United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:17 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
If only our Brazilian geriatric wasn’t injured
…he’d have been subbed off at half time for a helium filled balloon with a picture of Fred on it.

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:21 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Potter won’t be the next manager of United ffs .
Let's hope your right but this is the same club that gave David Moyes the job so we would have to be very naive to totely rule it out

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:23 PM
Danoli

We will be a different proposition once we get the players back from injury.

I honestly think we will do very well in the second half of the season.

However, that Mainoo / The Scottish Player change

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:24 PM
Lok

He thinks we played really well in the second half and that the front 3 worked well

He's got to stop saying this shit. Call a spade a spade and ruthlessly get rid of the players that are constant let downs. Play more kids if we have to.

It's the only way out if this hole.

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:27 PM
silv

i had to listen on the radio today… did Rashford celebrate his goal?

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:28 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Incredible that.

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:28 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
He thinks we played really well in the second half and that the front 3 worked well

He's got to stop saying this shit. Call a spade a spade and ruthlessly get rid of the players that are constant let downs. Play more kids if we have to.

He’d be better off using the spade than calling it names.

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:29 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
Yep the manager has to stay.

So basically this club belong to ETH, regardless of him failing at his job, he has to stay
Go have a £#%&! on a Sancho quilt you bunch of quilts

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:29 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Another thing that’s changed from last season. He was far more honest about where we were in terms of progress. He’s doing the opposite now. Maybe he’s playing it down to protect the players in public, I don’t know, but he surely can’t believe half the stuff he’s saying now. We did not play well. Not in the slightest.

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:32 PM
Denis Irwell

Both their goals came in areas you’d expect Mainoo to be. operating. That’s his job and he normally does it well. We’ll never know if he would have influenced outcomes but £#%&!ing McTom certainly didn’t

Another brainless sub, I can onto think he’d decided Forest posed little threat and he expected McTom to snatch a goal. Who £#%&!ing knows. Mainoo has been one of our most effective players so let’s sub him eh?

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Both their goals came in areas you’d expect Mainoo to be. operating. That’s his job and he normally does it well. We’ll never know if he would have influenced outcomes but £#%&!ing McTom certainly didn’t

Another brainless sub, I can onto think he’d decided Forest posed little threat and he expected McTom to snatch a goal. Who £#%&!ing knows. Mainoo has been one of our most effective players so let’s sub him eh?
I don't really know what he's thinking with that sub. We had so little presence or control in midfield he decides to throw on a guy who spends the next half an hour hiding in plain sight.

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:36 PM
Stickman

He hates midfield ffs

I worry for Jem if this continues much longer.

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:36 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Another thing that’s changed from last season. He was far more honest about where we were in terms of progress. He’s doing the opposite now. Maybe he’s playing it down to protect the players in public, I don’t know, but he surely can’t believe half the stuff he’s saying now. We did not play well. Not in the slightest.
I’ve stopped watching his pressers. Just winds me up even more.

About the same time i stopped watching Ole and Mourinho’s conferences too funnily enough.

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:38 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
We will be a different proposition once we get the players back from injury.
we'll be better with better players, but the manager will still be an idiot.

he has no clue how to set out a team and he also prefers less effective players even given options. the mistakes he is making are #@&%!ed.

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:41 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
The Scottish Player for Mainoo - nobody can explain it and The Scottish Player costs us the game.

Last season, EtH's substitutions were superb.
With all due respect, no they weren't

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:42 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I don't really know what he's thinking with that sub. We had so little presence or control in midfield he decides to throw on a guy who spends the next half an hour hiding in plain sight.
As per… and he offers no explanation, other than “no regrets “.

Unread 30-12-2023, 09:55 PM
Ethers

The sub was because Forest were barely pressing us in our half, we were able to advance the ball pretty easily without much pressure , so some of Mainoo’s skill set wasn’t really needed. The Scottish Player is undoubtedly better at making things happen in the final third of the pitch, and we’d not created much, so the gaffer gambled that we wouldn’t miss Mainoo too much, and would benefit from The Scottish Player getting on the end of some chances.

It didn’t work out, and I don’t think it was a good substitution - there were other moves to be made. But it wasn’t random, and there is at least some justification behind it.

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:00 PM
Lok

Quote:
The sub was because Forest were barely pressing us in our half, we were able to advance the ball pretty easily without much pressure , so some of Mainoo’s skill set wasn’t really needed. The Scottish Player is undoubtedly better at making things happen in the final third of the pitch, and we’d not created much, so the gaffer gambled that we wouldn’t miss Mainoo too much, and would benefit from The Scottish Player getting on the end of some chances.

It didn’t work out, and I don’t think it was a good substitution - there were other moves to be made. But it wasn’t random, and there is at least some justification behind it.
True, but he got it wrong. Again. Erikksen should have come off.

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:00 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

How is he going to get on the end of things in the box when he’s playing as a 6
I could understand if he’s playing one of the 8 roles but he’s not going to be a goal threat as the deepest midfielder

Made no sense

Unread 30-12-2023, 10:01 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
True, but he got it wrong. Again. Erikksen should have come off.
Yeah he definitely made the wrong call, and I think it’s stupid him saying he has no regrets.