Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Tevez - buy him or not
No - good player but we can spend the money better 58 79.45%
Yes - adds to the side and always gives it everything 15 20.55%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 29-05-2009, 12:23 PM
BarryX

I would hate to see him go, really, it breaks my heart, but as Lawless say's he has just become too vocal in his criticism of the club, his part in the squad, and anyone who say's that he really wants to stay is obviously not taking all these recent quotes into consideration. Mans acting like a non Red. Disgusted by it, I really am.

Unread 29-05-2009, 12:23 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Oh aye he's not the quickest, and that will certainly not affect him as much in Spain as it would in England, but I still think he'd have much more to offer us than Tevez
Given Tevez' 5 league goals it's not unreasonable to think Kevin Davies would have offered more this season as an alternative.

I'm taking the piss with that before you shit out your last two brain cells Marlo.

Hunterlaar is a top finisher / poacher but we'd revert back to a similar kind of team as we were when Ruud left.

If only that @#%&! Saha could have stayed fit & in form. He's exactly what we need as an alternative.

Unread 29-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Part 36 Offer

If any other player behaved like he has done, our 'fans' would be burning effigies of them outside the ground.

Unread 29-05-2009, 12:30 PM
borsuk

not the world-beater he appears convinced that he is

Unread 29-05-2009, 12:34 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Hunterlaar is a top finisher / poacher but we'd revert back to a similar kind of team as we were when Ruud left.
A team that had Rooney and Ronaldo in their early stages, not to mention how Fletcher was in those days... Richardson was playing every other game for ffs I've little doubt RVN would be more of a benefit to today's team as a proper point attacker, with Rooney behind him linking up with midfield.

Unread 29-05-2009, 12:37 PM
ralph

Bored with the Argentina chants and Argentinians - adios Carlos.

Unread 29-05-2009, 12:38 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teville
I would hate to see him go, really, it breaks my heart
doesn't do your username too many favours, tbh

Unread 29-05-2009, 12:38 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
That's 'cos Huntelaar, like RVN, doesn't need to run around all the time - his goal record shows he knows where to be already. Unlike Carlos, who for a player with such a reputation really does chase the game.
Great post mate.

As I've said many times, take away the running about constantly part of Tevez' game away, is he worth the reputation he receives?

Unread 29-05-2009, 12:39 PM
BarryX

Quote:
A team that had Rooney and Ronaldo in their early stages, not to mention how Fletcher was in those days... Richardson was playing every other game for ffs I've little doubt RVN would be more of a benefit to today's team as a proper point attacker, with Rooney behind him linking up with midfield.
Another one who would've been pissed off with the squad rotation.

Out of interest I saw an interview with Berbatov on Bulgarian Television in the build up to the final. It may well have been from the day before, I don't know. You could see in his eyes he was absolutely gutted, definitely close to tears throughout the interview, so obviously knew he wasn't going to start. Haven't heard a peep out of him, because he didn't start, when in hindsight his place on the pitch would probably have been more useful to us than Tevez's from the start.

Unread 29-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Baron

Quote:
Dark days

Ruud would be of benefit as he'd still score every half chance, however he'd still want to @#%&! Ronnie for never passing to him & the entire slapped arse scenario would reoccur.

Hunterlaar's / Ruuds' finishing with some pace is the alternative. Now who the £#%&! that is at the price we want to pay is a mystery for me.

Unread 29-05-2009, 12:43 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
doesn't do your username too many favours, tbh
I know. I am already thinking of a new one if the forum Don of Don's lets me. Seeing my link by virtue of residence to Dimitar, I was think Beville.

Unread 29-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Arcus

I would £#%&!ing £#%&! if we signed Lavezzi, it appears Juve are there first.

Unread 29-05-2009, 12:48 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Thumbs up

Quote:
I know. I am already thinking of a new one if the forum Don of Don's lets me. Seeing my link by virtue of residence to Dimitar, I was think Beville.
Puls in your new guise as Barry Beville you can so Cillit Bang adverts!

Unread 29-05-2009, 12:52 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Another one who would've been pissed off with the squad rotation.
Probably, the Dutch ones tend to be very individualistic. Although I've just checked on Soccerbase and he'd tend to play as much as Berbingtons has this season, except he'd get twice as many.

Quote:
Hunterlaar's / Ruuds' finishing with some pace is the alternative. Now who the £#%&! that is at the price we want to pay is a mystery for me.
Frankly, Torres'd be the main one to fit that for me Benzema's our most likely option though I reckon. The lad Gignac's got some pace on him as well and could be worth a look in a couple of years.

Unread 29-05-2009, 12:55 PM
borsuk

Quote:
garry berbles would be top, tbh

Unread 29-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Baron

Quote:
Frankly, Torres'd be the main one to fit that for me Benzema's our most likely option though I reckon. The lad Gignac's got some pace on him as well and could be worth a look in a couple of years.
Torres really is a lot better in the goal scoring stakes than I gave him credit for at Atleti... the @#%&!.

That Gignac looks similar to Benzema tbf, although who knows how they'd adapt to a new league. Benzema is frankly the answer to any question. Superb footballer, and I'd want to nick that Gourcuff from Bordeaux as well for the midfield artistry.

Unread 29-05-2009, 01:02 PM
marlo

laughable %@#$&!s.

he is our 2nd best striker at the club.

anyway let's see what happens when for instance rooney is our injured and we are relying on that crap striker we signed last summer.

Unread 29-05-2009, 01:03 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
That Gignac looks similar to Benzema tbf, although who knows how they'd adapt to a new league. Benzema is frankly the answer to any question. Superb footballer, and I'd want to nick that Gourcuff from Bordeaux as well for the midfield artistry.
All of whom worth much more of our money than Tevez.

You & me should get in touch with Martin Ferguson.

Unread 29-05-2009, 01:04 PM
marlo

so now its torres or benzema?
the sort of striker we needed last summer.

ok serious question.

suppose we get benzema is some super deal with nani going the other way for example.

what is our strongest line up for next season? charity shield perhaps?

Unread 29-05-2009, 01:16 PM
borsuk

Closed Thread