Nursery Rhymer, Baked beans addict shit drummer, plagiariser, house frau

Unread 28-11-2017, 09:06 AM
20 times

Why is Pacho Herrera in the picture?

Unread 28-11-2017, 11:42 AM
TheFatGoth

A genuine letter on F365

Quote:
The more I watch Liverpool I can appreciate Klopp has improved us but I do not see a title winning team I’m afraid and it’s not just the players as I don’t think a Van Dijk would automatically make us title challengers. When Jamie Carragher made this point a few weeks back, I failed to fully understand his point. I was in agreement with the other guest on TV(think it was Redknapp or Souness) who said once we replaced clumsy Lovren with a more solid defender like Van Dijk, we should become more defensively solid and challenge for titles. Carra disagreed stating the problem was with Klopp’s system and how it would always leave the defenders exposed. I agree. I’m not saying Lovren should not be sold to the Ufc or anyone that would have him, but Klopp’s system would always come short of been a title winning system I think. Pep plays similar and would probably win the title but can anyone see glaring differences between Pep and Klopp’s style of play? I honestly do not know.

Which bring me to my next point. Pep. His first job possibly shaped his whole managerial ideas/tactics. Managing the Barcelona B side, he got to see young players who were good enough to play for the first team so once he got the first team gig, he had no qualms playing those young players. He would have picked up a trick or two in improving young players and that’s what sets him apart from managers like Mourinho who rather buys the finished products or has less trust in younger players.

Now I’m not necessarily in a rush to get rid of Klopp, I feel he can stil take us to the next level which is constantly been a top 4 team. Then, step in, Steven Gerrard. When Klopp eventually leaves Liverpool, Gerrard should be considered for the full time job and here are a few reasons why.

1.He is possibly as hungry as anyone to win a premier league title. In fact, I think that played a significant role in why he went into management in the first place as I initially saw more of a manager in Carragher. The slip that possibly cost Liverpool the title would be somewhat forgotten in Gerrard’s mind if he eventually wins it as a manager at least and if he’s the one to bring the title back to Anfield, I can guarantee he would tell you it’s all been worth it.

2. Gerrard is doing a good job with the U18 side (albeit early days) and would be familiar with the young players who are good enough for the first team. Similar to Pep and his first managerial job, Gerrard can blend in the youth prospects with the first team which goes a long way in improving the atmosphere around any club if nothing else. Also he is learning how to imrove young players which could come in handy as we may need a few of those as we cannot afford to spend on players like some of our rivals. There is also a ruthlessness with managers who have strong affinities with the clubs they manage. They make the tough calls rather easily for example when Pep got the Barcelona job, he prioritised getting rid of the bad apples over making new signings. Players like Ronaldinho, Deco, were sold and replaced with young hungry players. Similar to Eddie Howe who has found himself in difficult situations at Bournemouth but always seems to find a solution. It’s probably knowing the club so well and knowing exactly what the club needs at the time that gets him out of trouble. Gerrard would not play an underperforming player he bought to the detriment of the club.

3. Gerrard has played with some of the best. Training/playing with the likes of Xabi Alonso, Suarez, Hypia, Mascherano, John Terry, Lampard, Ferdinand, et al should mean Gerrard knows what a good footballer should look like. He has also played with Simon Mignolet so should know what a S**t keeper looks like.

4. He knows the premier league. A very vital ingredient. Been unfamiliar with the premier league could be managerial suicide for any manager, just ask Frank De Boer or Ole Gunnar Solskjaer. An unforgiving league where if the 1st placed team plays the bottom team at 80% they would get bulldozed and would likely lose to the bottom team. Knowing what to expect from teams and mangers should make the games somewhat easier to manage.

5. He’s a local lad. There are some times we fans cannot understand why managers cannot see the glaring errors we notice with our untrained eyes. Arsenal fans have been screaming for a solid defensive mid ( Xhaka is not it) for years, Liverpool fans know that Mignolet would never be the keeper that takes us to the promise land, yet managers seem unable to spot the obvious or just do not fix it for some reason. Gerrard on the other hand should be more open to taking the fans opinion on board. Mostly when it comes to transfers, this could prove important. Bayern Munich are a club run by mostly the fans and all their transfer targets are decided by a select group of supporters, sporting directors who are mostly ex players, and the manager. Their transfer policy may generally involve poaching the best players from rival clubs, I think I’d prefer that strategy to the sugar daddy clubs we have today who make world class players like Draxler, Lucas Moura satisfied with been bit part players. Gerrard been a local lad would mean he listens more to the fans plus his loyalty to the club and its fans would always come before his pride which can be a problem for managers. ( lookin at you Arsene and Jose)
Now in 5 years time, Gerrard would be 42 years old whilst Joe Gomez, Solanke, Woodburn, Alexander Arnold, who are a few young players in the first team picture, would be 25 years old or younger. Assuming these players are still at the club because they are improving, they should be playing at close to world class level. It’s not a bad foundation for Gerrard to start with. If it does not work out at least he could return in another 15 years after all the experience he would have amassed in that time. Hows that for a long term plan?
TL;DR - Gerrard should be Liverpool manager because -

1. He's hungry
2. He's doing a great job with the U18's (6th in the league, 14 points off top after 13 games)
3. He played with good players like Xabi Alonso, Suarez, Rio and Lampard
4. He knows the Premier League, unlike managers like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
5. He's a local lad

Unread 28-11-2017, 01:37 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
A genuine letter on F365

TL;DR - Gerrard should be Liverpool manager because -

1. He's hungry
2. He's doing a great job with the U18's (6th in the league, 14 points off top after 13 games)
4. He knows the Premier League, unlike managers like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
5. He's a local lad

Fast-forward a year after them giving Stevie Doughnut the job:

Carra should be brought in as defensive coach to help out Stevie because:

1. He's hungry
2. He's doing a great job on Sky and really knows his onions
4. He knows the Premier League, unlike coaches like Jaap Stam
5. He's a local lad
6. We’ve just been dicked 5-1 at Stoke

Unread 28-11-2017, 01:39 PM
utd99

How is it possible to be so £#%&!ing clueless?

Gerrard.

Do you think he even realises that he said a player who played here eleven years and won six titles has no familiarity with the league?

Unread 28-11-2017, 01:52 PM
Pop

I almost love them as much as I hate them.

£#%&!ing #@&%!s.

Unread 28-11-2017, 03:35 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Were the Beatles from Liverpool? They never really mention it.
And they £#%&!ed off out of there as soon as they could.

Unread 28-11-2017, 04:26 PM
Denis Irwell

Transfer targets decided by a select group of supporters

Four-eyed nob from red men sat in the directors box with pancake and kkk

Unread 28-11-2017, 04:28 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
And they f***ed off out of there as soon as they could.
What's the joke?

Liverpool John Lennon Airport: named after him because it was the first place he went to as soon as he became famous.

Unread 02-12-2017, 05:10 PM
waynes ear's

Unread 02-12-2017, 08:10 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Damn u earsy now I've got the tune of Barbie girl stuck in my head. Cheers!

Unread 02-12-2017, 08:33 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
How is it possible to be so f***ing clueless?

Gerrard.

Do you think he even realises that he said a player who played here eleven years and won six titles has no familiarity with the league?
Especially one who was renowned for analysing the weakness of our opponents when he was on the bench so he could exploit them when he came on. Is why it drives me mad when you see subs not paying attention to what’s happening on the pitch.

Unread 03-12-2017, 09:37 PM
waynes ear's

Uh oh!

Various anti sun replies then led to

State of this #@&%!

Bored so..

Unread 03-12-2017, 09:47 PM
Switching Off

Mind blown.

Unread 03-12-2017, 09:49 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Yeah, don’t claim to be a victim

Unread 03-12-2017, 09:52 PM
andyroo

"Dispicable"

Unread 03-12-2017, 10:37 PM
waynes ear's

Unread 03-12-2017, 11:43 PM
Pop

Was that a Pizza Hut in Liverpool or something?

Or are they actively targeting literally anybody/thing that partners with The Sun?

Unread 04-12-2017, 12:20 AM
red in cumbria

But its the Sun, FFS. I would happily see their entire HQ burned to the ground, never mind the £#%&!ing paper

Unread 04-12-2017, 12:43 AM
otbarney

Well just don't buy it, nobody has the right to tell people what they can or can't read.
Closed Thread