United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-07-2010, 11:38 AM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Default Re: louis saha

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Saha did "click" at United imo, it's just when we actually made him 1st choice up front, he couldn't handle it and became a sicknote.
I thought i was on fire till we brought Larson in for a busmans holiday. Couldnt handle being dropped when in form and became a sick note after that. Well that was my take on it. Very disappointed he never sorted himself out after.

Unread 15-07-2010, 11:41 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyOnMyBack
I thought i was on fire till we brought Larson in for a busmans holiday. Couldnt handle being dropped when in form and became a sick note after that. Well that was my take on it. Very disappointed he never sorted himself out after.
Hi Louis.

We miss you.

Unread 15-07-2010, 11:43 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyOnMyBack
The tipping point with Saha was surely Celtic away when he missed that pen?

Remember, the one where Gary Nev knew his head had gone and was reportedly heard to utter 'he'll miss this'?

Pretty certain that incident took place before Larsson arrived. Saha's mental and physical fragility was the very reason Larsson was brought in.

Unread 15-07-2010, 11:57 AM
MonkeyOnMyBack

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
The tipping point with Saha was surely Celtic away when he missed that pen?

Remember, the one where Gary Nev knew his head had gone and was reportedly heard to utter 'he'll miss this'?

Pretty certain that incident took place before Larsson arrived. Saha's mental and physical fragility was the very reason Larsson was brought in.

Fair point. Though we didnt exaclty give up on him then either. i just doubt bringing in a 35 year old to replace him helped his confidance. We really missed Louis' touch and speed with the ball at the time. Sometimes he was unplayable. Maybe just let someone else take the penos.

Dunk - I am Louis and you win a prize
Closed Thread