Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-05-2010, 03:27 PM
waynes ear's

Default Re: berbs is staying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Delighted for Berbs.

Been here two seasons, two league cups, 1st and second in the Prem and a CL final. Good start tbh.
agreed

Unread 22-05-2010, 05:55 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

Before we go on rafabio, united are absolutely skint so ignore tribalfootball etc stories about us signing £40m players.
as if I need you to tell me that

a big signing is on the way though

Unread 22-05-2010, 06:03 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Delighted for Berbs.

Been here two seasons, two league cups, 1st and second in the Prem and a CL final. Good start tbh.
and he's done absolutely £#%&! all in any of it.

Unread 22-05-2010, 06:07 PM
wiganste

He'll be sold imo but if he stays, que sera sera.

Unread 22-05-2010, 06:10 PM
Pop

He should be hanged. I think he'd understand.

Unread 22-05-2010, 07:21 PM
Alan

Translated as 'no £#%&!er wants the useless @#%&! who I paid £30m for but only play in easy games to justify his massive fee and wages'.

Unread 22-05-2010, 07:33 PM
originalhogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
He should be hanged. I think he'd understand.
It's what he would of wanted, tbh.....

Unread 22-05-2010, 08:08 PM
ScarFace

If he was hanged, somebody would have to guide his head into the noose, otherwise the @#%&!s boot would come off and he'd miss.

Unread 22-05-2010, 08:17 PM
thatsfuctit

love a bit of vitriol for the shirts.

Unread 23-05-2010, 01:43 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
love a bit of vitriol for the shirts.
yeah you can't beat a bit of player bashing from other reds

cos let's face it, it's entirely justified and not at all a lynch mob mentality.

you should see what chelsea fans say about anelka at stamford bridge, pity the striker that scores less than berbatov in a season

Unread 23-05-2010, 03:33 PM
ScarFace

Anelka may of gotton 1or2 less but i'd bet a hell of alot more of his goals were not nothing ones like Berbatovs.

Scores when 3nil up against dogshit teams.

He's £#%&! and i hate him so baddly it burns my arse hole.

Unread 23-05-2010, 03:55 PM
red in cumbria

Your problem, not his. Nft

Unread 23-05-2010, 04:43 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Your problem, not his. Nft
Come on the cum, you think this donkey is a good striker? did you see his constant misses infront of goal atall?

He's dog shit.

Unread 23-05-2010, 04:50 PM
red in cumbria

Look, we all know you don't rate Berbs mate

But "hating" one of our players has always struck me as just a bit, you know,

I didn't even "hate" the likes of Dj-Dj or Miller - it was obvious to everybody including SAF that they were nowhere near good enough to even be a squad player for us, so they were £#%&!ed off. If he decides to keep DB another season, it must be because Fergie thinks he still has something to offer us; and whilst the boss is sometimes wrong, he isn't very often, is he??

Have faith

Unread 23-05-2010, 04:57 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Look, we all know you don't rate Berbs mate

But "hating" one of our players has always struck me as just a bit, you know,

I didn't even "hate" the likes of Dj-Dj or Miller - it was obvious to everybody including SAF that they were nowhere near good enough to even be a squad player for us, so they were £#%&!ed off. If he decides to keep DB another season, it must be because Fergie thinks he still has something to offer us; and whilst the boss is sometimes wrong, he isn't very often, is he??

Have faith
where do you draw the line at who you can or cant hate at the club....

Glazer and Gill are at the club, is it ok to hate them ?

what about Foster, was it wrong to hate him last week but now its fine.....

what about those who hate Owen, was it ok to hate him when he was scouse but now its wrong to hate him because hes United ?

Berbatov has contributed very little....(unless you read Throbs stats)..and for that i dont like him and want him £#%&!ed off....hes dead wood, a £#%&!in hinderance to progress.....as you say, Fergie does sometimes get it wrong and he also has to save face before he finally admits it.

its gone waaaaaaaay past having faith in the stump

Unread 23-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Tumescent Throb

the stats that show Berbatov's goal return is entirely consistent with that of united's 2nd main goalscorer in the league over each of the past 6 seasons stand unopposed. the one stat above all that people seem to want to ignore is the one that shows only 2 of united's 10 defeats this season were when Berbatov and Rooney started together.

stats don't really count in matters of opinion of course, except in showing that someone's opinion is £#%&!ing daft.

Unread 23-05-2010, 05:12 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

stats don't really count in matters of opinion of course, except in showing that someone's opinion is £#%&!ing daft.
yeah, you can twist stats in anyway you like to show whatever you want

but it doesnt always show the big picture....

but then, thats a bit too much for some people to understand......so they swallow the stats as gospel.....usually the ones at the back of the classroom

Unread 23-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Delighted for Berbs.

This. Good luck Berbs.

Unread 23-05-2010, 05:33 PM
Barracuda

Regardless of how well Berbatov has or hasn't played, the fact remains that on the Clubs books he is their record transfer - a great big asset worth a big £#%&! off amount of money.

As such there is absolutely no chance whatsoever that they will allow a situation to arise where he can leave on a Bosman, and quite rightly so.

It seems to be Club policy to guard against those situations by renewing similar big assets contracts two years before they are due to expire - which I believe is where Berbatov is now? If they don't renew his contract this summer then his value is going to drop like a stone given his age and the fact he is a year nearer being 'free'.

People say we can't sell him now because we'll lose too much money, but the fact is if we don't sell him now and wait we'll lose even more - in effect his value right now is as high as its likely to get.

The only way we don't really lose money (or face) is if we keep him at the Club way beyond his current contract, so that the £30M pays for say 8 years service as opposed to 4.

Under the circumstances I'd be surprised if the Club didn't cash in - he's not getting any younger, he's not considered for 451 or 433 formations, he doesn't appear to be getting to grips with playing for this Club at all ... but he is still a player who could fetch a few quid.

I know SAF says he's not going anywhere and if that's the case then fair enough - but there seems a lot more logical reasons to move him on as opposed to keeping him?

Unread 23-05-2010, 05:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

the stats that show Berbatov's goal return is entirely consistent with that of united's 2nd main goalscorer in the league over each of the past 6 seasons stand uncontested. the one stat above all that people seem to want to ignore is the one that shows only 2 of united's 10 defeats this season were when Berbatov and Rooney started together.
Closed Thread