United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2017, 07:40 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Is he shite? No. is he the quality we need to make us league and European contenders again? Let's see (no).

We'd be pissing ourselves if Liverpool has signed him for 75 million.
It looked like Chelsea were buying him and I can't remember anyone being amused in the slightest/

Unread 07-07-2017, 07:41 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
It looked like Chelsea were buying him and I can't remember anyone being amused in the slightest/
Don't think anyone was arsed in the slightest tbh.

Unread 07-07-2017, 07:50 AM
believe

Quote:
No one was arsed

Unread 07-07-2017, 08:04 AM
RedMenace

We needed a striker and the only available and realistic ones that were anywhere near the required level appear to have been Morata, Lukaku, Lacazette, and potentially Belotti. At least we know Lukaku will score goals in the Premier League. If Lacazette can do it in England then he'll turn out to be a smart signing but he's a gamble and so would Morata or Belotti be, both of whom would cost at least as much as Lukaku.

Unread 07-07-2017, 08:06 AM
AK14

Not only was he shit at OT the past couple of seasons but he was also shit in the Fa Cup semi final against us

But his overall record speaks for it self, he's the type of forward who thrives in the premier league and is the type of player we've been missing for a while. The football might not be pretty but he'll get us goals which is something we were lacking last year and if he can improve his link up play we could possibly have a very dangerous attack.

Unread 07-07-2017, 08:08 AM
Crumps

Quote:
No one was arsed
So not laughing, no mocking? If he was as shit as you make out there'd be plenty of piss taking.

Unread 07-07-2017, 08:10 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Not only was he shit at OT the past couple of seasons but he was also shit in the Fa Cup semi final against us

But his overall record speaks for it self, he's the type of forward who thrives in the premier league and is the type of player we've been missing for a while. The football might not be pretty but he'll get us goals which is something we were lacking last year and if he can improve his link up play we could possibly have a very dangerous attack.

Unread 07-07-2017, 08:12 AM
20 times

Looked at my bank balance and £75m appears to have gone out last night. Not sure how I'll pay my bills now

Unread 07-07-2017, 08:20 AM
believe

Quote:
So not laughing, no mocking? If he was as shit as you make out there'd be plenty of piss taking.
Never once have I said that he is shit.

Unread 07-07-2017, 08:22 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Never once have I said that he is shit.

Like a £#%&!ing woman

Unread 07-07-2017, 08:23 AM
Billy Redface

Thumbs down

Quote:

Like a £#%&!ing woman
Grown woman

Unread 07-07-2017, 08:23 AM
Luffy

People talk about lukaku as if he's nothing but a brute!

He's a good athlete, scores all types of goals and can carry the ball well. the question marks are around his hold up play and work rate when team is up against it.

Dunno if it's a better signing than morata but he's a very dangerous striker and we'll be stronger for him.

Unread 07-07-2017, 08:25 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
We needed a striker and the only available and realistic ones that were anywhere near the required level appear to have been Morata, Lukaku, Lacazette, and potentially Belotti. At least we know Lukaku will score goals in the Premier League. If Lacazette can do it in England then he'll turn out to be a smart signing but he's a gamble and so would Morata or Belotti be, both of whom would cost at least as much as Lukaku.
Pretty much this.... the fees touted have been so high because there's actually very few quality '9's available. Lukaku is actually a fairly sensible, almost safe bet compared to the others. Scored a hatful in a fairly average Everton side... he had the likes of schneiderlin behind him in midfield ffs.... you've got to presume in a side which creates a lot more he's going to score a lot more.

On balance I probably would have preferred morata, but he'd have been a bigger gamble nqat. Surely there still has to be another attacker incoming, as our only true backup for lukaku would be Rashford. Perisic must be coming, you'd think.

20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
People talk about lukaku as if he's nothing but a brute!

He's a good athlete, scores all types of goals and can carry the ball well. the question marks are around his hold up play and work rate when team is up against it.

Dunno if it's a better signing than morata but he's a very dangerous striker and we'll be stronger for him.
I think we should have signed someone else like Lacazette. I've never seen him play but he's definitely better than Lukaku.

puressence

30 plus striker ..

Unread 07-07-2017, 08:34 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Absolutely meaningless. One FA cup medal between them in that period.

Unread 07-07-2017, 08:36 AM
20 times

Quote:
Absolutely meaningless. One FA cup medal between them in that period.
City won the league in 2014
They also won the league cup in 2014 and 2016
Arsenal won 3 fa cups in that period too

Apart from that, good post

Unread 07-07-2017, 08:40 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
They also won the league cup in 2016

believe really has zero idea when it comes to football tbh.

Unread 07-07-2017, 08:42 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
believe really has zero idea when it comes to football tbh.
Tbf he was only out by 6 trophies

Poggers and Rommers

Unread 07-07-2017, 08:43 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
They also won the league cup in 2014 and 2016

You get my point
Closed Thread