United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2009, 01:11 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I'm not sure why everyone is writing Nani off, Ok, he has been poor this season, but in his total time here he has shown more than Anderson, but Anderson is being championed as a cert to make it.

dunk has nothing against anderson people. promise.

Unread 31-05-2009, 01:12 PM
armchair

He was nutmegging players at 0-0 and full of clever runs and little passes around the corner. Then they scored, his head went and he got no support in playing his way back into the game.

I doubt he'll ever score many goals but think he'll be a major player at United.

Unread 31-05-2009, 01:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
dunk has nothing against anderson people. promise.
I haven't, you £#%&!ing weirdo. Nani played well and contributed from the first game last season, and aside from his stupidity against Wham was involved and did well until the end of last season.

Anderson played well from the Wigan game at OT until Christmas and appeared fleetingly from that point on.

Both have been poor this season.

Not much to call between the two, Nani has won us far more games directly or indirectly, but is written off but Anderson is the next big thing.

Not really fair on Nani is it?

Unread 31-05-2009, 01:27 PM
redmike

Oh he'll make it alright, but have to agree with the fellas who say he's not a defensive midfielder and before he came to utd never has been, he's been played out of position, he's either an attacking or left sided midfielder, still young enough to develop into a top player.

Unread 31-05-2009, 01:36 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I haven't, you £#%&!ing weirdo. Nani played well and contributed from the first game last season, and aside from his stupidity against Wham was involved and did well until the end of last season.

Anderson played well from the Wigan game at OT until Christmas and appeared fleetingly from that point on.

Both have been poor this season.

Not much to call between the two, Nani has won us far more games directly or indirectly, but is written off but Anderson is the next big thing.

Not really fair on Nani is it?
yep you don't hate the boy or have anything against him.

one featured in all our champions league games in the business end of things (something you used as a stick to beat anderson with saying hargreaves did the same last season) yet he hasn't had a better season that nani who has started 6 league games and whose last appearance in the champions league was a cameo against inter

your opinions on anderson are hilarious.did he £#%&! your wife or something?

so nani has won more games for us directly or indirectly... you can say the same for nani vs park and even fletcher can't you?

go home dunk

Unread 31-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Odd stat.

If you take the 8 league matches we played against Vermin, Goons, Chelsea and the Liars this season there's a pattern:
  • Fletcher and Anderson didn't start together in any of them
  • Fletcher started in all 3 wins
  • Fletcher started in both the draws
  • Anderson started in all 3 defeats

No doubt it's just a coincidence. Strange one though.

Unread 31-05-2009, 02:32 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
If you take the 8 league matches we played against Vermin, Goons, Chelsea and the Liars this season there's a pattern:
  • Fletcher and Anderson didn't start together in any of them
  • Fletcher started in all 3 wins
  • Fletcher started in both the draws
  • Anderson started in all 3 defeats

No doubt it's just a coincidence. Strange one though.

love the inclusion of the liars. the top 3 plus erm....the 8th best team in the league.

Unread 31-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Blagger

has anderson even got his 'own' position yet though?

we fluctuate in playing him as a defensive/attacking/holding midfielder... give him the right position and stick to it and he'll shine.

Unread 31-05-2009, 02:35 PM
BarryX

I love Anderson, me, although like most was gutted about his game in Rome (along with a few other players who I am also deeply fond of )

Does he look as chubby as I think he does, though (which is quite chubby)

Unread 31-05-2009, 03:01 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
has anderson even got his 'own' position yet though?

we fluctuate in playing him as a defensive/attacking/holding midfielder... give him the right position and stick to it and he'll shine.
Thats the nugget.

Unread 31-05-2009, 03:06 PM
Whalefish

Fwiw I'd be a bit disappointed if Utd moved Nani on and replaced him with a player like Wigan's Valencia. I'd like to see the coaching staff earn their money with this one, he's got the skills to develop and be a very good winger. Just needs to iron out a few things.

A mate of mine reckons Nani has no pace. I don't understand that one personally.

Unread 31-05-2009, 03:09 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
A mate of mine reckons Nani has no pace. I don't understand that one personally.
maybe you mishead him? no face, for example, would make sense with that peanut he's got on his shoulders.

Unread 31-05-2009, 03:09 PM
BarryX

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Fwiw I'd be a bit disappointed if Utd moved Nani on and replaced him with a player like Wigan's Valencia. I'd like to see the coaching staff earn their money with this one, he's got the skills to develop and be a very good winger. Just needs to iron out a few things.

good call. Id personally love all the players we have got to stay, and improve. He's got a lot of talent, Nani - such a shame he didn't shine last season as his crosses/delivery of corners are the best in our squad IMHO (and we missed that lot on Wednesday).

Unread 31-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Tronics

He'll make it no doubt.

Think he'll improve a lot witha good pre-season under his belt.

Plus with Hargo coming back we'll hopefully see the best of him then.

Unread 31-05-2009, 03:12 PM
RedMenace

How serious is the injury he's picked up does anyone know?. Not a bad thing in the long run if it means he gets a proper break for the summer.

Unread 31-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
He'll make it no doubt.

Think he'll improve a lot witha good pre-season under his belt.

Plus with Hargo coming back we'll hopefully see the best of him then.
Agree with that, especially re Hargreaves. Also after Anderson's op this'll be the first Summer he can put his feet up.

If there's any doubts re Hargreaves get Tevez signed and bring in De Rossi or Yaya Toure. If possible.

Don't think there's a need for much else tbh. Certainly no need for any knee jerk reaction sales. We lost in the final of the CL, it's not the end of the world.

Unread 31-05-2009, 03:19 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
good call. Id personally love all the players we have got to stay, and improve. He's got a lot of talent, Nani - such a shame he didn't shine last season as his crosses/delivery of corners are the best in our squad IMHO (and we missed that lot on Wednesday).
I don't think a defeat to Barca in the CL Final requires a complete overhaul of the squad. 2/3 in perhaps with 2/3 leaving. That's nothing major IMO.

Unread 31-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

love the inclusion of the liars. the top 3 plus erm....the 8th best team in the league.
it's a derby match between Manchester United and Manchester City, and is arguably the biggest league fixture of the season.

the stats against the next 3 biggest teams are interesting as well. in the 6 league games against Everton, Villa and Spurs:
  • Fletcher and Anderson never started together
  • Fletcher started all 3 wins
  • Fletcher stated 2 of the draws
  • Fletcher scored in one of the draws
  • Anderson didn't start in any of these 6 matches

This gives us an overall picture in United's 14 biggest league games as follows:
  • Fletcher and Anderson never started any of the matches together
  • Fletcher started 10 times; 6 wins and 4 draws
  • Anderson started 3 times; 3 defeats
  • Fletcher scored 1 goal, Anderson didn't score any goals

Unread 31-05-2009, 04:39 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
it's a derby match between Manchester United and Manchester City, and is arguably the biggest league fixture of the season.
our strikers should always be scoring in games like that imo.

Quote:
  • Fletcher and Anderson never started together
  • Fletcher started all 3 wins
  • Fletcher stated 2 of the draws
  • Fletcher scored in one of the draws
  • Anderson didn't start in any of these 6 matches

Quote:
  • Fletcher and Anderson never started any of the matches together
  • Fletcher started 10 times; 6 wins and 4 draws
  • Anderson started 3 times; 3 defeats
  • Fletcher scored 1 goal, Anderson didn't score any goals
are we judging players in the results of games against good sides?

didn't think so.

Unread 31-05-2009, 04:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
yep you don't hate the boy or have anything against him.

one featured in all our champions league games in the business end of things (something you used as a stick to beat anderson with saying hargreaves did the same last season) yet he hasn't had a better season that nani who has started 6 league games and whose last appearance in the champions league was a cameo against inter

your opinions on anderson are hilarious.did he £#%&! your wife or something?

so nani has won more games for us directly or indirectly... you can say the same for nani vs park and even fletcher can't you?

go home dunk
You're a £#%&!ing imbecile. Don't £#%&!ing tell me what I think you £#%&!er.

Let me explain it to you, slowly, Nani played well and contributed THROUGHOUT last season and has shown glimpses this, but in the main has been poor. Anderson contributed for half of last season, at best, and aside from a few glimpses earlier in the season and the last month has not been involved (for whatever reason) yes, he has appeared in some big games recently, but I would suggest that is down to lack of options rather than forcing his way in through performances. Now, the point I was making before you stepped in you tedious little bitch, is thath the performances of the two are not so vastly different as to justify the opinions thast Nani is shit and should be sold but Anderson will be one of the best players in the World (I'm not saying he won't be). It doesn't seem fair on ,ani is my point.

I only mentioned Anderson because the two have had similar impacts at different times over the last 2 years but opinion on them is so polarised.

If you can"t understand my point in that simple tiny £#%&!ing head of yours, kindly £#%&!ing ignore me.
Closed Thread