United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Zlatan, new contract?
Yes 13 36.11%
Let's see how things pan out with the knee 23 63.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 09-05-2017, 10:55 AM
jem

offering someone a bonus for scoring a goal is just nonsense.

Unread 09-05-2017, 11:09 AM
shenwen

No. We've had a good season out of him. Beat expectations. Added a bit of character to the club. Out of all the clubs he's played for, though, we owe him the least. And it's not like he's getting better as he gets older. Pay to play or goodbye.

Unread 09-05-2017, 11:14 AM
MJ Ramone

No of course not.
Nothing personal but we need to start putting a side together based on youth & pace. It's long overdue.

He's a ludicrous talent on his day, but I can't be doing with this kind of %@#$&!s - Releasing statements to show off about his magic knees.

Unread 09-05-2017, 11:29 AM
guerreiro

His knee was so strong it buckled and snapped under his own weight...pfft

Unread 09-05-2017, 11:31 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
His knee was so strong it buckled and snapped under his own weight...pfft
Hawking like understanding of physics there.

Unread 09-05-2017, 11:33 AM
Rorschach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
No of course not.
Nothing personal but we need to start putting a side together based on youth & pace. It's long overdue.
Some good posts on here. He's helped us this year but the plan has to be to move on and develop this squad. The time for stop gaps should now be over as Mourinho gets stuck into his second summer transfer window. Hopefully, this will include some leaders to take the team forward but also happen to be under 36.

Unread 09-05-2017, 12:02 PM
Child of Darkness

Give him a contract as assistant manager . Player assistant manager ?

Seems like his influence is good . So why not keep him in the dressing room

Unread 09-05-2017, 12:08 PM
Dasilvatwins

Big issue here is if he signs that rules out of a first team worldy striker coming in. If jose has the balls to only play ibra 15-20 games...and alter the tactics when certain games which dont suit him then by all means.

However if ibra does sign i do believe zlatan will be number 1 in the pecking order. He is on 250-300k contract.

If he gets rid of rooney then ibra is worth keeping.( provided jose signs another striker)

Unread 09-05-2017, 12:09 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Hawking like understanding of physics there.
Hawking like knee biology

Unread 09-05-2017, 12:21 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

No, you don't build teams around 36 year olds, especially not for the money he earns. It's been an interesting season (might have been more interesting to see Martial, Rashford and Mkhitaryan with a bit of managerial support) but I fear he's on the downslope from here, his ligaments aren't getting any more supple at 36.

Unread 09-05-2017, 12:23 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
Give him a contract as assistant manager . Player assistant manager ?

Seems like his influence is good . So why not keep him in the dressing room
Imagine the absolute press seethe if he did that and took over from Jose, and poor giggles never got the chance. Worth it just for the bantz tbh

Unread 09-05-2017, 12:32 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Imagine the absolute press seethe if he did that and took over from Jose, and poor giggles never got the chance. Worth it just for the bantz tbh
Are you saying that you'd accept Zlat taking over despite bubbling piss all over the hob when the Giggs succession plan was being talked about?

Unread 09-05-2017, 12:41 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Are you saying that you'd accept Zlat taking over despite bubbling piss all over the hob when the Giggs succession plan was being talked about?
Eh? The media wanted giggs to take over....

Unread 09-05-2017, 12:43 PM
Bunker Buster

No.

Goodbye the gloaty samurai

Unread 09-05-2017, 12:58 PM
TheKitchenSink

Yes, make it 2 or 3 years if possible

Unread 09-05-2017, 02:34 PM
sa7

There isn't a "no" option.

Cream, you're a disgrace my friend

Unread 09-05-2017, 03:04 PM
magic_cantona

I'd deffo keep him around as a coach or second choice striker - we're better when he's not having to play 90 minutes every game. Next season, we need a more pace and goals.

He's been wonderful for us, but we're too rigid when things aren't going well. Love the guy but he shouldn't be an automatic starter next season.

Unread 09-05-2017, 03:05 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'd deffo keep him around as a coach or second choice striker - we're better when he's not having to play 90 minutes every game. Next season, we need a more pace and goals.

He's been wonderful for us, but we're too rigid when things aren't going well. Love the guy but he shouldn't be an automatic starter next season.
Back on the drugs pal?

Unread 09-05-2017, 03:10 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Hawking like knee biology

Unread 09-05-2017, 03:15 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Depends
- on who, if anyone is coming in.
- if he needs the world to revolve around him.

If the op has been as successful as it sounds, I don't think his mentality / ego will allow him to be pensioned off to USA , I think he'll want to prove himself again.

If that's the case and the deal and role is right, I'd keep him, as stated too few leaders and mentally tough individuals in the squad.
Is this the first time that Cream has been called successful?
Closed Thread