United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-07-2019, 07:06 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
He’s right and was exceptionally well oiled when interviewed after spending most of the day in a Didsbury beer garden

Unread 09-07-2019, 07:24 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
I think he is right but even if you agree it’s a bit ott, it’s a response that pogba and his agent have directly encouraged knowing it will assist a move away.

Unread 09-07-2019, 07:25 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Never realised he was a Newcastle fan. Odd he posts on here but there you go, fair play to him. Saying that Gothers is a spurs fan and Duane a Wolves fan so why not.

Unread 09-07-2019, 09:37 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
left in deliberately.
That was my first thought. It's a strange video anyway but the timing of the clash within the video is too perfect.

There's no doubt he's leaving and the club are more than happy to make Pogba and Raiola look the villains. Though to be fair, the club don't need to do much to make them look like @#%&!s

Unread 09-07-2019, 09:38 AM
andyroo

We've been making him look like a @#%&! for three years, why change?

Unread 09-07-2019, 09:41 AM
Lok

I remember being £#%&!ing chuffed when we signed this @#%&!. Can't believe how sour it has turned. In the 3 years he has been here I can only think of a couple of memorable performances and they ultimately meant nothing.

By the time he has been sold it wont really have cost us anything but it makes us look really £#%&!ing stupid. Hopefully that's the end of us chasing superstars.

Unread 09-07-2019, 10:40 AM
Vedder

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Unleash Martial. Stop playing him as a winger. He's the best finisher at the club.
Agreed. He’s a far better player and finisher than Rashford

Unread 09-07-2019, 10:59 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Agreed. He’s a far better player and finisher than Rashford
Fingers crossed bringing James in allows for Martial to get more game time as a striker. His best period for us came when he was being deployed as one. As good as Zlatan was for us, I hated how Mou shunted Martial out to that left wing; there was no reason to not rotate them at the least, especially as Zlatan was showing signs of his age.

Unread 09-07-2019, 11:37 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Fingers crossed bringing James in allows for Martial to get more game time as a striker. His best period for us came when he was being deployed as one. As good as Zlatan was for us, I hated how Mou shunted Martial out to that left wing; there was no reason to not rotate them at the least, especially as Zlatan was showing signs of his age.
Martial was actually "shunted" out to the wing by LvG and produced his best football for us from there

Not sure where this idea of his best position clearly being centre forward
His movement leaves a lot to be desired which is a rather important criteria for top class centre forward

Unread 09-07-2019, 11:45 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Martial was actually "shunted" out to the wing by LvG and produced his best football for us from there

His movement leaves a lot to be desired which is a rather important criteria for top class centre forward
Yep

Iirc Van Gaal even said he was bought as a winger but could play other positions if needed?

Unread 09-07-2019, 11:48 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

i was a big fan of martial up to a point. but i think he's past the point of undefined potential. He has a poor work ethic that I don't see changing.

Unread 09-07-2019, 11:57 AM
utd99

If we ever give another penny to Raiola we want £#%&!ing shooting.

Unread 09-07-2019, 12:07 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
If, on the miniscule off chance, I were to bump into him in the street, I'd genuinely nut the fat @#%&!.

£#%&!ing parasite makes my flesh crawl.

Unread 09-07-2019, 12:25 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

Fergie knew

Unread 09-07-2019, 12:26 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Always thought he was played there sporadically when Rashford broke into the team/when Depay just wasn't cutting it, but will hold my hands up if I'm wrong. What I do stand by is that he would be more effective for us than Rashford as a striker, as he's definitely a better finisher and has a bit of a poacher about him too. What I wouldn't mind is seeing the two of them start up top, though for the time being we don't have the wingers to play a 442, so we would probably be quite narrow in possession and need the fullbacks to consistently be making runs up their respective flanks. Rashford and Martial as our two strikers could complement each other, Rashford has the energy to keep running defenders around, Martial with his general finishing, given a run it could work.

Unread 09-07-2019, 12:33 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
If, on the miniscule off chance, I were to bump into him in the street, I'd genuinely nut the fat @#%&!.

Quote:
The club has known his feeling for a long time.
Damn. How long has this been in the works?

I think we need to draw breath here and realise that the player wants to leave. It's not Raiola's job to convince him otherwise.

This is on Pogba.

Unread 09-07-2019, 01:00 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Damn. How long has this been in the works?

I think we need to draw breath here and realise that the player wants to leave. It's not Raiola's job to convince him otherwise.

This is on Pogba.
It's also not in Raiola's interest for his player to remain happy and settled at a club when he could move pimp him about for beacoup bills

Unread 09-07-2019, 01:03 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7

His players love him though. In the wider discussion of how big the gap is from the footballers to the supporters you have to look at how we look from the outside looking in at guys like Raiola as a parasite yet to his players he is like a father figure. If you read Ibrahimovic's book for example he basically admits if some of his managers criticised his performances he didn't give a £#%&! but if Raiola made the exact same criticism he'd listen.

Unread 09-07-2019, 01:21 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
His players love him though. In the wider discussion of how big the gap is from the footballers to the supporters you have to look at how we look from the outside looking in at guys like Raiola as a parasite yet to his players he is like a father figure. If you read Ibrahimovic's book for example he basically admits if some of his managers criticised his performances he didn't give a £#%&! but if Raiola made the exact same criticism he'd listen.
Think it's the difference between a selfish shit-bag of a player, and a player that is good the team as a whole.

If Ibra only worried when Raiola criticised his performances, it's because he must've know that his stock had dropped, that his poor performance was impacting what he was worth financially, not because it affected the team he was playing for, or the team mates he was playing with. Because surely Raiola would only be concerned about poor performances if it was going to affect what him and his client could earn in the future.

£#%&! any player that has that mindset.
Closed Thread