fitness and endurance, not a test of strength. The players who pile on the muscle end up impairing their ability and also putting a lot of stress on their bodies. Look at that thick lump of shit Kompany. He’s ruined his career by becoming too heavy and £#%&!ing up his body.
being lean is key. Ronny has such little body fat its unreal. But you would defo say he is built and muscular

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

Oh definitely. He never needed to bulk up, just needed to be more assertive and aggressive (not marlo’s mate) and impose himself, £#%&! knows what made him think he needed to bulk for the WC I don’t think it’s too difficult to get fitter and leaner though, just doesn’t seem to have tried.

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Tbh I do think his limitations are exposed a little at the highest level, but a prime Rom would at least be useful. He got 27 goals in his debut season last year. Nine so far so set for a huge drop-off. I think he even spoke about changing his condition but hasn't done it.

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:41 PM
dunk

Should have been sent to fat camp to sort his shit out like they did with Rooney imo.

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:42 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
1:21 the mixed race guy suggests Lukaku.
ahh i see now.....i bet he'd laugh at lolkaku in any context of his name being brought up with football

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
ahh i see now.....i bet he'd laugh at lolkaku in any context of his name being brought up with football
Does feel that way. Just the mention of his name is the lead into bants.

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
watch this and watch lukaku in it.

https://youtu.be/3d-lm6v8yfQ

it's sad as £#%&!.
He’s just stood there

Unread 11-02-2019, 10:54 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Does feel that way. Just the mention of his name is the lead into bants.

Unread 11-02-2019, 11:35 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

Memphis seemed to bulk up quite a bit when we signed him too.

Lukaku just looks fat though
Closed Thread