United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-12-2023, 11:17 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
"over-playing". They're professional athletes who have to perform at their optimum for around 5 or 6 hours out of 168 hours per week.
Who knew fatigue wasn’t a thing. Why does anybody rest players?

Unread 15-12-2023, 11:23 AM
Lok

He played Shaw 6 times in 16 days, fresh off of a 3 month injury. It's no wonder he got injured again.

The way injuries are managed at this club is horrific. It's no wonder half the squad is unavailable.

Unread 15-12-2023, 11:34 AM
est.1878

Yeah, no real squad depth is the underlying cause rather than poor medical staff that gets mentioned imv. Players should be phased in for 20 mins when retuning, not full 90s (100s..). It's an obvious death spiral

Unread 15-12-2023, 11:36 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I tend to share the same blind optimism, but thinking something is going to click and this lot are going turn into world beaters just because we will miss few midweek games is mental.

Unless we are going to get a complete new defence and replace the likes of Antony, Rashford, Onana and The Scottish Player. Which we're not. I'd be surprised if ten hag gets any money at all in January, given his past record on signings and the fact the Radcliffe investment has yet to be confirmed.
Don't worry, we will soon have people saying we don't play enough games to keep people match sharp or something equally ridiculous

Unread 15-12-2023, 11:44 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I tend to share the same blind optimism, but thinking something is going to click and this lot are going turn into world beaters just because we will miss few midweek games is mental.

Unless we are going to get a complete new defence and replace the likes of Antony, Rashford, Onana and The Scottish Player. Which we're not. I'd be surprised if ten hag gets any money at all in January, given his past record on signings and the fact the Radcliffe investment has yet to be confirmed.
It's pretty simple - we just need to replace the entire squad and not actually play any games

Unread 15-12-2023, 02:12 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Who doesn’t score goals the United way

Negligence of the highest order not securing another striker over the summer. Ah well.
Or even signing a decent back up in January expecting to sign Hojlund in the summer.

When you’re broke and the owners don’t care…

It’s piss poor planning.

Unread 15-12-2023, 03:09 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Don't worry, we will soon have people saying we don't play enough games to keep people match sharp or something equally ridiculous
We've got 2 games in January so expect this excuse early February.

Unread 15-12-2023, 03:42 PM
marlo

Oh so now we should have signed a striker as we will need goals.

thought mason mount was that vital part of the jigsaw to help us get goals.

who would have thought a team with a front three of rashford, Hojlund and Antony would struggle to score goals in the hardest league in the world

it’s the same people thinking a coach who can’t get anything near decent football from a squad full of internationals will suddenly make things work with better resources.

cant manage £100, you won’t be able to manage £1000.

Unread 15-12-2023, 04:42 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Why does anybody rest players?
Because 'rest' sounds better than 'drop'.

Highly trained professional footballers shouldn't be tired before the halfway point of the season.

I don't think United's players appear tired or fatigued anyway. That's not why performances are poor.

Unread 15-12-2023, 05:41 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Unread 16-12-2023, 01:14 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Happy to wish him well.
Me to.

I would Ratcliffe to give him a chance, to see what he can do under a properly run structured club but....

I think Ratcliffe and his crew will want to go in a different direction.

Unread 16-12-2023, 01:39 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
Me to.

I would Ratcliffe to give him a chance, to see what he can do under a properly run structured club but....

I think Ratcliffe and his crew will want to go in a different direction.
He was good from October 22-Feb 23. That’s more or less it, English football isn’t for him.

Unread 16-12-2023, 02:16 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
He was good from October 22-Feb 23. That’s more or less it, English football isn’t for him.
The club is such a mess it's hard to fairly judge him.

6 managers in 10 years (Mourinho, Van Gaal) it doesn't matter who you bring in into a poorly run club, they will all fail.

Same thing with Chelsea, Potter & Poch were successful in the Premier league until they went to that mess.

Unread 16-12-2023, 03:24 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by
westcoastvan;6021466
The club is such a mess it's hard to fairly judge him.

6 managers in 10 years (Mourinho, Van Gaal) it doesn't matter who you bring in into a poorly run club, they will all fail.

Same thing with Chelsea, Potter & Poch were successful in the Premier league until they went to that mess.
Maybe, but then the eye test during his tenure also tells me he has no idea how to approach away games.

Unread 16-12-2023, 08:04 AM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Maybe, but then the eye test during his tenure also tells me he has no idea how to approach away games.
I won't argue with that one.

My concern with bringing in Ten Hag was his lack of experience. A large part of the fanbase were convinced he was going to be the next Pep or Klopp, when....

he's only managed at the highest level in the Dutch league. Pep and Klopp did years at other major clubs in Europe before coming to the Premier League.

All that inexperience is coming home to roost, the abysmal transfers, Zlatan's observation of man managing superstars, & the overtraining in the most competitive & schedule demanding league in Europe.

I have to wonder how many of them were playing for him, or simply motivated on high octane dreams of Qatari ownership.

That being said....I still think he is a better option than Potter.

Unread 16-12-2023, 11:43 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up

Quote:

My concern with bringing in Ten Hag was his lack of experience. A large part of the fanbase were convinced he was going to be the next Pep or Klopp, when....

he's only managed at the highest level in the Dutch league. Pep and Klopp did years at other major clubs in Europe before coming to the Premier League.

All that inexperience is coming home to roost, the abysmal transfers, Zlatan's observation of man managing superstars, & the overtraining in the most competitive & schedule demanding league in Europe.

I have to wonder how many of them were playing for him, or simply motivated on high octane dreams of Qatari ownership.

Well put.

Potter is a terrible shout, agreed.

Unread 16-12-2023, 12:29 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Well put.

Potter is a terrible shout, agreed.

Only Southgate would be worse

Unread 16-12-2023, 12:38 PM
Chorlton74

We'd be better of with Brian Potter. Keith Laird as his number 2. woof.

Unread 16-12-2023, 12:51 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Motivated on high octane dreams of Qatari ownership

Utter drivel.

Unread 16-12-2023, 01:03 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Motivated on high octane dreams of Qatari ownership

Utter drivel.
I’m not at all sure it is drivel.

World class players would be crawling over broken glass to sign for a Qatari owned United and I’d happily bet we would be suddenly seeing incredible resurgences of form from some current players.
Closed Thread