United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Sparky***

Default How long will it take do you reckon to get over last Weds night?

Went out on a stag pub crawl around holloway road/upper street yesterday, there were 13 of us and 9 of them were arsenal fans. Surprisingly there was no piss taking at all and a few of my mates just couldn't believe how shit we were.

I found myself just shrugging and saying "shit happens" because i just couldn't talk about it anymore. It actually depressed me to talk about it so I just changed the subject.

I've not got the hump or seen my arse over it, but I still feel massively deflated and it's getting on my nerves to be honest.

Unread 31-05-2009, 11:56 AM
dunk

I'm over it. We weren't good enough to be the European Champions this year, Barca are. £#%&! it.

Unread 31-05-2009, 11:56 AM
Horst_ Bucholst

the manner of the defeat made it a lot easier to get over to be honest just looking forward to 19 next season now

Unread 31-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst_ Bucholst
the manner of the defeat made it a lot easier to get over to be honest just looking forward to 19 next season now
Definitely. Going out like Chelsea is much harder to take.

Unread 31-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Mr_Ed

TBH I found the last 2 months of the season exhausting mentally - it's weird...

ALl that bile from the vermin, the potential 10 point gap being 1 at one point but going on to win it... the talk of the quadruple and then losing in such a shit fasion to Barca.... It's taken it out of me this year.

What has surprised me the most is the lack of anti-United bile that usually does the rounds. Sure there are a few jokes but maybe me putting my head in the sand for a few days has not exposed me to it this year.

Looking forward to the rest and will start paying attention to football again when we get back from the pre-season tour of Asia.

Unread 31-05-2009, 12:22 PM
Walrus

Still gutted

Unread 31-05-2009, 12:23 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

was over it before i got back to the hotel-shit red

Unread 31-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
Your hotel was called "hotel-shit" ?

Unread 31-05-2009, 12:35 PM
marlo

im still not over it. i think about it about 3 times a day.

sparky, what bars on upper street do you hit?

pitcher and piano? walkabout?

if I didn't have exams you might have seen mans drifting down the strip with champs on each arm.

Unread 31-05-2009, 12:41 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Your hotel was called "hotel-shit" ?

Yes. Yes it was.

Unread 31-05-2009, 12:50 PM
MJ Ramone

Still really down because of it
Didn't watch the Cup Final...although I know Chelsea won & Saha scored after 20seconds (because I got a text about it) ...that's 2 years in a row that I haven't watched the FA Cup Final. First time in my whole life that I can remember missing one, never mind two.

I'm just avoiding any mention of Football...I'm far too 'delicate' at the minute.
I watched Britains Got Talent the other night & that smarmy, 2-faced, vile, Gooner @#%&! Piers Morgan made a couple of gags about our defeat & I nearly smashed my TV to bits.
Not good.

I was depressed after the 1-4, but somewhere in the back of my bitter & fragile mind I kept telling myself..."We'll put it right, it's still in our hands. We'll have the last laugh" (& indeed we did)

...but there's NO comeback from Wednesday night. That's it.
All that good work against Arsenal, the brushing aside of Inter & the brilliant win in Porto...alll for nothing.
All those dreams of being the first Club to defend it...to end the season on the highest of highs...a fully fit squad, rested & ready to go.

If we'd gone down in flames..if we'd been 'Manchester United' on the night I'd have been able to live with it.
I just can't get it out of my system. We bottled it & £#%&!ing failed to compete.
We made them look better than they are & gave the ABU's a Summer to enjoy.

I know you can't win em all...I think the players have done brilliantly this season, but the frustration of Wednesday will live on with me for ages.
It reminds me of how I felt after Leverkusen in 2002.
Empty.

Unread 31-05-2009, 12:58 PM
Dr Gonzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
I'd blame that inappropriate reaction to mixing booze with your antibiotics

Are you better yet ?

Unread 31-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
im still not over it. i think about it about 3 times a day.

sparky, what bars on upper street do you hit?

pitcher and piano? walkabout?

if I didn't have exams you might have seen mans drifting down the strip with champs on each arm.
we started early doors at The Junction on highbury corner to watch the cup final. then we worked our way down hitting: the hope and anchor for a few games of pool, we then cabbed it to the indian ocean on holloway road for a curry. Then down to the kings head, slug & lettuce and pitcher and piano. went into the islington tap on theberton st for a couple as well.

There was an abundance of champs out last night - it was like smorgasbord of fitties.

Unread 31-05-2009, 01:01 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Still really down because of it
Didn't watch the Cup Final...although I know Chelsea won & Saha scored after 20seconds (because I got a text about it) ...that's 2 years in a row that I haven't watched the FA Cup Final. First time in my whole life that I can remember missing one, never mind two.

I'm just avoiding any mention of Football...I'm far too 'delicate' at the minute.
I watched Britains Got Talent the other night & that smarmy, 2-faced, vile, Gooner @#%&! Piers Morgan made a couple of gags about our defeat & I nearly smashed my TV to bits.
Not good.

I was depressed after the 1-4, but somewhere in the back of my bitter & fragile mind I kept telling myself..."We'll put it right, it's still in our hands. We'll have the last laugh" (& indeed we did)

...but there's NO comeback from Wednesday night. That's it.
All that good work against Arsenal, the brushing aside of Inter & the brilliant win in Porto...alll for nothing.
All those dreams of being the first Club to defend it...to end the season on the highest of highs...a fully fit squad, rested & ready to go.

If we'd gone down in flames..if we'd been 'Manchester United' on the night I'd have been able to live with it.
I just can't get it out of my system. We bottled it & £#%&!ing failed to compete.
We made them look better than they are & gave the ABU's a Summer to enjoy.

I know you can't win em all...I think the players have done brilliantly this season, but the frustration of Wednesday will live on with me for ages.
It reminds me of how I felt after Leverkusen in 2002.
Empty.
Yep that's the bastard part of it.

Unread 31-05-2009, 01:04 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
I'd blame that inappropriate reaction to mixing booze with your antibiotics

Are you better yet ?
not completely but i've not stopped drinking since I took them (When in Rome...) but i'm gonna have a couple of days off it now and finish the course over the next 2 days. Should see me right, cheers doc

marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

There was an abundance of champs out last night - it was like smorgasbord of fitties.
why do you think top boys reach them ends before going into london on a saturday. its usually my first port of call.

some nice classy champs guaranteed.

roll on the summer in vibrant london!

Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
why do you think top boys reach them ends before going into london on a saturday. its usually my first port of call.

some nice classy champs guaranteed.

roll on the summer in vibrant london!
Word.

Unread 31-05-2009, 01:15 PM
Tumescent Throb

Juventus won on penalties, then went back twice and lost them both.

United have to aim for Madrid. they can't put Rome right for a whole year.

it'll piss me off until next year's comp is over for us.

Unread 31-05-2009, 01:24 PM
denis lawless

still a bit annoyed at the lack of a fight to keep our crown

steeled myself to watch it again on friday and tbh, Barca werent as good as the media have suggested....initial impact usually differs from a second viewing.....we contributed greatly to our demise by giving the ball away far too much and too many below par performances....and we dint put anywhere near enough pressure on their weakened back four.

number 18 eased the pain ...... i just hope a summer of rest, no WC or EC, will mean we are fresh for a strong season ahead

Unread 31-05-2009, 01:26 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Juventus won on penalties, then went back twice and lost them both.

United have to aim for Madrid. they can't put Rome right for a whole year.

it'll piss me off until next year's comp is over for us.

Same here.
Closed Thread