United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2009, 10:32 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
That 1st 10 mins. How trhe £#%&! did we not score?

And I agree with you re: Barca weren't that good. Sure, they kept possesion very, very well whilst we treated the football like a hot potato.

I still say we created the better chances - why the £#%&! didn't Tevez hit that ball when it sat up beautifully for him?

VDS made a couple of decent saves but was rarely troubled. Our defence cost us dearly. That first 10 mins :shakehead: It could have been so, so different
the first 10 minutes were crazy, we had about 6 or 7 attempts.....but even after that, in the second half, the ball that sailed over Park at the far post, Giggs inability to use his right foot effectively seconds after Barca got their 2nd and then Ronny whacking the ball against the keeper, berbatovs wild header over the bar , the through ball by carrick to rooney that was a touch too heavy...similarly one for Park in the first half....even with 5 minutes left a rooney left footed cross that went straight to the keeper when 2 United players were in the box

if only one of those had gone in it might have freaked Barca out a little....and given us the lift we needed after going one down

Unread 31-05-2009, 10:53 PM
stella118

Sounds a bit over the top but at the moment it doesn't feel like I'll ever get off it. Know that this is bull shit, but it just seems so long until the seaon starts again. Atleast after the 4-1 there was other game in the near future. Now it seems a life time away.

Add to the the knowledge that if this summer is anything like last, it will be full of media shit about our number 7. Would love it if he signs a new contract soon.

Hoping to god that the feeling of emptiness goes soon.

Football bloody hell!

Unread 01-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
The respective pass completion stats for Barcelona and United's midfielders in the Times today were pretty stark.

74% from Carrick on a night when Xavi, Iniesta and Messi had over 90% completion rate. (Incidentally, Anderson kept the ball better than Carrick or Giggs, 86%.)

I don't care how good someone is on the ball, if a good defensive mid is there, doing their job, space is going to be so limited around the real danger area that they're going to give the ball away. I'd be surprised if their stats were anything like as good as that against Chelsea.

De Rossi.

A fit Hargreaves.
Fletcher.
Anderson
Absolute no chance of that happening. If you read his bit in the match programme from Wed, hes Roma through and through. Ex season ticket holder etc and still standing in curva sud when he was in youth team.

Unread 01-06-2009, 02:15 AM
boreez

I think I'm over it. It's just a really sort of anti-climactic way to end the season. It's sort of like Bulgarian's cum shot. Yeah, we were part of the game, but we sort of just dribbled out at the end.

Unread 01-06-2009, 02:23 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by boreez
It's sort of like Bulgarian's cum shot. Yeah, we were part of the game, but we sort of just dribbled out at the end.

Unread 01-06-2009, 02:28 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Absolute no chance of that happening. If you read his bit in the match programme from Wed, hes Roma through and through. Ex season ticket holder etc and still standing in curva sud when he was in youth team.
Like Rooney was Everton through and through. And with Roma not being in the champions league next season he might have a change of heart, if we don't ask then we'll never know.

Unread 01-06-2009, 07:18 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

i was over it about 4 pints after the end of the match tbh
the way in which we played helped for me as we never looked like winning apart from the first 10
roll on next year
Closed Thread