United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-06-2009, 05:45 PM
borsuk

fletcher pisses all over barry any day of the week. has done for longer than one season as well.

scholes 'a failed striker'. ffs :shakehead:

Unread 02-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

11m is about right for his transfer fee, but £#%&! me the wages are just stupid.

so much for champions league aspirations as well

Unread 02-06-2009, 05:49 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
fletcher pisses all over barry any day of the week. has done for longer than one season as well.

scholes 'a failed striker'. ffs :shakehead:
absolute %@#$&!s.

shredding your legacy as someone who knows abit about football more and more everyday.

fletcher has only been playing as constant high level this season and even that is debatable due to some flaws in his game.

barry averages 40 appearances a season for the last 10 years. 8 goals and 8 assists this season and 9 goals,10 assists last season and you are saying fletcher pisses all over him.

i wonder if someone of you actually watch football

p.s. i havent called scholes a failed striker. dunk implied barry is a failed winger because he used to play out there BUT in the same token scholes used to play upfront so would that make him a failed striker?

p.s. your good friend actim.
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Ac...,12306,00.html
7th.

Unread 02-06-2009, 05:50 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
your legacy
you #@&%!

Unread 02-06-2009, 05:54 PM
marlo

Quote:
you #@&%!
its true. you used to be knowledgable. remember you breaking down a game we had against blackburn away a few years ago. marked your card around then, but then you come out with fletcher being miles better than barry

barry warrants his place in the england team, captain of a good villa squad that which play good football and he has a decent level of ability and application. also averaging 40 appearances for 10 years in impressive and is a good quality.

you were praising villa a few weeks ago.

would fletcher walk into the villa side of last season relegating fletcher to the bench. if you have to think about it, then he doesnt 'piss' on barry does he?

http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/...d=8185&cc=5739

has started an average of 36 league games a season. impressive.

Unread 02-06-2009, 05:55 PM
borsuk

Quote:
would fletcher walk into the villa side of last season relegating fletcher to the bench.
unlikely tbh

Unread 02-06-2009, 05:57 PM
Coracao

Quote:
absolute %@#$&!s.

shredding your legacy as someone who knows abit about football more and more everyday.

fletcher has only been playing as constant high level this season and even that is debatable due to some flaws in his game.

barry averages 40 appearances a season for the last 10 years. 8 goals and 8 assists this season and 9 goals,10 assists last season and you are saying fletcher pisses all over him.

i wonder if someone of you actually watch football

p.s. i havent called scholes a failed striker. dunk implied barry is a failed winger because he used to play out there BUT in the same token scholes used to play upfront so would that make him a failed striker?

p.s. your good friend actim.
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Ac...,12306,00.html
7th.
Barry takes the majority of set pieces, not a statistic that proves a great deal.

Unread 02-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Rossi the Red

Barry's a very effective midfielder in the premiership.

Unread 02-06-2009, 06:03 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Barry takes the majority of set pieces, not a statistic that proves a great deal.
still a good return. any midfielder that averages 18 goals/assists a season NOT playing in an necessarily attacking role is good in my book.

Unread 02-06-2009, 06:06 PM
borsuk

i haven't seen anyone saying barry isn't good.

but fletcher still pisses all over him imo.

hth

Unread 02-06-2009, 06:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
As long as none of the 'A-Listers' buy into the 'Project' then Football will keep it's dignity.
I thought Barry wanted to leave Villa for Champions League Football??

Incidentally, when are the Fixtures out?..I'm bored to £#%&! already.
fixtures are currently being worked out to give United the most awkward games at the most awkward times - the BBC are said to be secretly gutted we don't have to go to Tokyo again.

once Benitez is happy with the refereeing appointments the fixtures will be published

keep it to yourself, but although they haven't decided whether we can have 2 or 3penalties yet, they've agreed that one of them will be at 4-0 up at home to one of the promoted sides

Unread 02-06-2009, 06:09 PM
ScarFace

£11mil would be ok, if he was'nt able to sign a free contract in Jan.

Unread 02-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Zorg

I've composed a haiku for this occasion:

A decent player
But really no more than that
Hundred grand for ffs

Thanks.

Unread 02-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Ether

Fletcher and Barry are different types of midfielder, I don't think you can really compare them.

Fwiw though, Fletch would get in my team ahead of Barry every time. I don't think he's anywhere near good enough to command a regular place in one of the best sides in the world.

Unread 02-06-2009, 06:11 PM
marlo

Quote:
i haven't seen anyone saying barry isn't good.

but fletcher still pisses all over him imo.

hth
not in my book. and ive been one of fletcher biggest fans (i named him zone of terror and big dazza when most wanted him sold to everton)

fletcher is a good midfield. but he is in that same tier as barry. a decent all round midfielder. the fact barry takes set peices and plays 40 games a season even presents a better case for him.

fletcher was normal/average last season and decent/very good this season. saying he pisses on barry would be like arsenal fans saying flamini pisses on fletcher last season because he has a very good season.

fletcher needs to stay at this level for a good 3 seasons and also needs to iron out his flaws like controlling the ball and turning with it. basics he struggles with..

Unread 02-06-2009, 06:11 PM
borsuk

Quote:
well, there's no arguing with the actim index, eh

oh, and if you think barry's 7th place proves something then i presume you agree with these as well

kuyt - 2nd
milner - 26th
rooney - 36th
rio - 86th
valencia - 97th
essien - didn't make the top 100

oh, and how could i miss berbles in 5th

Unread 02-06-2009, 06:12 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Fletcher and Barry are different types of midfielder, I don't think you can really compare them.

Fwiw though, Fletch would get in my team ahead of Barry every time. I don't think he's anywhere near good enough to command a regular place in one of the best sides in the world.
we disagree

Unread 02-06-2009, 06:14 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
keep it to yourself, but although they haven't decided whether we can have 2 or 3penalties yet, they've agreed that one of them will be at 4-0 up at home to one of the promoted sides

Apparently we only had 4 pens in the League last season.
That's quite pituful when you think how much of a corrupt disgrace we were, although to be fair the media got a good few weeks worth of moaning out of 2 of those (Bolton & Tottenham...actually, think the one against Everton was debated to within an inch of its life as well if I remember rightly - even though it was blatant) - No pens away from OT either. Hmm.
We're obviously not bribing the League enough...& Fergie clearly isn't pressuring officials enough.

We get away with murder

Unread 02-06-2009, 06:15 PM
marlo

Quote:
well, there's no arguing with the actim index, eh

oh, and if you think barry's 7th place proves something then i presume you agree with these as well

kuyt - 2nd
milner - 26th
rooney - 36th
rio - 86th
valencia - 97th
essien - didn't make the top 100
no the berbatov brigade used it to say he was our most effective striker and you agreed the other day.

i like barry. would have him at united as our squad midfielder but then a player of his calibre should be starting games for a 2nd tier club which he does.

Unread 02-06-2009, 06:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I've composed a haiku for this occasion:

A decent player
But really no more than that
Hundred grand for ffs

Thanks.
a hundred grand ffs

it was on a plate
if only you'd've waited