United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-08-2008, 10:29 PM
utd for ever

Default Spurs rule out berbs sale

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-in-doubt.html

So now we move on to another target,with berbs playing against roma,its almost 100% certain that he won't be changing clubs now...

Manucho will be our only signing...

Unread 10-08-2008, 10:31 PM
JakeB

Henry it is!

Unread 10-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Fat Al

So, he'd rather player for the Carling Cup holders than be on more money playing for the Champions of England & Europe, on more money?

Yeah, SHUH. I'm telling youse lot, there's summat up here. Inspector Koppas needs to investigate. The Case Of The Missing Transfer Budget.

Unread 10-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Stickman

Just standard procedure so there fans don't go too batshit when they see him in our shirt in a fortnights time.

Unread 10-08-2008, 10:38 PM
marlo stansfield

great news imo.

id rather we didnt buy anyone than waste money on berbs.

captain scarlet

Not disappointed I have to say.

Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
So, he'd rather player for the Carling Cup holders than be on more money playing for the Champions of England & Europe, on more money?
Where does it say he wants to stay?

Unread 10-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Pop

Quote:
“I would be absolutely delighted if Berbatov was still at the club after the end of the transfer window,” said the Spaniard.

“He is a magnificent player and we want to enjoy another season of him at this club. I can’t answer on behalf of the player, though.”
Doesn't sound too confident, Ramos.

Unread 10-08-2008, 11:25 PM
Vic Mackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
great news imo.

id rather we didnt buy anyone than waste money on berbs.

£#%&! him anyway

Unread 10-08-2008, 11:27 PM
Barracuda

This is just Spurs' reply to Fergie's "we're looking at 3 or 4 things" comment and the Henry nonsense.

In saying all that, SAF is trying to push Spurs into letting Berbatov go for a reasonable price, - suggesting that if they don't play ball, they're going to miss out on a fair chunk of money and be left with a very unhappy player.

Spurs are just saying, "We know what you're trying to do, but if you want him you'll have to pay what we want".

All parties actually want the same thing, - we want Berbatov, Spurs have made it quite clear they are interested in selling and the player himself really wants it to happen.

It just depends on who cracks first, the team who desperately need another striker, or the team who are trying to hold out for a bigger fee, but who could blow it totally if they don't accept what's on offer at some point.

I still think we'll get him because it's in everyone's best interests, some kind of compromise will be found the nearer it gets to deadline day.

Unread 10-08-2008, 11:54 PM
Camel

i can't see why we just don't get huntelaar.

ok, the dutch league is as poor as it's been for a long while, but the guy does it at international level when actually given a chance. as long as he'd be happy as third choice behind rooney and tevez, i think he'd be a cracking signing for us - as long as it's for about £15m or less. not beyond the realms of possibility.

Unread 11-08-2008, 12:26 AM
shadowplay

If anything, that article and Ramos' quotes suggest he's going.

Unread 11-08-2008, 12:27 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
If anything, that article and Ramos' quotes suggest he's going.
not to watch Hancock, hopefully.

Unread 11-08-2008, 12:42 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd for ever

So now we move on to another target,with berbs playing against roma,its almost 100% certain that he won't be changing clubs now...

Berabatov played against Roma? So is he cup tied for the rest of out friendlies?

The Sun is saying £20m for Henry... divide that by 5 and you might have a fair price.

Unread 11-08-2008, 12:54 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
not to watch Hancock, hopefully.

£#%&!ing crap, wasn't it?

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:01 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay

£#%&!ing crap, wasn't it?
yes, sorry about that, i hadn't seen it then.

tbf, the mist was pretty shite too

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:11 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
The 27-year-old has made little secret of his desire to move to Old Trafford and with Sir Alex Ferguson desperate to sign a new striker before the end of the transfer window, the former Bayer Leverkusen man would have hoped to solve the Scot’s forward crisis.
I must have missed Berbatov chatting about wanting to come to United

And Ferguson is "desperate" for a striker is he?

Another load of media horseshit.

The story basically is cobbled together around Ramos simply saying he'd be happy to work with a great player like Berbatov next season and hopes to have the opportunity. Just being professional, in other words.

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:49 AM
f.l.a.t.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd for ever

Guess we haven't offered enough to the Tottenham Hotspur foundation then

:£#%&!er:

Unread 11-08-2008, 01:56 AM
£#%&! KFC

if we don't sign a striker before the end of August I will wear a @#%&!in kilt at our first CL home game no wum......but it's not gonna happen, the kilt that is

WE ARE SIGNING A STRIKER......fact

Unread 11-08-2008, 02:10 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
if we don't sign a striker before the end of August I will wear a @#%&!in kilt at our first CL home game no wum......but it's not gonna happen, the kilt that is

WE ARE SIGNING A STRIKER......fact
i thought you did that every game, you fried marsbar eating @#%&!.
Closed Thread