Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-05-2017, 05:46 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Bye Bye Anthony Martial?
Quite possibly.

Which would be a shame but this campaign has been a bigger letdown than just "second season syndrome".

Unread 27-05-2017, 05:55 PM
Sandman

Getting rid of Martial would be £#%&!ing ridiculous, he's had a poor second season, which isn't unusual. His ability merits another season.

I'd be happy with Perisic joining, he's a very good player, adding him to Rashford, Martial, Mkhitaryan, and someone like Griezman would give us a great group of attacking players.

Unread 27-05-2017, 06:07 PM
ZiggyStardust

He is a really good wide player who can consistently beat a man but I'd prefer a higher quality option who's more of a goal scorer

Unread 27-05-2017, 06:17 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He is a really good wide player who can consistently beat a man but I'd prefer a higher quality option who's more of a goal scorer
He is a workhorse, will put a shift in while carrying out his role as asked. Very typical Mou signing, also typically has little patience with attackers who are inconsistent or who do not buy into the team ethic.

Martial is too talented to dump after one season.

Unread 27-05-2017, 07:16 PM
Luffy

Martial is younger than harrop who just got a new deal! Perspective.

Unread 27-05-2017, 07:23 PM
itisme_panaflex

Bullshit rumour from a bullshit source.

Bin it.

Unread 27-05-2017, 07:29 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
Bullshit rumour from a bullshit source.

Bin it.
You doubt PremiumSportsHD via Carrick16?

Unread 27-05-2017, 07:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Martial is too talented to dump after one season
Two, pal.

I might not have posted what I did earlier if he hadn't looked almost permanently pissed off all campaign

Unread 27-05-2017, 07:44 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Two, pal.

I might not have posted what I did earlier if he hadn't looked almost permanently pissed off all campaign
One season of Mourinho I meant. Especially with how he played in 15/16, carried our attacking play for most of the season and had some performances of an exceptionally high level.

All about his mentality.

Unread 27-05-2017, 08:33 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
One season of Mourinho I meant. Especially with how he played in 15/16, carried our attacking play for most of the season and had some performances of an exceptionally high level.

All about his mentality.
There are tactical issues, which can be linked with mentality. In his first season he was largely allowed to wait for the ball and then be effective. Mourinho will demand more industry, which will perhaps draw a bit of arse-seeing from a player not as used to that.

We've maybe seen that with Martial this season. But he has to crack on next year. If you want to be a top attacking player, you have to accept you'll be judged on output regardless of circumstances. Four league goals last season. Nowhere near good enough.

Unread 27-05-2017, 08:47 PM
RedMenace

Tanc 'sex pest' Palmeri is a fan

Unread 27-05-2017, 09:16 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
There are tactical issues, which can be linked with mentality. In his first season he was largely allowed to wait for the ball and then be effective. Mourinho will demand more industry, which will perhaps draw a bit of arse-seeing from a player not as used to that.

We've maybe seen that with Martial this season. But he has to crack on next year. If you want to be a top attacking player, you have to accept you'll be judged on output regardless of circumstances. Four league goals last season. Nowhere near good enough.
Siders going in on £#%&!ing everyone atm

Unread 27-05-2017, 09:26 PM
ScarFace

Unread 27-05-2017, 11:54 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Yes, standing out on the wing waiting for the ball detached from the game was flagged up by a few last(15/16) season. It really stands out when compared to Rashford, the hunger and determination he shows are such important qualities, can't drift through matches on talent alone.

Can't say I am overly excited with the prospect of Perisic though, good player if a little functional for my tastes, but soon to be 29 and coming from a league where the likes of Cuadrado, Salah. and Gervinho have had their way with full backs.

Unread 28-05-2017, 12:07 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yes, standing out on the wing waiting for the ball detached from the game was flagged up by a few last(15/16) season. It really stands out when compared to Rashford, the hunger and determination he shows are such important qualities, can't drift through matches on talent alone.

Can't say I am overly excited with the prospect of Perisic though, good player if a little functional for my tastes, but soon to be 29 and coming from a league where the likes of Cuadrado, Salah. and Gervinho have had their way with full backs.
Well, is he an upgrade on our current selection of wide attackers who currently stand at.....erm....?? Whichever below 21 aged striker we stick out there???

Unread 28-05-2017, 12:18 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well, is he an upgrade on our current selection of wide attackers who currently stand at.....erm....?? Whichever below 21 aged striker we stick out there???
Maybe, could be decent, could turn out to be an expensive replacement for Ashley Young.

You are right though, we lack natural wide options, Mata, Mikitaryan, even Lingard are probably all better from central areas.

Unread 28-05-2017, 06:21 AM
carrick_16

Unread 28-05-2017, 07:05 AM
MUFC One Love

Would be a decent signing. Won't be cool enough for the Fifa brigade but a part from Mourinho's signings, most of our signings have been poor the past few years. Even Miki, a Mourinho signing has been inconsistent. Who knows, maybe somebody a bit different at a good age will be an immediate success.

Martial will probably get a other year but the fact is Rashford puts him to shame with determination, work ethic and desire.

Unread 28-05-2017, 07:45 AM
The Stella Fella

Martial is too moody - new Anelka

Unread 28-05-2017, 07:47 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrick_16
God Damn. I was wrong 41nce.

Very underwhelmed.
Closed Thread