Arsenal v Man Utd L
Tottenham v Man Utd D
Fulham v Man Utd W
Liverpool v Man Utd, D
Portsmouth v Man Utd W
Chelsea v Man Utd D
Everton v Man UtdW
Man City v Man Utd W
Should do it. We might win the Tots games and draw Fulham or Everton. I can see us drawing three of these.

Unread 22-01-2007, 12:27 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
Should do it.
Yep.

We'll also have to win all our remaining home games,which you would expect given the opposition.

Unread 22-01-2007, 12:30 AM
Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Yep.

We'll also have to win all our remaining home games,which you would expect given the opposition.
It's also assuming Chelsea win every game they play - they've got nasty aways to West Ham,Newcastle and Arsenal.

The more I look at it the key is not losing at the Bridge.

Unread 22-01-2007, 12:32 AM
shadowplay

Quote:
It's also assuming Chelsea win every game they play - they've got nasty aways to West Ham,Newcastle and Arsenal.

The more I look at it the key is not losing at the Bridge.
The game at Chelsea will be huge.

Chelsea do have some tough games,and there is no doubt they'll drop points between know and then.

Unread 22-01-2007, 12:38 AM
S/Side.Red

Today proved that there's no point getting ahead of ourselves and seriously predicting what will happen during games, let alone ahead of them.

I was sure we were going to win today, and was pissing people I was watching it with off with my confidence right up until their bastard equaliser.

The one thing that is certain - and it's something Fergie keeps on hinting at with his constant mentioning about "at least our form is good" - is that Chelsea are playing like shit, and don't look like putting a run together any time soon.

Until they pick up, I'll remain very confident that it's coming home.

Unread 22-01-2007, 12:41 AM
Lazarus

S/Side I'd still like to see your predictions.

I wasn't #@&%!y but deep down I believed we'd hold out as I didn't feel Arsenal were cutting us to pieces,but I'm never #@&%!y as I've been burned so many times by the cruel mistress that is football.

Unread 22-01-2007, 12:49 AM
S/Side.Red

I know it's foolish to get too confident, but like you I thought we'd hold out. Throughout the buildup to the game I just felt we would go there, work hard and come away with the three points one way or another.

I must say I still contest that Scholes was fouled in the runup to the van Persie goal, but the way we fell apart was disappointing.

Tottenham v Man Utd W
Fulham v Man Utd W
Liverpool v Man Utd, D
Portsmouth v Man Utd W
Chelsea v Man Utd D
Everton v Man Utd W
Man City v Man Utd W

They are a hard set of away games, actually. Pompey and Everton could be tricky.

Unread 22-01-2007, 12:54 AM
Lazarus

I worry more about going down South than playing in the NW...even though Pool,Everton and City are horrible.

Unread 22-01-2007, 01:16 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Arsenal v Man Utd
Tottenham v Man Utd
Fulham v Man Utd
Liverpool v Man Utd,
Portsmouth v Man Utd
Chelsea v Man Utd
Everton v Man Utd
Man City v Man Utd
It's tough, but -

Pompey just beaten at home by Charlton.
Fulham, Everton have dropped points at home recently.
We dicked Spurs away last season, they're worse this season.
Reina is due for a howler.
Chelsea points won't matter.

We win the league by 4-7 points.

Unread 22-01-2007, 01:25 AM
Lazarus

Yea...I'm absolutely sure I'll get burned by thinking this but I think we might do the Pool....great home record or not.

Unread 22-01-2007, 01:31 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I was sure we were going to win today, and was pissing people I was watching it with off with my confidence right up until their bastard equaliser.
you're an idiot then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I know it's foolish to get too confident, but like you I thought we'd hold out. Throughout the buildup to the game I just felt we would go there, work hard and come away with the three points one way or another.

I must say I still contest that Scholes was fouled in the runup to the van Persie goal, but the way we fell apart was disappointing.

Tottenham v Man Utd W
Fulham v Man Utd W
Liverpool v Man Utd, D
Portsmouth v Man Utd W
Chelsea v Man Utd D
Everton v Man Utd W
Man City v Man Utd W

They are a hard set of away games, actually. Pompey and Everton could be tricky.
and you're still being an idiot. that is a ridiculously optimistic set of results that we will not match. we could easily lose four of those games. or more. especially if we play timid shit (which we will against liverpool and chelsea at least).

scholes was blatantly fouled. steve bennett is a @#%&!. he didn't spot eboue's late challenge and raised arm on rooney either. how the £#%&! we ended up with three cards to their one is beyond me. still, at least he didn't send ronaldo off this time. the @#%&!.

Unread 22-01-2007, 01:40 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
S/Side I'd still like to see your predictions.

I wasn't #@&%!y but deep down I believed we'd hold out as I didn't feel Arsenal were cutting us to pieces,but I'm never #@&%!y as I've been burned so many times by the cruel mistress that is football.
We were cruising. Then Scholes and Evra went to ground and they made it count. Rio knocked off for the winner; scary shit.

Unread 22-01-2007, 01:45 AM
MUFC One Love

We'll win 6/7 home games at least and we'll win 5 of them away games.

Chelsea will also drop more points.

It's ours.

Unread 22-01-2007, 01:50 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
you're an idiot then.

Accepted, although I was seven minutes away from being right. The game was going remarkably similar to the the way I had expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
and you're still being an idiot. that is a ridiculously optimistic set of results that we will not match. we could easily lose four of those games. or more. especially if we play timid shit (which we will against liverpool and chelsea at least).
I know. I don't tend to like predicting sequences of results, so I just thought I'd be positive. Like I say, Everton and Pompey will be difficult.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
scholes was blatantly fouled. steve bennett is a @#%&!. he didn't spot eboue's late challenge and raised arm on rooney either. how the £#%&! we ended up with three cards to their one is beyond me. still, at least he didn't send ronaldo off this time. the @#%&!.
The worst thing about the blatant foul on Scholes was that it happened right under Bennett's nose. It was five yards from him and as blatant as you could possibly get. Whoever it was just kicked the back of Scholes. I couldn't believe there were no appeals from United players, but it was such an easy decision. The complete and utter @#%&! shouldn't have been in charge in the first place.

Unread 22-01-2007, 02:20 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
We'll win 6/7 home games at least and we'll win 5 of them away games.

Chelsea will also drop more points.

It's ours.
I reckon thats about right.

Things going well all in all; no injuries, fergie not messing around with the team too much, ronaldo in good form, plenty of firepower up front, scholes in the groove, not conceding too much, chelsea looking unbalanced... it would take a pretty catastrophic downturn in form for us not to crack on and win it at this point.

Unread 22-01-2007, 02:27 AM
Tumescent Throb

United could easily not win the league this season let's not kid ourselves. They are the best team up to this point, but it's only two thirds gone.

Not sure about the Scholes thing if his leg was hooked or not, but on the floor he had the ball between his legs which I always thought was obstruction and the ref was supposed to blow up straight away to stop flying boots. Bennet is an utter @#%&! though. That FK in the 1st half he let Arsenal take it 20 yds away while he was talking to a United player at the scene of the crime ffs.

Unread 22-01-2007, 02:28 AM
Lazarus

LMC - I'm really liking the cut of your jib these days. Deep down you have a big red,optimistic heart beating in your chest.

Unread 22-01-2007, 03:09 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
LMC - I'm really liking the cut of your jib these days. Deep down you have a big red,optimistic heart beating in your chest.
tbh i've taken on board the critisism aimed at me from (f)red(t)issue forumistas and I'm trying not to be so negative...

Unread 22-01-2007, 09:58 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Arsenal v Man Utd
Tottenham v Man Utd win
Fulham v Man Utd win
Liverpool v Man Utd lose
Portsmouth v Man Utd win
Chelsea v Man Utd win
Everton v Man Utd win
Man City v Man Utd draw
i don't see any reason we should lose the form we've had to date. we played well against arsenal - two very good teams essentially cancelling each other out. possession was even, neither side was dominant and we played attractive and enterprising football. the result was a kick in the teeth, but there was nothing wrong with the performance.

from some of the comments on here you'd think we were playing charlton at home. it was a tight, high quality game away against a very good side who were bang in form. fergie's post-match comments were spot on, tbh.
Closed Thread